Sportsnet: Arizona have received an offer matching their asking price for Jakob Chychrun.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I didn’t say the Coyotes would accept. I am just guessing at what offer they might have received that would meet the criteria of a player who was a first, a prospect who was 1st, and a future 1st.

Yamamoto was a 1st , Bourgault was a 1st and their 1st this year so yeah it would meet the criteria .

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Why do you think anyone is "reneging". Until they accept an offer, they haven't reneged on anything. The "criteria" of a 1st round pick and 2 former 1st round picks has a wide range of value. Julien Gauthier, Lias Andersen, Nolan Patrick, etc.. are all former 1st round picks. So are Lundell, Suzuki, Jarvis, etc..

Some of these players are not attractive, some are. There is no "I met your price so we have a deal" scenario and GMs know this. GM's also know that another GM is going to try and get the best offer he can get for a player. That's normal.

Someone made a comment about GMs making offers then pulling them. Someone said it happens often. I pointed out that a flip floppy GM who makes a habit of making offers then pulling them would be unpopular.

In summary I said the sky is blue. All set.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Yamamoto was a 1st , Bourgault was a 1st and their 1st this year so yeah it would meet the criteria .

Meeting the criteria is a bare minimum. It doesn't mean it's an acceptable offer. There are are a lot of former 1st rounders who do not have first rounder value today. Yamamoto is one of them.

Reactions: Mosby

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
This is some fantastical speculation here. Haha.

I don't know what you're talking about and you clearly don't know what I'm talking about. You're taking this in strange direction. Take care.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Someone made a comment about GMs making offers then pulling them. Someone said it happens often. I pointed out that a flip floppy GM who makes a habit of making offers then pulling them would be unpopular.

What they said was:

"What if, say, Florida has a momentary lapse of sanity and offers Lundell initially? While Arizona is working other teams to beat that (as you say), Florida might re-consider (and come to their senses) and either change their offer or rescind their offer."

Rescinding an offer that is not yet accepted is not "reneging". It happens.

If AZ ACCEPTED the offer and then Florida puled it back, then sure, but in this fictitious example, that never happened and thus I doubt there's any ill will toward the GM. I'd guess that kinda stuff happens a lot.

I used to negotiate licensing an joint development contracts in the tech industry years ago. It was always the case that until you had a signed contract (and more importantly received the payment), it was a given that the other side may pull out and/or try to change terms. It's just part of it.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Comes down why they pulled the deal many previous GMs have said over the years have said that offers made but not taken on the spot get pulled later on. If a GM makes an offer and it gets turned down or the other GM wants to sleep on.. the GM making the offer has every right to pull the deal

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Over the last 6 or 7 months, from every report around the league, and articles from Rangers beat writers, there is just a huge doubt that the Rangers are putting Schneider in a package. Every sign points to him not being moved.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Lindgren is going nowhere. Perfect partner for Fox
He would be a logical cap casualty. This isn't the area where we are debating roster building. But if it came down to Jones playing for us in the lineup it would be by Lindgren or Miller being moved, and my money would be on Lindgren.

Regardless, teams don't just give up extra assets because there are question marks about where that prospect will pencil-in in the future.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
What they said was:

"What if, say, Florida has a momentary lapse of sanity and offers Lundell initially? While Arizona is working other teams to beat that (as you say), Florida might re-consider (and come to their senses) and either change their offer or rescind their offer."

Rescinding an offer that is not yet accepted is not "reneging". It happens.

If AZ ACCEPTED the offer and then Florida puled it back, then sure, but in this fictitious example, that never happened and thus I doubt there's any ill will toward the GM. I'd guess that kinda stuff happens a lot.

I used to negotiate licensing an joint development contracts in the tech industry years ago. It was always the case that until you had a signed contract (and more importantly received the payment), it was a given that the other side may pull out and/or try to change terms. It's just part of it.

Rescinding an offer is unpopular. I don't know what you want from me.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Comes down why they pulled the deal many previous GMs have said over the years have said that offers made but not taken on the spot get pulled later on. If a GM makes an offer and it gets turned down or the other GM wants to sleep on.. the GM making the offer has every right to pull the deal

Okay. Doesn't intersect with what I said but okay.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Rescinding an offer is unpopular. I don't know what you want from me.

I want nothing from you. I just disagree with you. Rescinding an offer that is not yet accepted is likely more commonplace than you realize. If it makes you feel better to think otherwise, then fine. Doesn't bother me.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
I want nothing from you. I just disagree with you. Rescinding an offer that is not yet accepted is likely more commonplace than you realize. If it makes you feel better to think otherwise, then fine. Doesn't bother me.

Then let it die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad