Sportsnet: Arizona have received an offer matching their asking price for Jakob Chychrun.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Of course New York can afford to do that. You’re keeping your actual top young assets (Lafreniere, Kakko, Miller, etc). Non-roster players aren’t the deal-breakers for a young premiere asset like Chychrun. Othmann and Schneider aren’t recent top five picks or anything. Chychrun had a better season last year than either of those two will ever have in the NHL. That’s a fact.
I can afford to go buy a new car now but should I? No, because I need that money to pay for other things. Rangers can afford it but they also need to keep bringing these high talent low salary players into their roster to supplement because of the heavy contracts they have. Don’t think the Rangers have any interest in moving both of those guys in the same deal for Chychrun.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I made a post on the Rangers trade board. Kravtsov's stock has dropped because he threw a hissy fit for the Rangers. Lundkvist's stock dropped because he struggled early as rookie. BUT, neither guys are spare parts. If Kravtsov didn't throw his hissy fit he'd be the Rangers best forward prospect. Lundkvist is still probably at worst the Rangers' third best D prospect (not counting Miller, but counting Schneider and Jones). And the Rangers have one of the best D prospect pools in the league. Lundkvist struggled early on but was getting better as the season went on. I think it's very likely he'll be a solid top 4 D-man. Kravtsov it wouldn't shock me if he became a first line forward. If Kravtsov didn't throw his hissy fit and the Rangers didn't have such a deep prospect pool Rangers fans would be upset if we parted with either guy. Kravtsov/Lundkvist/1st may not be the best offer, but I think it's a legit offer.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
As a Rangers fan I'd want something like Lundkvist/Jones + Kravstov/Berard + 1st to get it done

I understand why Arizona fans would hate that and why the Coyotes org. would not be keen on it, it doesn't have the big stud piece that they want in the center of the deal

My aversion to Schneider being in is his style of play fitting the team construction so well, but also how much additional it seems Arizona is looking for on top of that

I wonder if adding something like an additional conditional 1st from 2023 could get something done; probably not, but we'll see

I'd be surprised if this gets done in the next couple weeks

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Why would AZ prefer Miller to Schneider when it looks like the Yotes are going even younger
Ok, I thought you were asking from the NYR perspective.. that’s what I based my reply on, I don’t think the Yotes accept that offer and I don’t think the NYR offer much more.. unless they offer that plus an additional 1st

Reactions: Groo

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I made a post on the Rangers trade board. Kravtsov's stock has dropped because he threw a hissy fit for the Rangers. Lundkvist's stock dropped because he struggled early as rookie. BUT, neither guys are spare parts. If Kravtsov didn't throw his hissy fit he'd be the Rangers best forward prospect. Lundkvist is still probably at worst the Rangers' third best D prospect (not counting Miller, but counting Schneider and Jones). And the Rangers have one of the best D prospect pools in the league. Lundkvist struggled early on but was getting better as the season went on. I think it's very likely he'll be a solid top 4 D-man. Kravtsov it wouldn't shock me if he became a first line forward. If Kravtsov didn't throw his hissy fit and the Rangers didn't have such a deep prospect pool Rangers fans would be upset if we parted with either guy. Kravtsov/Lundkvist/1st may not be the best offer, but I think it's a legit offer.
Your plan is to stack players you don’t like anymore? A better plan would be to stack players you do like and would hurt to lose.

Reactions: Nowotny

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
That’s a bad opinion.
It’s actually not, you just don’t like it and that’s all there is..
As much as fellow Kings fans might want Chychrun and would offer anyone not named Byfield or Clarke. The truth is the Kings aren’t moving those two and add these names to the list..
Turcotte
Kaliyev
Faber
They aren’t moving those kids for various reasons which can be discussed if anybody actually wanted to know.. With that said, you can absolutely build an outstanding offer with the following;
2022 1st rounder
Gabriel Vilardi
Rasmus Kupari
Jaret Anderson-Dolan
Samuel Fagemo
Tobias Bjornfot
Tyler Madden
Jordan Spence
Helge Grans
Kasper Simontaival
Martin Chrimiak
Trevor Moore

Last edited:
Reactions: kinghock

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Your plan is to stack players you don’t like anymore? A better plan would be to stack players you do like and would hurt to lose.

But what do you care if it hurts the Rangers to lose Kravtsov? It hurts to lose him less than it did because he didn't want to play in Hartford and wanted to play for the Rangers. That is not relevant for Arizona. That doesn't make him any worse of a prospect. Talent wise he's likely our top forward prospect. Would it make you feel better if we included Othmann, even though Kravtsov is arguably a better prospect just because it would hurt the Rangers to lose him more for reasons irrelevant to the Coyotes?

And Lundkvist it only doesn't hurt as much to lose because we have a deep defensive prospect pool. If we had a shitty prospect pool and it hurt us to lose him more would that make a difference for the Coyotes?

The reason it doesn't hurt that much to get rid of these players is irrelevant to the Coyotes. Do you just need to win the trade outright rather than have a possible win/win?

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
If the coyotes are giving the rangers their best defensman, is it not reasonable that the rangers should include their best defense prospect?

How about Schneider, Kravstov and a 1st?

Reactions: Nowotny and Mosby

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
But what do you care if it hurts the Rangers to lose Kravtsov? It hurts to lose him less than it did because he didn't want to play in Hartford and wanted to play for the Rangers. That is not relevant for Arizona. That doesn't make him any worse of a prospect. Talent wise he's likely our top forward prospect. Would it make you feel better if we included Othmann, even though Kravtsov is arguably a better prospect just because it would hurt the Rangers to lose him more for reasons irrelevant to the Coyotes?

And Lundkvist it only doesn't hurt as much to lose because we have a deep defensive prospect pool. If we had a shitty prospect pool and it hurt us to lose him more would that make a difference for the Coyotes?

The reason it doesn't hurt that much to get rid of these players is irrelevant to the Coyotes. Do you just need to win the trade outright rather than have a possible win/win?
The same reason you don’t care is the same reason I don’t care. That should be easy to understand.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Is it me or is Chychrun extremely overrated? Outside of one outlier season in an extremely favourable Covid division he hasn't proven to be anything more than a 2nd Pair Dmen.

The teams that get outbid will be the ones that believe that.

The team that gets him will think he's the player that led all defencemen in goals last year.

That's why he's going to be expensive, because his salary is low enough to bring multiple opinions to the table.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
It’s actually not, you just don’t like and that’s all there is..
As much as fellow Kings might want Chychrun and would offer anyone not named Byfield or Clarke. The truth is the Kings aren’t moving those two and add these names to the list..
Turcotte
Kaliyev
Faber
They aren’t moving those kids for various reasons which can be discussed if anybody actually wanted to know.. With that said, you can absolutely build an outstanding offer with the following;
2022 1st rounder
Gabriel Vilardi
Rasmus Kupari
Jaret Anderson-Dolan
Samuel Fagemo
Tobias Bjornfot
Tyler Madden
Jordan Spence
Helge Grans
Kasper Simontaival
Martin Chrimiak
Trevor Moore
That list sucks. You must be talking about the wrong defenseman. It’s the other guy from Florida, with the goofy name. Not Chychrun but Gostisbehere. If you’re not confused, you’re an outrageous homer. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad