Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season V - Chicago White Sox lose 120th game to tie post-1900 record by the 1962 expansion New York Mets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Man, John Fisher is a POS

The A's organization and the MLB are ordering the players and staff to get off the field as soon as their final game ends and going to line up uniformed security like it's a WS game to prevent fans from taking the field. Mark Kotsay was planning on doing a lap around the stadium and saluting the fans as a farewell, but management gave him strict orders not to do so.

And to try to prevent rowdiness at the end of the game, they're planning on having a giveaway of 25,000 replica stadium models at the final game - except instead of giving them out at the gate at the start of the game like a normal giveaway, they get a voucher to claim them from the gates as they leave - which is effectively bribing them to leave early and lessen the negative crowd response at the end of the game

I never liked the As or that stadium, but I do feel bad for how that fanbase was treated by a series of shitbag owners, particularly Fisher who has been shamelessly grifting. In some sense I'm glad that, like with the Arizona Coyotes, that at least the saga is over and they don't have that sword hanging over them that's been there every year for twenty years. But there's even uncertainty left with their pitstop in Sacramento and how they're going to get that Vegas stadium funded. But at least Oakland fans are free from it, as much as it sucks that they're losing their team.

• Wow
Reactions: Mione134

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
SAN DIEGO -- The Chicago White Sox tied the post-1900 MLB record of 120 losses by the 1962 expansion New York Mets on Sunday when the San Diego Padres won 4-2 by rallying for three runs in the eighth inning, capped by Fernando Tatis Jr.'s towering home run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad