Sportsnet: Arizona have received an offer matching their asking price for Jakob Chychrun.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
You’re doing a lot of rationalizing just offering the stuff you don’t really want. Lol.

Cope.
That’s just incorrect. Skill wise, points wise, lundkvist is prob ahead of Schneider atm. He’s certainly got a better shot as well.
What Schneider has on him currently is size and physicality.
That’s why Schneider has taken over on 3rd pair.
Even if they dealt Schneider, they’d still have problems getting Lundkvist top 4 min and PP time with Fox /trouba still here.
You just seem to have no grasp of NYR prospects or guys currently filling the roster.
You can say cope, but you look like a schmuck.

learn what the team has vs lacks, and what it has an abundance of over scarcity.

once again, why weaken the 3rd pair going into the playoffs just to have to make another trade to fix it?
It’s pretty much simple logic

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
To me there is really not much difference in value between Miller/Lundkvist/Schneider, Jones is probably slightly less regarded than those 3, even if he shouldn't be.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
That’s just incorrect. Skill wise, points wise, lundkvist is prob ahead of Schneider atm. He’s certainly got a better shot as well.
What Schneider has on him currently is size and physicality.
That’s why Schneider has taken over on 3rd pair.
Even if they dealt Schneider, they’d still have problems getting Lundkvist top 4 min and PP time with Fox /trouba still here.
You just seem to have no grasp of NYR prospects or guys currently filling the roster.
You can say cope, but you look like a schmuck.

learn what the team has vs lacks, and what it has an abundance of over scarcity.

once again, why weaken the 3rd pair going into the playoffs just to have to make another trade to fix it?
It’s pretty much simple logic

It's like a child that wants to toys everyone else covets.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
What player are you talking about when you say they wont "subtract a starting player"? Schnedier? He has played a whopping 5 games as a call up.

IF the Rangers are adding Chychrun, it is to the top 4, presumably bumping Miller down to the third pairing and Nemeth to the press box. So, if Schneider is part of the trade you would be subtracting a 3rd pairing guy with 5 games NHL experience.

The Rangers are stacked on D so I am not sure the interest anyway BUT if Schneider is not available (RHS and style of play) then I would rather get Lundkvist than Jones but might prefer Robertson over either.
The main reason for Schneider taking over on 3rd because Lundkvist atm is not very physical. Nemeth has been hot garbage for the last month or so, ( really most of the year).
Rangers needed a bigger body that can play a solid 10-12 min.
Nils and Nemeth were overmatched when teams physical 3rd/4th lines went to work down low on them.
Schneider has looked steady since coming up and isn’t afraid to throw his body around.
That’s exactly what the 3rd pair needs atm. Not a smaller PMD.
Lundkvist absolutely has a bright future, but the fact remains, he’s going to be blocked by FoX/trouba from any meaningful top4/PP mins in NY.
Schneider who plays a heavier game doesn’t have a problem with bigger players, and he’s not counted on to provide offense or play the point on the PP.
If Lundkvist hits his ceiling, I actually see him playing a similar game to how Chycrun plays now.
But it’s going to be almost impossible to get him the minutes here when Fox is ahead of him in that role for 7 more seasons.
Jones is also a very good prospect and has opened a lot of eyes the past year. But I think Lundkvist being a RD, and probably playing a better 2-way game when all’s said and done makes him a little more valuable.
All of Jones/Lundkvist/And Schneider are going to have bright futures. I wish we had spots and minutes to play all of them, but that’s just not the real world.

Last edited:
Reactions: CLW

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Chychrun is 4th on his team in shorthanded ice time per game behind defensive stalwarts like Anton Stralman and Ilya Llyubushkin...

How is he so good defensively and so sparingly used for penalty killing on one of the worst rosters ever assembled? Last year he was 6th among defenseman on Arizona in SH ice time :laugh:

He's had one good season that was inflated by 60+% offensive zone starts (something he's had almost all of his career until this year.....the year he struggles).

No one else on the team even sniffs his terrible plus minus. Too many analytics darlings in this thread. When he was drafted all anyone talked about was his underlying numbers. Well now he's in his 6th NHL season and he's less than .5 PPG for his career and has never actually taken the next step into consistency.

Chychrun is fine, has some more potential to live up to but he has done next to nothing in his career to warrant the kind of price tag on him right now. Trading Lundell for Chychrun would be the f***ing stupidest thing I've seen a team do since hiring Ken Holland to generally manage your team.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
It's like a child that wants to toys everyone else covets.
It’s crazy. You can tell people exactly why the team would trade Lundkvist, but they’ll argue even know they don’t have a clue.
I actually rather deal Lundkvist in a package for a young C instead of Chycrun, but I’m guessing he’s a piece they would covet.
I had 1 Yotes fan tell me Crouse would be a lock for 30-35 goals on the leafs. Talk about delusions of grandeur.....

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
It’s crazy. You can tell people exactly why the team would trade Lundkvist, but they’ll argue even know they don’t have a clue.
I actually rather deal Lundkvist in a package for a young C instead of Chycrun, but I’m guessing he’s a piece they would covet.
I had 1 Yotes fan tell me Crouse would be a lock for 30-35 goals on the leafs. Talk about delusions of grandeur.....

Hyping up yet another just pretty good player to trade away is their Stanley Cup all the way back from the Yandle days. Their 3 fans are elite hype men for mediocre players, they got a lot of experience doing it by now. Once Chychrun is gone we'll be hearing about Lyubushkin being a Norris darkhorse.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Chychrun is 4th on his team in shorthanded ice time per game behind defensive stalwarts like Anton Stralman and Ilya Llyubushkin...

How is he so good defensively and so sparingly used for penalty killing on one of the worst rosters ever assembled? Last year he was 6th among defenseman on Arizona in SH ice time :laugh:

He's had one good season that was inflated by 60+% offensive zone starts (something he's had almost all of his career until this year.....the year he struggles).

No one else on the team even sniffs his terrible plus minus. Too many analytics darlings in this thread. When he was drafted all anyone talked about was his underlying numbers. Well now he's in his 6th NHL season and he's less than .5 PPG for his career and has never actually taken the next step into consistency.

Chychrun is fine, has some more potential to live up to but he has done next to nothing in his career to warrant the kind of price tag on him right now. Trading Lundell for Chychrun would be the f***ing stupidest thing I've seen a team do since hiring Ken Holland to generally manage your team.

When you play 25 minutes a night a a terrible team your plus minus will feel the affects no matter how good you are. Every bad team has good players with really bad plus/minuses for their heavy minute guys. Just watching the highlights the other night, he may not be playing great, but he is darn sure getting no help from anyone other than Vejmelka this season.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Wow was i wrong the more i read the more i think Chychrun shouldn't even be in the NHL according to a lot of the comments here LMFAO.

DutchNYR

May 6, 2018
Just placed a future wager on a Cup for Florida. Anticipating that they get him. Also, NYR offer is most likely Kravtsov, Lundkvist, 1st. Maybe Schneider is the piece instead of Lundkvist, but I doubt it.

Which both is way too much.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
No trade yet tells me that Arizona is asking more than what's been offered.

That means their asking price has actually not been met. No matter what's been offered -- they still want more.

They could simply be ringing the bell for any last minute offers before the deal is made in business hours (ie / not a Sunday afternoon)

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I’d be willing to retain on Chychrun, toss in Boyd or Larsson and eat Vatrano as a dump in order to get back a little more. That way the optics are at least a little better.

I’d say Larsson or Boyd is worth a 3rd or 4th rounder right? Eating Vatrano is worth a 3rd or 4th rounder. Retention on Chychrun is worth maybe a couple of 2nds? Is a couple of 2nds and a couple of 4ths worth a 1st? Probably, right?

So like Chychrun (50%) & Boyd/Larsson for Lundell, Vatrano, and a ‘24 1st.
Why are the panthers paying to trade away a solid middle 6 winger on an expiring contract…

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Hyping up yet another just pretty good player to trade away is their Stanley Cup all the way back from the Yandle days. Their 3 fans are elite hype men for mediocre players, they got a lot of experience doing it by now. Once Chychrun is gone we'll be hearing about Lyubushkin being a Norris darkhorse.
The thing is, the three fans here don’t get Norris votes. And yet Chychrun finished in the top ten last year. Have you considered that you’re wrong and have bad opinions? That would explain everything.

Reactions: Viqsi and Heldig

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
If I'm Drury, I would be willing to do Kravtsov, Lundkvist and a first in 2022. It's 2 former firsts plus a future one.

Any offer from the Rangers would include Nemeth for salary purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad