Around The League 2018-19 Offseason edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Islanders may have been missed a bullet with this Tavares signing, similar to what the devils avoided with the Parise contract.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Islanders may have been missed a bullet with this Tavares signing, similar to what the devils avoided with the Parise contract.

I respectfully disagree.
I think JT will be durable and have a longer prime for NYb than ZP has had with Minny

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
A) Tavares didn't sign anywhere yet....
B) Parise got 13 years. Tavares will get max 8 (which expires in 12 hours), 7 if he goes elsewhere

big difference.

And C) JT will be 34-35 max at the end of his contract. Parise will be 40 lol

Reactions: nugg

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
This Tavares thing is nieds 2.0.

Neids waited til after ufa started before he left and lou was left holding the bag and had to “scramble” for mcgillis and Malakov. I always believed that while a tough decision no doubt but nieds knew he was leaving and it was one last f u to lou.

Can see the same situation with Tavares if he leaves ny. Honestly it’s even worse since he’s had a week to decide? And your still leaving the isles in the dark?

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

I hate when people on here think and say this. So when Nico is 28 we shouldn’t sign him to an 8 year deal? Hall shouldn’t get one either for 80 million or whatever? Just have a bunch of guys on elc and once they turn 26 trade them?

Reactions: Devils Dominion

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
I hate how Tavares is taking a page from lebron on how to milk a signing.... all that's left is an Hr long TV show for him to decide.

njdevils19

Jan 11, 2007
Northern NJ
Somebody please take this guy's twitter account away until he learns how to spell ATLANTIC.

EDIT : On second thought, I read the comments in the tweet and it's supposed to be some kind of inside joke.

It's not an inside joke as much as a joke about how every reporter is jumping over to write for the Athletic, hence the joke that Tavares is jumping there as well.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I hate how Tavares is taking a page from lebron on how to milk a signing.... all that's left is an Hr long TV show for him to decide.
Most other guys took longer, and he's the best name (still in his 20's) to ever hit the UFA market. I thought Parise and Niedermayer and absolutely Kovalchuk all took longer, but that was before the UFA interview period that we have now.

I really think he'll sign somewhere by tomorrow, but I don't think he will sign tonight or make a decision tonight. Technically, he can't sign with anyone but the Islanders tonight or before noon tomorrow.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
A) Tavares didn't sign anywhere yet....
B) Parise got 13 years. Tavares will get max 8 (which expires in 12 hours), 7 if he goes elsewhere

big difference.

just wait. hes gonna get 10 mil + per year.

hes done nothing. decent player but wayyyy overrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad