Sportsnet: Arizona have received an offer matching their asking price for Jakob Chychrun.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
It’s the rare situation where multiple contenders, teams on the rise and teams rebuilding have interest in Chychrun. So while it might sound outrageous for Arizona to ask for a Lundell, a Dobson, a MacTavish…plus an additional asset or 2 why wouldn’t BA? When there’s maybe a dozen teams bidding for the player you don’t settle, you require an overpayment….some team will budge.

Reactions: BHD and Nowotny

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Over the last 6 or 7 months, from every report around the league, and articles from Rangers beat writers, there is just a huge doubt that the Rangers are putting Schneider in a package. Every sign points to him not being moved.

this. Especially now since he’s playing with the rangers currently.
Why would they weaken 1 D pair to strengthen another.
Pretty obvious Lunkvist or Jones would be the D moving from NYR in a major trade atm.
Schneider is staying with NYR for a ton of reasons, but right now he’s part of the team and playoff push. That’s the simplest and most Direct. He’s also the only physical RD in the NYR system that could possibly allow them to trade Trouba a bit early...
Not saying Lundkvist won’t be a damn good 2-way D who puts up points. But he’s blocked by Fox/trouba/and Schneider now on the RD. He’s not going to get a chance for top 4 mins/PP time here.

if the rangers want Chycrun, it will ultimately be so they can run a Chycrun-Schneider pair in the not too distant future imo.

Last edited:

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
It’s the rare situation where multiple contenders, teams on the rise and teams rebuilding have interest in Chychrun. So while it might sound outrageous for Arizona to ask for a Lundell, a Dobson, a MacTavish…plus an additional asset or 2 why wouldn’t BA? When there’s maybe a dozen teams bidding for the player you don’t settle, you require an overpayment….some team will budge.

Exactly. Chychrun is a high, high-end piece. Top pairing dmen are the equivalent to trading top line centers. He's at the perfect age and @ 4.6M for 3 more years. Easy target for many teams.

Coyotes would be crazy not to ask a high price.

I know he's had a tough year but honestly, as soon as I saw what the Coyotes were going to do this year I was willing to give him a pass on the season. Dude worked his ass off to become their #1 dman and try and help the team rise from the bottom to the playoffs - and they got close. And now they're basically openly tanking. It's got to be frustrating mentally for guys who feel like they have more to prove team success-wise than on a personal level. I actually felt bad for him specifically in the summer.

As MacKinnon once said, that young team rebuilding thing is fine for a while, but gets old.

I'm pretty sure I saw stats last year on Chychrun leading the league in successful stick checks, and I think he was leading the league like halfway through in 19-20 as well. On top of that he hit double digit goals b2b and judging on the 41 pts in 56 games last year, on a good team where forwards have better finish he could probably hit 60 points if he's playing a 2-way role.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
this. Especially now since he’s playing with the rangers currently.
Why would they weaken 1 D pair to strengthen another.
Pretty obvious Lunkvist or Jones would be the D moving from NYR in a major trade atm.
Schneider is staying with NYR for a ton of reasons, but right now he’s part of the team and playoff push. That’s the simplest and most Direct.
Not saying Lundkvist won’t be a damn good 2-way D who puts up points. But he’s blocked by Fox/trouba/and Schneider now on the RD. He’s not going to get a chance for top 4 mins/PP time here.
Do you honestly think blockbuster trades are made when one team simply stacks up the assets they find to be the most expendable? Cuz that’s not the way it works man. Haha.

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
Vilardi, Kupari, and a 1st?
Vilardi has a history of chronic,severe back problems.(I don't think Kings ever disclosed any specific details).Also some question his work ethics and drive(article in THW from November 16,2021).He had a poor start of the season and is back in AHL.Sounds more like reclamation project that blue chip prospect

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Exactly. Chychrun is a high, high-end piece. Top pairing dmen are the equivalent to trading top line centers. He's at the perfect age and @ 4.6M for 3 more years. Easy target for many teams.

Coyotes would be crazy not to ask a high price.

I know he's had a tough year but honestly, as soon as I saw what the Coyotes were going to do this year I was willing to give him a pass on the season. Dude worked his ass off to become their #1 dman and try and help the team rise from the bottom to the playoffs - and they got close. And now they're basically openly tanking. It's got to be frustrating mentally for guys who feel like they have more to prove team success-wise than on a personal level. I actually felt bad for him specifically in the summer.

As MacKinnon once said, that young team rebuilding thing is fine for a while, but gets old.

I'm pretty sure I saw stats last year on Chychrun leading the league in successful stick checks, and I think he was leading the league like halfway through in 19-20 as well. On top of that he hit double digit goals b2b and judging on the 41 pts in 56 games last year, on a good team where forwards have better finish he could probably hit 60 points if he's playing a 2-way role.
I promise you he hasn’t finished top ten in Norris voting for the last time.

Reactions: Uncle Scrooge

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Do you honestly think blockbuster trades are made when one team simply stacks up the assets they find to be the most expendable? Cuz that’s not the way it works man. Haha.
You trade from a position of strength to cover your weakness.
Nyr have Fox Jones and Lundkvist all of similar size and style. I’m very aware how trades work. Nyr usually is more active then most.
I’d bet you 500$ that my package would be closer to some of the crazy stuff on here.
And Schneider will still be on the rangers at the end of the day.
We’ve seen nonsense spewed about what Eichel would return???
We seen the Ryan McDonaugh trade and countless others.....
Nyr likely offer will be 1 of Jones/Lundkvist+ kravtsov + 1st

how many playoff teams want to subtract starting players on their roster going into the playoffs to beef up another position???
Clue, it doesn’t really ever happen.
They want to add to the team. Not subtract 1 position and add another.
That’s the real world and the business of the NHL

Last edited:

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Nyr have Fox Jones and Lundkvist all of similar size and style. I’m very aware how trades work. Nyr usually is more active then most.
I’d bet you 500$ that my package would be closer to some of the crazy stuff on here.

how many playoff teams want to subtract starting players on their roster going into the playoffs to beef up another position???
You’re doing a lot of rationalizing just offering the stuff you don’t really want. Lol.

Cope.

Reactions: Nowotny

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Would be great if Dallas could sell-off all their UFAs, and turn some/many of those assets into Chychrun. I can’t imagine it’s out of the realm of possibility.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
You’re doing a lot of rationalizing just offering the stuff you don’t really want. Lol.

Cope.

He's really not, and it's not about "stuff we don't want". Lundkvist vs. Schneider is essentially a wash in terms of value. The Rangers would only make it a sticking point on this because of team structure. If they didn't have Fox, I doubt Lundkvist would even be on the table in a deal, and they might not even bother making an offer for Chychrun in that case. Fortune has it that they have an additional high end prospect here. If Arizona feels differently, that's one thing, and it makes the conversation pretty quick. But this isn't some kind of bait and switch. Lundkvist is just as high end of a prospect.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
He's really not, and it's not about "stuff we don't want". Lundkvist vs. Schneider is essentially a wash in terms of value. The Rangers would only make it a sticking point on this because of team structure. If they didn't have Fox, I doubt Lundkvist would even be on the table in a deal, and they might not even bother making an offer for Chychrun in that case. Fortune has it that they have an additional high end prospect here. If Arizona feels differently, that's one thing, and it makes the conversation pretty quick. But this isn't some kind of bait and switch. Lundkvist is just as high end of a prospect.

I've made this point countless times that if Schneider was the Rangers' third best D prospect and we thought he was expendable he'd say "you just want to give us someone you don't want" and insist on the #1 D prospect. He just wants the feeling of fleecing someone. It's not about Schneider vs. Lundkvist.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Lol. Malarkey and you know it.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
That's crazy. Chychrun does what he does against the toughest matchups and has done it for a few years. Lundell is getting favorable matchups on his stud team and is a rookie with a tiny track record. What are you guys smoking? Chychrun >>> Lundell right now. Three years from now it may be different.
Yes, Lundell, who plays first PK unit center is up against a bunch of scrubs.

Reactions: VijayPatel11

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I've made this point countless times that if Schneider was the Rangers' third best D prospect and we thought he was expendable he'd say "you just want to give us someone you don't want" and insist on the #1 D prospect. He just wants the feeling of fleecing someone. It's not about Schneider vs. Lundkvist.
Schneider > Lundkvist+Kravtsov

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Why exactly are the Yotes wanting to trade this guy if the contract and the player are this good?
If this “cash” you keep talking about is supposedly so valuable, why do you keep offering to trade it for boring, every day things like water and rent? It can’t be that good if people are willing to just exchange it for other specific items.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

What player are you talking about when you say they wont "subtract a starting player"? Schnedier? He has played a whopping 5 games as a call up.

IF the Rangers are adding Chychrun, it is to the top 4, presumably bumping Miller down to the third pairing and Nemeth to the press box. So, if Schneider is part of the trade you would be subtracting a 3rd pairing guy with 5 games NHL experience.

The Rangers are stacked on D so I am not sure the interest anyway BUT if Schneider is not available (RHS and style of play) then I would rather get Lundkvist than Jones but might prefer Robertson over either.

Reactions: YotesFan47

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
What player are you talking about when you say they wont "subtract a starting player"? Schnedier? He has played a whopping 5 games as a call up.

IF the Rangers are adding Chychrun, it is to the top 4, presumably bumping Miller down to the third pairing and Nemeth to the press box. So, if Schneider is part of the trade you would be subtracting a 3rd pairing guy with 5 games NHL experience.

The Rangers are stacked on D so I am not sure the interest anyway BUT if Schneider is not available (RHS and style of play) then I would rather get Lundkvist than Jones but might prefer Robertson over either.
He thinks a call-up is a “not it” - lol. It’s like getting to “base” while playing tag. Haha.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Lundkvist, Schneider, and Jones all got games with Nemeth. I feel like Gallant is giving them all experience and seeing who works best. He's not a call up because of injury that's not there on merit.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, I get the feeling that some of you guys think that Rangers fans are trying to sell you a bill of goods with Lundkvist. Here's our prospect ranking on our board. Now this was started before Schneider got a chance with the Rangers but still. He's highly regarded by Rangers fans, enough to be voted our top prospect.

upload_2022-1-24_1-13-1.png

SatanicToedrag

Apr 15, 2017
A goalie as the best piece in a Chychrun trade is a misuse of assets. The Coyotes signed a random guy from europe this summer and he has managed quality starts. Goalies are voodoo. Tippett is about to turn 23 and hasn't hit his stride in the NHL as a scoring forward, which is a huge red flag. Denisenko and some late picks is just surplus when you've got 8 top 60 picks already.

It's about quality. If you want a top pairing D @4.6m, you have to give up someone that projects to be above replacement level.
I get that, I do. However, when speculating a trade you can't devalue someone because of their position of play. We are, after all, just doing cold math with the assets. I understand Arizona's possible unwillingness to trade for a touted tendy but it's still an overpay as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad