Sportsnet: Arizona have received an offer matching their asking price for Jakob Chychrun.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Alright, Koskinen Yamamoto and a 2028 1st. No one can beat that, sign the papers Arizona.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Lol not really.

Vatrano is gone. He won't be brought back. Nutivaara is gone. Acciari will be gone.

Marchment and Mamim will still be cheap.

A lot of the players they need to sign are AHLers and RFA.

Florida doesn't have cap issues till Huberdeau needs a deal...provided the cap remains the same
And even in that case, if Huberdeau gets 10M and Weegar gets 7M, the Panthers would have their top 8 Fs, 4D, and 1G signed for 72M. You'll have aout 10M in space to fill out the bottom line/pairing/Knight who doesn't look like he will be due for a big raise. Some ELCs and cheap UFAs will be plugged in.

Sure you're not going to be able to have the same depth as this year but the Panthers cap the next few seasons is an easily solvable problem

Reactions: Gentle Man and Mase

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
No. Of course not. How does your brain work this way? The entire point of my posts has been that doesn’t matter.

But your post was that you want us to give up prospects that hurt. My point was that prospects hurting is related to factors that aren't necessarily related to their value. It's possible that Schneider was our third best D prospect and it wouldn't hurt to trade him, would that make him any less valuable?

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
But your post was that you want us to give up prospects that hurt. My point was that prospects hurting is related to factors that aren't necessarily related to their value. It's possible that Schneider was our third best D prospect and it wouldn't hurt to trade him, would that make him any less valuable?
They hurt because they’re good and you don’t want to lose them. lol. Rather than guys you’re souring on because they’re going the wrong direction. Haha. Pretty basic man.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
That's absolutely not true, I'm not sure we watched the same games but there's a reason he was called Goals Against-ski by some people in the forum. Goligoski has never and will never be able to take the tough matchups and Chychrun covered for his braindead plays a lot. And Chychrun has been playing the same quality as OEL had been for years, this year he's just getting more minutes with a far more subpar partner, not that Bush is bad, but he's a stay at home net clearer and isn't a PMD at all like Goligoski was. OEL sucked on D way more than anything else in the last few years, especially before the trade. He was still competent on the PP but that looked like it. Chychrun is obviously struggling but it looks way more like he's just lost out there rather than his abilities have decreased at all.

This whole post is extremely revisionist and just straight up wrong.
Goligoski and OEL were both better on D than Chych, it wasn't close. Chych is getting more minutes with Bush, same partner as OEL. Pretty sure OEL had more production with Bush last year than chych has so far this year.

Be prepared to be disappointed in the return for Chych.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
They hurt because they’re good and you don’t want to lose them. lol. Rather than guys you’re souring on because they’re going the wrong direction. Haha. Pretty basic man.

But the reason it doesn't hurt is the depth of our prospect pool not his value.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
And even in that case, if Huberdeau gets 10M and Weegar gets 7M, the Panthers would have their top 8 Fs, 4D, and 1G signed for 72M. You'll have aout 10M in space to fill out the bottom line/pairing/Knight who doesn't look like he will be due for a big raise. Some ELCs and cheap UFAs will be plugged in.

Sure you're not going to be able to have the same depth as this year but the Panthers cap the next few seasons is an easily solvable problem

I'm holding out hope that Yandle retires at the end of this season and his dead cap is removed....then he gets hired to Florida's front office

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Business is reputation. Reneging is bad business.

Why do you think anyone is "reneging". Until they accept an offer, they haven't reneged on anything. The "criteria" of a 1st round pick and 2 former 1st round picks has a wide range of value. Julien Gauthier, Lias Andersen, Nolan Patrick, etc.. are all former 1st round picks. So are Lundell, Suzuki, Jarvis, etc..

Some of these players are not attractive, some are. There is no "I met your price so we have a deal" scenario and GMs know this. GM's also know that another GM is going to try and get the best offer he can get for a player. That's normal.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Goligoski and OEL were both better on D than Chych, it wasn't close. Chych is getting more minutes with Bush, same partner as OEL. Pretty sure OEL had more production with Bush last year than chych has so far this year.

Be prepared to be disappointed in the return for Chych.
You’re drunk. Log off.

EDIT: trying to be cute here. Not mean.

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I disagree. Haha.

How do you disagree why Rangers fans are willing to give up on Lundkvist? You're not a Rangers fan. If Schneider was our third best D prospect you would want someone else because you want to win the trade outright rather than have a possible win/win.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Well yea. I know players usually don't retire till they get paid out everything.

I'm hoping he actually retires and be a nice guy

I just don’t think it matters if Yandle retires at this point, the caphit from the buyout remains. Florida basically paid him to go sit at home.

Reactions: BB88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad