Sportsnet: Arizona have received an offer matching their asking price for Jakob Chychrun.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
After reading a few pages.

Would be ******* awesome to see the tears from a few around here when there is no Othman, Scheider, Lundell, Clarke whoever is going that way but spare parts and a 1st.

Good lord..
Are you confused about the situation? You must be. Arizona doesn’t have to trade Chychrun. If they can’t get a real return, they can keep him. And they they have Chychrun. Who is obviously more valuable than any of Othmann, Schneider, or Clarke. Are you really clueless enough to think any of those players has more trade value in real life? You can’t be.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
remember when it was all about kakko lafreniere schneider zegras drysdale turcotte byfield for eichel and ended up being krebs? coincidence that its the rangers involved again or just the media trolling for clicks

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
remember when it was all about kakko lafreniere schneider zegras drysdale turcotte byfield for eichel and ended up being krebs? coincidence that its the rangers involved again or just the media trolling for clicks

Tbh Eichel situation is completely different.

Yeah laf+ or Kakko + is probably very unlikely.

But id definitely do something like Schneider+krav+1st

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I like Krebs. I’d be good with Krebs as a centerpiece for Chychrun. Also, Schneider is not a clearly superior prospect to Krebs. They’re roughly equivalent. Both are much better prospects than Turcotte. And zero Coyotes fans in this thread are saying Chychrun would return Kakko, Lafreniere, Zegras or Drysdale. Where are you even getting that? They’re saying Schneider would need to be involved. Because he’s a Krebs level prospect. You just proved the opposite point to the one you’re attempting to make.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Of course Lafreniere isn’t going in. Neither is Kakko. You don’t get to add an untouchable label on five prospects when you want Chychrun. Schneider is obviously in it.
I didn’t. I said NYR can’t afford to trade both Schneider and Othman in the deal. Either or would be more likely the offer but not both. If that can’t push it passed the goal line then doesn’t look like there is a deal to be made there.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I like Krebs. I’d be good with Krebs as a centerpiece for Chychrun. Also, Schneider is not a clearly superior prospect to Krebs. They’re roughly equivalent. Both are much better prospects than Turcotte. And zero Coyotes fans in this thread are saying Chychrun would return Kakko, Lafreniere, Zegras or Drysdale. Where are you even getting that? They’re saying Schneider would need to be involved. Because he’s a Krebs level prospect. You just proved the opposite point to the one you’re attempting to make.

im talking about ppl/sabres fans speculating a grade A blue chip would be needed for J.E

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Most coyotes fans are OK with ___ + Kravtsov + 2022 1st rounder. The ____ has to be the best piece though.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I didn’t. I said NYR can’t afford to trade both Schneider and Othman in the deal. Either or would be more likely the offer but not both. If that can’t push it passed the goal line then doesn’t look like there is a deal to be made there.
Of course New York can afford to do that. You’re keeping your actual top young assets (Lafreniere, Kakko, Miller, etc). Non-roster players aren’t the deal-breakers for a young premiere asset like Chychrun. Othmann and Schneider aren’t recent top five picks or anything. Chychrun had a better season last year than either of those two will ever have in the NHL. That’s a fact.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Most coyotes fans are OK with ___ + Kravtsov + 2022 1st rounder. The ____ has to be the best piece though.

seems like what marek is insinuating is kravtsov is the best piece with a lesser former 1st rounder hence not moving the needle. If NYR steps up in this scenario, I'd imagine it wouldn't be a prospect better than Kravtsov in addition to kravtsov.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Anyone know why the Coyotes are looking to trade a young and cheap #1 defenseman? I understand why they wouldn't trade him for anything less than a stellar return. But for the reasons they wouldn't want to trade him for anything other than a stellar return it begs the question why would they trade him at all giving his age and contract.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Anyone know why the Coyotes are looking to trade a young and cheap #1 defenseman? I understand why they wouldn't trade him for anything less than a stellar return. But for the reasons they wouldn't want to trade him for anything other than a stellar return it begs the question why would they trade him at all giving his age and contract.

Tanking next year. Player has already put in five seasons with AZ and is peaking in value. Simple as that. Similar story with Crouse. Not likely to be more valuable than he is this TDL, especially in the context of the rebuild.

Keller is cost controlled through his prime and has really improved under Tourigny, so there's no trade talk with him.

Bill Armstrong built basically a heaven of sorts for scouts in AZ. The plan is to give them an absurd amount of ammo over two or three drafts to do things right.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017

his value is at its peak right now. He was pretty jaded about seeing the roster turn to shit if I recall from an interview with EF and Marek.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Give Tampa a run? The Rangers have the worst xG% at 5v5 in the whole league. The next lowest playoff team is STL at 24th, then Dallas at 15th. They are extremely lucky to even be in the playoff picture at all, let alone this high in the standings. While Shesterkin and the PP could continue to save the day for them, they’re a deeply flawed team at 5v5 and one or two players aren’t gonna change that.

While I agree that the Rangers won't give TB a run for their money and that their record is flattering due to Shesterkin I do find it funny that beating the "Rangers are lucky" drum the most are fans of a team that's as high in the standings as they are because of their league high 9 (!!!) loser points.

Reactions: rangersfansince08

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Are you confused about the situation? You must be. Arizona doesn’t have to trade Chychrun. If they can’t get a real return, they can keep him. And they they have Chychrun. Who is obviously more valuable than any of Othmann, Schneider, or Clarke. Are you really clueless enough to think any of those players has more trade value in real life? You can’t be.
I am aware of the situation and will wait and see. You should do that as well. Now you just act like you are a part of Arizona’s management throughout this thread. What you like and who you dont like but its not going to be like that. Who is clueless?

Reactions: rangersfansince08

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Tanking next year. Player has already put in five seasons with AZ and is peaking in value. Simple as that. Similar story with Crouse. Not likely to be more valuable than he is this TDL, especially in the context of the rebuild.

Keller is cost controlled through his prime and has really improved under Tourigny, so there's no trade talk with him.

Bill Armstrong built basically a heaven of sorts for scouts in AZ. The plan is to give them an absurd amount of ammo over two or three drafts to do things right.

If it's a rebuild then he's 23, why wouldn't he be part of that rebuild?

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
It's such a hard trade to speculate on the return because there is probably a wide range of opinion on the value of Chychrun. Is he a future #1 defenseman? If so a 23 year old #1 D has a lot of value.

Reactions: Frolov 6'3

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If it's a rebuild then he's 23, why wouldn't he be part of that rebuild?

1. His value is unlikely to climb on a team that is purposefully being bad
2. He is underpaid and very likely to test the open market.
3. Him being underpaid now increases his value to contenders, but not AZ
4. He hasn't demanded a trade but likely would become increasingly vocal next year if they're bad again (which is the plan)

So instead of trading him in 23-24, the plan is to trade him now to help supercharge the rebuild.

Reactions: Viqsi

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
The Tinordi that was just waived?

Would Kravtsov+Lundkvist+1st be acceptable to both teams?
I think this is the trade. It’s the most fair one. Schneider isn’t going anywhere. He just proved himself to be an NHLer at a young stage in his career.

and I think that would be a very good trade for ARZ. If those prospects hit their ceiling they are very very good NHLers

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I think the Canucks have an offer in, but Arizona is waiting to see if they will budge on Tucker Poolman.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
1. His value is unlikely to climb on a team that is purposefully being bad
2. He is underpaid and very likely to test the open market.
3. Him being underpaid now increases his value to contenders, but not AZ
4. He hasn't demanded a trade but likely would become increasingly vocal next year if they're bad again (which is the plan)

So instead of trading him in 23-24, the plan is to trade him now to help supercharge the rebuild.

Ok, that makes sense, thanks.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ

It is only your opinion and not a gospel:
"Schneider is not a clearly superior prospect to Krebs.
They’re roughly equivalent.
Both are much better prospects than Turcotte".
In my opinion Turcotte>Schneider>Krebs

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
While I agree that the Rangers won't give TB a run for their money and that their record is flattering due to Shesterkin I do find it funny that beating the "Rangers are lucky" drum the most are fans of a team that's as high in the standings as they are because of their league high 9 (!!!) loser points.
The Caps have certainly benefitted from loser points. Only 3 teams have fewer losses in regulation though. Luckily for the Caps, there is no 3v3 OT in the playoffs or else they’d be f***ed.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
seems like what marek is insinuating is kravtsov is the best piece with a lesser former 1st rounder hence not moving the needle. If NYR steps up in this scenario, I'd imagine it wouldn't be a prospect better than Kravtsov in addition to kravtsov.

If that's the case I dont get what Yotes are doing rn. Makes no sense to trade him for that low of value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad