Sportsnet: Arizona have received an offer matching their asking price for Jakob Chychrun.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
New 32 Thoughts just dropped:

Yotes have 1 offer that meets criteria

Not in “best offer” stage - Teams trying to “technically” meet criteria (not their top pieces yet)

AZ isn’t close to pulling trigger. Auction will continue until prices go up. A lot of teams interested- ANA, STL, NYI, STL, CBJ, FLA (front-runner), NYR, BOS, LAK

AZ doesn’t want to wait - they want offers anted up now. Ready for best offer stage.

Don't believe McTavish will move.

Don’t believe Lundell will move (but sound like a maybe a small outside shot).

I really want to see STL take a big swing at this. A top LD is our only real glaring hole and a large chunk of our core (ROR, Perron, Schenn, Tarasenko) are in their prime. It would probably hurt us in the long run but right now is our time to go big for more cups while these guys are still around and producing well.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Florida being “in-it” is terrifying for me. I don’t want any conceivable package from the Panthers at all.

Lol, I know what you're saying, but you never know. Guys like Tippett just don't have the room to get into the top 6. He may flourish on another team with more opportunities. He needs a fresh start, he has some great tools, he's learned a lot. He may not be a piece in this, but I think he has several other levels to him.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
People who bash Nils Lundkvist either haven't watched him play, or have no idea what a development curve for defensemen looks like. He played pretty well on our third pair with the worst bum in the league (Nemeth), and was sent down to the AHL to get more minutes. Nils dominated and set records for his age in the Swedish pro league. He is a really, really talented player with huge potential upside.

I'm not saying the Rangers have the best potential deal for Chychrun. But I say this as a person who has been through this when the Rangers dealt McDonagh years ago and was hoping for a bigger return: the Coyotes should be doing jumpingjacks for any trade package that includes Nils Lundkvist. He's 100% a guy you want as part of the deal. Schneider is great too. Personally, I hate parting with either of them but for NYR there is literally no room for both of them. One will have to be trade bait.

Coincidentally, Nils is the only salvageable part of that old McDonagh deal (we used the draft pick to select him).

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Florida being “in-it” is terrifying for me. I don’t want any conceivable package from the Panthers at all.

Based on the OP, I'm curious about how GM minds work at times. The first few pages are full of trade proposals that meet the rumored ask but obviously Arizona wouldn't accept. I wonder why it took so long for teams to field stink bids that meet a seemingly low criteria to kick start the bidding war. I mean, the Yotes have the perfect joke lined up for these stink bid offers too. Do teams dislike chatting with the Yotes or something?

ie:
"I'd like to put an order in: Zadorov/Gubranson + Valimaki + 2022 1st (lottery protected)" (2 former 1sts + 1st)
*Forward voicemail to Chayka's old phone number*
"Sir, this is a Wendy's."

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Lol, I know what you're saying, but you never know. Guys like Tippett just don't have the room to get into the top 6. He may flourish on another team with more opportunities. He needs a fresh start, he has some great tools, he's learned a lot. He may not be a piece in this, but I think he has several other levels to him.
Ive no interest at all in Tippett. I like Samoskevich the most out over every non-Lundell asset, and I still would have him ranked in the 20s in this draft.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
But what do you care if it hurts the Rangers to lose Kravtsov? It hurts to lose him less than it did because he didn't want to play in Hartford and wanted to play for the Rangers. That is not relevant for Arizona. That doesn't make him any worse of a prospect. Talent wise he's likely our top forward prospect. Would it make you feel better if we included Othmann, even though Kravtsov is arguably a better prospect just because it would hurt the Rangers to lose him more for reasons irrelevant to the Coyotes?

And Lundkvist it only doesn't hurt as much to lose because we have a deep defensive prospect pool. If we had a shitty prospect pool and it hurt us to lose him more would that make a difference for the Coyotes?

The reason it doesn't hurt that much to get rid of these players is irrelevant to the Coyotes. Do you just need to win the trade outright rather than have a possible win/win?
If Im Arizona I don't want the prospect that had a temper tantrum, took his ball and went home. What happens when the Yotes are a bottom feeder for the next 4 seasons? Is this prospect suddenly going to show maturity and be an integral piece of the rebuild, or will he cry about his line mates, about not winning, missing the playoffs???? No one knows for sure, but his willingness to show a sense of entitlement to an NHL roster spot indicates there could be future maturity issues, so this is a huge concern I would think for the Yotes.

Reactions: Nowotny

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
If Im Arizona I don't want the prospect that had a temper tantrum, took his ball and went home. What happens when the Yotes are a bottom feeder for the next 4 seasons? Is this prospect suddenly going to show maturity and be an integral piece of the rebuild, or will he cry about his line mates, about not winning, missing the playoffs???? No one knows for sure, but his willingness to show a sense of entitlement to an NHL roster spot indicates there could be future maturity issues, so this is a huge concern I would think for the Yotes.

At this point, I would say Brennan Othmann is NYR's best forward prospect.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Vilardi, Bjornfot, 1st, Maata (for cap only)

Most Arizona fans have said no to the above but I am still hopeful.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
You disagree? Which part? You like Samoskevich more than all but fewer than 18 kids in this draft? Or you like other prospects in Florida’s system more than Samoskevich?

I disagree with your assessment on Samoskevitch, I like the kid. I don't know why you dislike Tippett so much, but again, i'm not losing Chychrun. What didn't you grasp there?

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
What would be nice for this thread is a sticky reminding people that if you want to put a cap dump into a trade you need to pay to do so. You don't just write "for cap".

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
What would be nice for this thread is a sticky reminding people that if you want to put a cap dump into a trade you need to pay to do so. You don't just write "for cap".

Guessing this is in response to Maata.
1) his deal is done at the end of the year so not much (if any) payment would be required
2) Arizona could still use him as bottom pair. They will be losing a guy in chycrhun.

So not just for cap, but from LA's pov it would be for cap

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
People who bash Nils Lundkvist either haven't watched him play, or have no idea what a development curve for defensemen looks like. He played pretty well on our third pair with the worst bum in the league (Nemeth), and was sent down to the AHL to get more minutes. Nils dominated and set records for his age in the Swedish pro league. He is a really, really talented player with huge potential upside.

I'm not saying the Rangers have the best potential deal for Chychrun. But I say this as a person who has been through this when the Rangers dealt McDonagh years ago and was hoping for a bigger return: the Coyotes should be doing jumpingjacks for any trade package that includes Nils Lundkvist. He's 100% a guy you want as part of the deal. Schneider is great too. Personally, I hate parting with either of them but for NYR there is literally no room for both of them. One will have to be trade bait.

Coincidentally, Nils is the only salvageable part of that old McDonagh deal (we used the draft pick to select him).
Or Nils could play the left side (or Schneider) when they both force their way to the big club. I wouldn't part with either if i could help it.

KniespassZegras

Jan 2, 2022
Why not? I mean, yeah, that'd be troublesome, but Chychrun does everything we'd need in another blueliner and is a year younger than Werenski so age isn't a concern. We can draft more RD easily enough - we've got the picks, even after trading one.

If Ceulemans + Foudy + later of the two 1sts is enough for Chychrun, I'd be perfectly wiling to go for that. I'm not in a hurry to lose any of those guys, but IMO Chychrun could be worth it. I'd really love to add a good defensive RD instead, but those aren't available at the moment. He's not a strong need per se, but a Werenski/Chychrun/Gavrikov LD is a competitive ace in the hole, and that's something we could certainly use.

Frankly, I think the Jackets could easily pick this up. It's just a question of whether or not Kekalainen opts to build the team that way.

* * *​

...we actually kind of just undercut this argument with what we said we were going to be getting back for Seth Jones. Folks were insisting we had no chance at getting both Boqvist and the 1st, let alone adding this year's 1st as well. And yet...

I mean, admittedly, Arizona doesn't have a Jarmo Kekalainen running things, but still. Let's not turn around and start perpetuating the bullshit that we found so annoying a few short months ago.

* * *​

They'd probably look better to the common fan if 1) they ever got traded during their primes as opposed to on the tail end of them and 2) Arizona was ever actually capable of having more than one truly good defenseman at a time.

"He was mediocre all along" isn't exactly a rational conclusion when your finally-out-on-other-teams data generally comes on the wrong side of 30.

none of this is correct at all

KniespassZegras

Jan 2, 2022
Not really comparable either. Eichel is signed for 5 years at $10million and a neck injury that has been very controversial and carries long term risk. Jones was entering the last year of his deal and needed a $9.5 extension. Chychrun is 23 and signed for 3 more seasons at $4.6. Doesn't feel like you're comparing apples to apples.

contract status doesn't out weight a players on ice value.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
It worries me Blake was at a Phoenix game and when Vilardi is traded, I am gonna lose it totally.

Vilardi is not given a fair shake in LA IMO. There is no reason Fagemo for example should be playing on Kopitar's wing before Vilardi gets that shot. That is telling to me that the team does not see a future with him as a King

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Guessing this is in response to Maata.
1) his deal is done at the end of the year so not much (if any) payment would be required
2) Arizona could still use him as bottom pair. They will be losing a guy in chycrhun.

So not just for cap, but from LA's pov it would be for cap

If there's benefit to Arizona then there's benefit. But if a guy has to be included included to facilitate the trade, then there's an associated cost.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I see a lot of Nils bashing in here because he's in the A right now (where he should have started the season with Schneider) and has not leapt off the page in his first north american season. If the Rangers didn't have Schneider, they wouldn't be looking to trade him, and if they didn't have Fox he'd be the Rangers PP QB of the future, those are the only reasons he's available. We don't have room for all the RDs we have.
I don't see Nils bashing, in fact I don't think I've read negative commentary about him on any of the 30 pages of posting. What I am hearing a lot of is that if posters had the option between adding Schneider or Lundkvist, they prefer Schneider. I think this has a lot to do with his size and his physicality. I for one would take Schneider over Lundkvist on my team because his play style would compliment our first pairing LHD. Not any bashing, but understanding that specific qualities and styles fit better in different systems with different players and different responsibilities.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Vilardi is not given a fair shake in LA IMO. There is no reason Fagemo for example should be playing on Kopitar's wing before Vilardi gets that shot. That is telling to me that the team does not see a future with him as a King
Agreed because he should be playing for LA right now.

Reactions: YP44

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
If there's benefit to Arizona then there's benefit. But if a guy has to be included included to facilitate the trade, then there's an associated cost.

If Arizona truly wants to get a huge haul (like 3 firsts) they would be foolish not to have a contract coming back. So many teams are up against the cap, that if they do not they would really be only dealing with only a few teams, and therefore diminish the return.

said player coming back being a UFA at seasons end is a bonus IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad