Player Discussion Roster Update - Dustin Tokarski (G)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Sweet. This guy is the ducks all-time leader in GAA and SV%.

Very stoked to get him.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I really don't mind this at all. Soogard really struggled last year in his call ups. Nice to have some insurance if he's not developing and they run into issues.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I really don't mind this at all. Soogard really struggled last year in his call ups. Nice to have some insurance if he's not developing and they run into issues.
He is here because of Merrilainen's injury, I don't think the PTO has anything to do with Sogaard

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
There is room to bring in another AHL/fringe NHL goalie, but they aren't in a position where they have to sign one. If everybody looks good at camp, they could go into the season with what they already have. Otherwise, if Tokarski plays well, there would be room for him in the AHL.

Merilainen can still play in the ECHL, which arguably might be better for his development since he can start every night.

That leaves Sogaard and Michael Simpson in the AHL. Michael Simpson is signed to an AHL only deal, and is very much a project. If we sign Tokarski, I suspect Simpson is taken along slower. The deal Simpson signed was a 1-way AHL deal.

NHL: Ullmark+Forsberg
AHL: Sogaard+Tokarski (....) +Simpson
ECHL: Merilainen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad