Sportsnet: Arizona have received an offer matching their asking price for Jakob Chychrun.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
I see a ton of "I want a relatively young impact player with term while not giving up anything valuable" posts.
Seems as though most teams that are interested have decent depth on the backend and Chych is just a nice to have. His season so far is also not helping his trade value. I think he's a good player and worth something, but I think whenever a player is put up for auction, the return is usually not as great as expected. It's not like teams are trying to pry him from Arizona, he's being offered for sale. Big difference.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
Wow was i wrong the more i read the more i think Chychrun shouldn't even be in the NHL according to a lot of the comments here LMFAO.
Don't get your panties in a twist, no one's saying he's a bad player, they're just pointing out that he's not "elite" as he's being hyped to be by fans. He had a good offensive year in a very unorthodox season. People point out this year as being an outlier but last year wasn't?

BHD

Here comes Skinner
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Seems as though most teams that are interested have decent depth on the backend and Chych is just a nice to have.

The Bruins - one team linked to him - are a Matt Grzelcyk injury away from having Derek Forbort or Urho Vaakanainen next to Charlie McAvoy. Even if he's not a bonafide #1, he would form a legitimate 1-2 punch on whatever team he joins. Ekblad and Chychrun could do damage on separate pairs for the Panthers.

His season so far is also not helping his trade value.

Yes and no. Yes, he could be playing better. However, he's also playing on team going through a scorched earth rebuild (i.e., Jay Beagle on the top line). No player is going to look good in a situation like that.

I think he's a good player and worth something, but I think whenever a player is put up for auction, the return is usually not as great as expected. It's not like teams are trying to pry him from Arizona, he's being offered for sale. Big difference.

Reports suggest otherwise. Jeff Marek reported that a couple teams had given giving the Coyotes "cause for pause", and now we have this.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Braden Schneider is not an untouchable in a Chychrun deal. Hahaha.

How would you know?

I guarantee you that if the Rangers trade for Chychrun, or even if the Rangers' offer is made public, Schneider will not be part of it. Schneider is our eventual Trouba replacement. Lundkvist is very likely available because of Schneider, not the other way around.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I think if the Rangers pull the trigger its K'Andre Miller thats the dman involved. Opens up a slot next to Trouba for Chychrun. Miller/Kravstov/1st.

I think Nemeth goes the other way no matter what, so if Miller is part of the deal, who is our 3rd pair LD? Are we trading for 2 dmen?

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Give Tampa a run? The Rangers have the worst xG% at 5v5 in the whole league. The next lowest playoff team is STL at 24th, then Dallas at 15th. They are extremely lucky to even be in the playoff picture at all, let alone this high in the standings. While Shesterkin and the PP could continue to save the day for them, they’re a deeply flawed team at 5v5 and one or two players aren’t gonna change that.

While I agree they are not a true contender how is having an elite goaltender, good PP and and great PK "lucky"? I suppose people like you would prefer a computer alogirthim award wins based on 5v5 xG%.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Bunch of garbage and possibly late first for a top pairing Dman

Countering with Fischer/Larsson/Lyubushkin/Colorados 1st for McAvoy
Nah nah I think he’s got a point. Canucks counter with Brayden Schenn, Tanner Pearson and a 2048 first. That’s about the same level as what he offered :p

(The post you’re quoting is sarcasm and a dig at the bruins)

Reactions: Nowotny

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
How would you know?

I guarantee you that if the Rangers trade for Chychrun, or even if the Rangers' offer is made public, Schneider will not be part of it. Schneider is our eventual Trouba replacement. Lundkvist is very likely available because of Schneider, not the other way around.
Some things are so absurdly obviously you don’t need spy equipment in an executive office to be sure.

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Why exactly are the Yotes wanting to trade this guy if the contract and the player are this good?
If this “cash” you keep talking about is supposedly so valuable, why do you keep offering to trade it for boring, every day things like water and rent? It can’t be that good if people are willing to just exchange it for other specific items.
I think you are responding to the wrong guy, I didn't mention cash.

I think my question is still valid though - why is a rebuilding team trading away a good player with a good contract that I would assume they'd want to build around?

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Nah nah I think he’s got a point. Canucks counter with Brayden Schenn, Tanner Pearson and a 2048 first. That’s about the same level as what he offered :p

(The post you’re quoting is sarcasm and a dig at the bruins)
When did Vancouver get B. Schenn from STL? :help:

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
Hyping up yet another just pretty good player to trade away is their Stanley Cup all the way back from the Yandle days. Their 3 fans are elite hype men for mediocre players, they got a lot of experience doing it by now. Once Chychrun is gone we'll be hearing about Lyubushkin being a Norris darkhorse.
So Chychrun didn't pot 18 goals in 56 games last year? You gotta be pretty mediocre as a D man to do that??

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Arizona: That moment when your asking price is met and you wonder if you could have asked for more :ha:

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
I don't think there's any chance that Drury offers up Schneider. If that means the Rangers offer isn't accepted, so be it.
Agree. Schneider stays. I would like to see Lundquist stay as well. I would rather see Miller or even Lindgren go because i think Schneider and Lundquist have higher upside than Lindgren, and Miller's upside is iffy. Miller is pretty good now but not Chychrun good. If we have Chychrun, then he replaces Miller or Lindgren and Jones replaces Nemeth and our D is set for a while. Jones is being held down because we need the "veteran presence" of Nemeth. That goes away after this deal especially if Miller is the guy.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
How would you know?

Too funny And how would you know?

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Agree. Schneider stays. I would like to see Lundquist stay as well. I would rather see Miller or even Lindgren go because i think Schneider and Lundquist have higher upside than Lindgren, and Miller's upside is iffy. Miller is pretty good now but not Chychrun good. If we have Chychrun, then he replaces Miller or Lindgren and Jones replaces Nemeth and our D is set for a while. Jones is being held down because we need the "veteran presence" of Nemeth. That goes away after this deal especially if Miller is the guy.
The part I bolded is exactly why Arizona would want Schneider in the deal. If you want something good you have to give up your better assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad