Sportsnet: Arizona have received an offer matching their asking price for Jakob Chychrun.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Too funny And how would you know?

Because unlike you and the other poster, I actually follow the Rangers. I certainly could be wrong, and if I am, you can come back here and tell me you told me so.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I see a lot of Nils bashing in here because he's in the A right now (where he should have started the season with Schneider) and has not leapt off the page in his first north american season. If the Rangers didn't have Schneider, they wouldn't be looking to trade him, and if they didn't have Fox he'd be the Rangers PP QB of the future, those are the only reasons he's available. We don't have room for all the RDs we have.

Last edited:

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
These offers are hilarious.

You have a guy in Chychrun who is a young top pairing Dman at a very good price and also locked up for another 3 years.

Fans of other teams need to accept that in order to get Chychrun your team is going to have to give up a top asset. All of these ex-1st round picks that havent panned out isnt going to get it done.

Personally I think Lundell is the key target. I would like to see the Yotes receive a dynamic young forward in a return. The price is going to be tough to swallow.... as it should be. Chychrun is a stud.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016

You have a guy in Chychrun who is a young top pairing Dman at a very good price and also locked up for another 3 years.

Fans of other teams need to accept that in order to get Chychrun your team is going to have to give up a top asset. All of these ex-1st round picks that havent panned out isnt going to get it done.

Personally I think Lundell is the key target. I would like to see the Yotes receive a dynamic young forward in a return. The price is going to be tough to swallow.... as it should be. Chychrun is a stud.

I'm as bullish on Chychrun as anyone, but I would not trade Lundell for him.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC

Im sure Lundell is the key target/ opening ask. But when that asks easily gets denied whats next.

If Flordia (as a cup contender) gives up a cost controlled potential stud id be amazed.

Reactions: TheBloodyNine

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
So Chychrun didn't pot 18 goals in 56 games last year? You gotta be pretty mediocre as a D man to do that??

Risto put up 45 points a couple times. Someone's gotta score on a bad team, might as well be the guy getting extremely soft offensive minutes.

I'm not saying he's bad but he's not the slam dunk #1D everyone keeps pretending he is.

Reactions: Avaholic29

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
Im sure Lundell is the key target/ opening ask. But when that asks easily gets denied whats next.

If Flordia (as a cup contender) gives up a cost controlled potential stud id be amazed.
Then FLA is most likely not going to be able to pry him out of AZ. Not having a '22 1st rounder really hurts their chances especially if they are not going to give up Lundell.

Reactions: Nowotny

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

why would fla deal Lundell? Center is arguably the hardest position to trade for. That’s why most teams take them higher in the draft as a gamble. Like Ari did with Hayton.
Chycrun while very good is a primarily PMD offensive type LD.
As far as acquiring LD, history has shown RD is the harder position.
There seem to be less Right handed shot defensemen that fit that mold.
Chycrun had a great season last year. This year he borderline sticks. Yes he’s playing for a terrible team, so the -31 isn’t a huge thing, but his stats across the board are down.
Is his play going fwd going to be more like this season, or last??
Tbh, it’s prob somewhere in the middle.
It also depends on the opportunities/minutes his new team would deploy him.
He wouldn’t sniff running the rangers 1st PP. so I don’t expect to see a very high goal total.
He’s not the best on the PK.
He’ll certainly get a spot in most teams top 4 and earn a lot of 5v5 ice time with a better partner.
But some of the expectations of what he would do on his new presumed teams in this thread are completely bonkers.
As a NYR fan would I like to add him? Yes. but It’s def not my 1st priority.
1. chycrun-Fox would be a bad pair. Neither are very big nor overly physical. Fox will block Chycrun from almost every PP second, just like he’ll do if NYR keeps Lundkvist in the future.
2. I believe the 2nd pair would be Chycrun-Trouba.
chycrun is certainly more polished and a better puck mover then Miller currently. So that would def be and upgrade and it would likely help us a lot 5v5.
Having lindgren-Fox / Chycrun-Trouba play more then half the game followed up by a 3rd pair of Miller-Schneider (ex Nemeth) playing a solid 12-14 min a night certainly makes us better/harder to play against. So there absolutely is grounds in reality for NYR to acquire him.
But if they do, it likely won’t be for anyone on the current roster...

I stand by the likely trade, if he becomes a ranger would be. 1 of Jones/Lundkvist+ kravtsov( solid gamble for a team like ARi who can give him ice time straight away)+ late/conditional 1st type deal.
I can also see ARI taking Nemeth back for 2 more years to help the rangers salary cap for next season.

Last edited:

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
New 32 Thoughts just dropped:

Yotes have 1 offer that meets criteria

Not in “best offer” stage - Teams trying to “technically” meet criteria (not their top pieces yet)

AZ isn’t close to pulling trigger. Auction will continue until prices go up. A lot of teams interested- ANA, STL, NYI, STL, CBJ, FLA (front-runner), NYR, BOS, LAK

AZ doesn’t want to wait - they want offers anted up now. Ready for best offer stage.

Don't believe McTavish will move.

Don’t believe Lundell will move (but sound like a maybe a small outside shot).

Last edited:

Headcrush19

Jul 2, 2021

Not in “best offer” stage - Teams trying to “technically” meet criteria (not their top pieces yet)

AZ isn’t close to pulling trigger. Auction will continue until prices go up. A lot of teams interested- ANA, STL, NYI, STL, CBJ, FLA (front-runner), NYR, BOS, LAK

AZ doesn’t want to wait - they want offers anted up now. Ready for best offer stage.

Don’t believe Lundell will move (but sound likely a maybe a small outside shot).
So not close but getting there

Reactions: rt

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Leafs don't have much on the right; not sure trading Lily is smart given Lily is also on ELC.

I'd swap Dermott for Lily there and perhaps someone else to make the 4.6 AAV work within the Leafs cap structure
Seeing as Ritchie, Lilj and a 1st isn't enough - Making it Ritchie, Dermott and a late first with maybe someone else to make cap work really is not even in the ballpark.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I was thinking a little bigger
Niemela+Amirov+1st+Mikheyev+Ritche for Crouse+Chychrun

I know its prob too much from the Leafs but its kinda fun to see the haters look foolish what they say thats not enough
speaking of looking foolish....

Both ritchie and Mikheyev are there for the Leafs and cap purposes. Yotes in a clear rebuild are not interested in a player that just cleared waivers and an upcoming UFA. So those pieces don't count as "value". If you disagree I would suggest trading those pieces in separate deals and adding the assets to the return for Chychrun. So that makes it Niemela, Amirov and a late 1st, which would get you in the discussion for Chychrun. What of value are you adding to get Crouse?

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

Don’t believe Lundell will move (but sound like a maybe a small outside shot).

Imo, there's no shot. Zito's probably offered what's been posted here, based on what Marek said the ask is, as has other teams, but Armstrong is trying to get more. As he should, but I think you're going to be disappointed if you're hoping for anything close to Lundell as the return.

It will be, but it ain't gonna be Lundell hard to swallow. He's not worth him, the Panthers need a more defensive minded defenseman, that may be Chychrun, but everyone loves Lundell and the kid has been phenomenal. Nothing you stated above pushes Florida into moving the kid.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Imo, there's no shot. Zito's probably offered what's been posted here, based on what Marek said the ask is, as has other teams, but Armstrong is trying to get more. As he should, but I think you're going to be disappointed if you're hoping for anything close to Lundell as the return.

It will be, but it ain't gonna be Lundell hard to swallow. He's not worth him, the Panthers need a more defensive minded defenseman, that may be Chychrun, but everyone loves Lundell and the kid has been phenomenal. Nothing you stated above pushes Florida into moving the kid.
I don’t expect Florida to trade Lundell.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I don’t expect Florida to trade Lundell.

Hope to give Arizona a package that helps the team move forward while also keeping us competitive, should we land Chyc, wanna see them succeed for sure. Just has to make sense, for both teams. I'd love to see a fair trade that makes both teams a "winner."

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Nah, they wont move Ceulemans in the deal
Why not? I mean, yeah, that'd be troublesome, but Chychrun does everything we'd need in another blueliner and is a year younger than Werenski so age isn't a concern. We can draft more RD easily enough - we've got the picks, even after trading one.

If Ceulemans + Foudy + later of the two 1sts is enough for Chychrun, I'd be perfectly wiling to go for that. I'm not in a hurry to lose any of those guys, but IMO Chychrun could be worth it. I'd really love to add a good defensive RD instead, but those aren't available at the moment. He's not a strong need per se, but a Werenski/Chychrun/Gavrikov LD is a competitive ace in the hole, and that's something we could certainly use.

Frankly, I think the Jackets could easily pick this up. It's just a question of whether or not Kekalainen opts to build the team that way.

* * *​
Arizona fans arent getting what they think they are in trade, and the whole its our way or no way has already been proven wrong through NHL history. Even the biggest trades in Eichel and Jones didnt return as much as Arizona fans expect, even though both players are better.
...we actually kind of just undercut this argument with what we said we were going to be getting back for Seth Jones. Folks were insisting we had no chance at getting both Boqvist and the 1st, let alone adding this year's 1st as well. And yet...

I mean, admittedly, Arizona doesn't have a Jarmo Kekalainen running things, but still. Let's not turn around and start perpetuating the bullshit that we found so annoying a few short months ago.

* * *​
Hyping up yet another just pretty good player to trade away is their Stanley Cup all the way back from the Yandle days. Their 3 fans are elite hype men for mediocre players, they got a lot of experience doing it by now. Once Chychrun is gone we'll be hearing about Lyubushkin being a Norris darkhorse.
They'd probably look better to the common fan if 1) they ever got traded during their primes as opposed to on the tail end of them and 2) Arizona was ever actually capable of having more than one truly good defenseman at a time.

"He was mediocre all along" isn't exactly a rational conclusion when your finally-out-on-other-teams data generally comes on the wrong side of 30.

Reactions: majormajor

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
something around 2 of Bean/Foudy/Bemstrom/Texier/Marchenko plus the 1st.

Arizona fans arent getting what they think they are in trade, and the whole its our way or no way has already been proven wrong through NHL history. Even the biggest trades in Eichel and Jones didnt return as much as Arizona fans expect, even though both players are better.
Not really comparable either. Eichel is signed for 5 years at $10million and a neck injury that has been very controversial and carries long term risk. Jones was entering the last year of his deal and needed a $9.5 extension. Chychrun is 23 and signed for 3 more seasons at $4.6. Doesn't feel like you're comparing apples to apples.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Hope to give Arizona a package that helps the team move forward while also keeping us competitive, should we land Chyc, wanna see them succeed for sure. Just has to make sense, for both teams. I'd love to see a fair trade that makes both teams a "winner."
Florida being “in-it” is terrifying for me. I don’t want any conceivable package from the Panthers at all.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Why not? I mean, yeah, that'd be troublesome, but Chychrun does everything we'd need in another blueliner and is a year younger than Werenski so age isn't a concern. We can draft more RD easily enough - we've got the picks, even after trading one.

If Ceulemans + Foudy + later of the two 1sts is enough for Chychrun, I'd be perfectly wiling to go for that. I'm not in a hurry to lose any of those guys, but IMO Chychrun could be worth it. I'd really love to add a good defensive RD instead, but those aren't available at the moment. He's not a strong need per se, but a Werenski/Chychrun/Gavrikov LD is a competitive ace in the hole, and that's something we could certainly use.

Frankly, I think the Jackets could easily pick this up. It's just a question of whether or not Kekalainen opts to build the team that way.

* * *​

...we actually kind of just undercut this argument with what we said we were going to be getting back for Seth Jones. Folks were insisting we had no chance at getting both Boqvist and the 1st, let alone adding this year's 1st as well. And yet...

I mean, admittedly, Arizona doesn't have a Jarmo Kekalainen running things, but still. Let's not turn around and start perpetuating the bullshit that we found so annoying a few short months ago.

* * *​

They'd probably look better to the common fan if 1) they ever got traded during their primes as opposed to on the tail end of them and 2) Arizona was ever actually capable of having more than one truly good defenseman at a time.

"He was mediocre all along" isn't exactly a rational conclusion when your finally-out-on-other-teams data generally comes on the wrong side of 30.
Ceulemans+Foudy+Later of the 1sts is my favorite of all the reasonable offers.

Reactions: Heldig
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad