Sportsnet: Arizona have received an offer matching their asking price for Jakob Chychrun.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
No it won’t.. and you wouldn’t get both…
Bjornfot
Kupari
Anderson-Dolan
2022 1st

Is a package most teams wouldn’t match and you can try your hand at recreating something similar from other teams to just how accurate this is.. how’s going to offer more FLA? NYR? ANA? STL?
You’re not getting Schneider, Lundell, Kyrou or whatever wild dream you think you’d get from Anaheim! Now build out a deal knowing that and see what you get
LOL - crap offer. No Clarke, no deal.

Reactions: Nowotny and Sm00chy

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Trading Chychrun seems so backwards to me. What's the end goal here? If you will just keep trading every 23 year old you have then when does the rebuild stop. You hope any of these picks or prospects became nearly as good as Chychrun.

Premier D don't start dropping off until their mid 30s so realistically he has a good decade left him.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I am surprised that players like Tippett and Denisenko have the value needed to land a player Chychrun. Tippett is about to turn 23 is in his D+5 year and is producing like a 3rd line winger. I get there is still room for improvement, but Chychrun is less than a year older and has been a producing top 4 dman in the nhl for 6 years. Denisenko hasn’t followed the development you would want to see for a player drafted in the top half of the first round. If I’m the yotes, I might accept one of those 2 as part of a package but I would want a higher end asset than either of those 2 for sure. Add in that the 1st will be a late pick in 2023, that trade package is extremely underwhelming to me.
This guy gets it.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
It doesn't make sense for *you*, and I see where you are coming from regarding goalies and their value. But I can also see the team being interested in one of the best goalie prospects on the planet, a position they don't really have much going on at the moment.

I saw your earlier post about acceptable packages from NYR, LA and CBJ. I don't think LA or CBJ wants to give up the D prospects you are high on, but Schneider could be moved. I see him as the 'least needed' for their current team. Maybe switch Othmann for Kravtsov and you have a deal. :dunno:
If you swap Othmann for Kravtsov, you have to add Jones.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
To Phoenix: Alex Turcotte, Lias Andersson 2023 1st, and conditional 1st if Chychrun resigns.

to LA : Chychrun

logic LA gets to keep some of their current depth and Phoenix gets layers of talent and picks to facilitate a cheap and skilleed team if they can draft well.
Seeing how the Kings FO views Turcotte as a key building block and future letter wearer..
The key to all of this is the fact that the Kings aren’t contenders now and don’t really have an urgency to make this trade add in the fact that we’ll have lots of cap space and the ability to sign one of the few impactful UFA like Hampus Lindholm and you can see why the team is in a great situation..
With that said, guys like Bjornfot, Kupari, Anderson-Dolan, Spence, Moore(3 of these) and whatever that 2022 1 st rounde becomes.. is the type of deal that helps buildout your teams depth..
Bjornfot - is a top 4 in the making
Kupari - just look at Kempe’s development
Anderson-Dolan - 3C
Spence - is really unique as he has been outstanding in the AHL.. think Durzi
Moore - glue guy who could wear a letter and is a damn good 3rd liner.. just look at his numbers on a offensively deficient Kings team

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Seeing how the Kings FO views Turcotte as a key building block and future letter wearer..
The key to all of this is the fact that the Kings aren’t contenders now and don’t really have an urgency to make this trade add in the fact that we’ll have lots of cap space and the ability to sign one of the few impactful UFA like Hampus Lindholm and you can see why the team is in a great situation..
With that said, guys like Bjornfot, Kupari, Anderson-Dolan, Spence, Moore(3 of these) and whatever that 2022 1 st rounde becomes.. is the type of deal that helps buildout your teams depth..
Bjornfot - is a top 4 in the making
Kupari - just look at Kempe’s development
Anderson-Dolan - 3C
Spence - is really unique as he has been outstanding in the AHL.. think Durzi
Moore - glue guy who could wear a letter and is a damn good 3rd liner.. just look at his numbers on a offensively deficient Kings team
Cool. We’ll send Shayne Gostisbehere right over.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Assuming Arizona uses their final retention slot on Kessel at this year's deadline, I'd wait until the summer and then deal Chychrun with 50% retention...

Just about every team in the league could fit that 2.3 million cap hit into their payroll, so it would really open up the number of teams interested, and create quite the bidding war...

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Kravstov, Laff and 1 first for Chych and Crouse.

Rangers loose a good amount of forward talent and youth, but get back Chych and Crouse who is a legit PWF.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
How can someone with a career high of 39 points be a proven 60-70 point player?

Guenther probably should have gone higher in the draft than 9th

his last 3 seasons are
39-69
39--49
27-37

That projects out to around 60 points in his last 2 seasons. He also isnt getting PP1 time here and was on a terrible Coyotes team. Garland is probably our second best forward this year as well. He is definitely a impactful player/play driver

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I don't see Florida moving Lundell, nor should they have to...

Knight, Sourdif, and a 2023 1st for Chychrun is a very competitive offer

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I don't see Florida moving Lundell, nor should they have to...

Knight, Sourdif, and a 2023 1st for Chychrun is a very competitive offer
Would FLA move Knight?
How’s Juolevi been playing?
Tippett+Juolevi+’23 1st hits all the requirements

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Arizona may benefit by punting to the draft. Columbus will have clarity on where their picks are situated. Ditto rebuilding teams that may look to be aggressive to take a step forward (Detroit and New Jersey stand out).

No fanbase, the best proxy for organizational opinion we have access to, wants to give up a recently drafted Top 10-ish pick. The emotional attachment is too strong, I suppose. A Top 10 pick is more of an unknown. Going back 10 years, we’ve seen those picks used as trade capital (OEL/Garland, Stepan, Schneider, Staal).

Reactions: BKarchitect and hbk

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Some team is going to pay a lot for him...it's going to be interesting watching that fanbase first get over the shock and then completely back peddle from their opinions of Chychrun being overrated as they attempt to explain that the package they gave up really wasn't all that much and the as they get excited actually watching this 23-year old specimen develop on their blueline.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I don't get the logic of wanting to get rid of Chychrun, Arizona is a rebuilding team and he is of that age that he perfectly fits that rebuild. It's one thing if a team gives them a deal they can't refuse, but trading 1 good player for 2 lesser players and what most likely would be a late first really doesn't help, especially when you just stock piled a bunch of draft picks

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I don't get the logic of wanting to get rid of Chychrun, Arizona is a rebuilding team and he is of that age that he perfectly fits that rebuild. It's one thing if a team gives them a deal they can't refuse, but trading 1 good player for 2 lesser players and what most likely would be a late first really doesn't help, especially when you just stock piled a bunch of draft picks
Arizona has been a rebuilding team every year since they entered the league

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
If you swap Othmann for Kravtsov, you have to add Jones.
Again, the team might see things differently and be very interested in a prospect like Knight, but I think there's a deal that could be made around Schneider that would please both you and the Rangers organisation. Don't think that would happen with LA or CBJ, as I feel Clarke and Ceulemans are too important for their respective teams (don't really understand why CBJ would be even interested in Chychrun as the timeline is a little off, but certainly they can't give up a top RD prospect).

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Vatrano(Dump), Lundell, 23 1st
Chychrun, Larsson/Boyd

So Florida has to add a 1st to Lundell to get Chychrun? Vatrano is also useful as he can play C/W and 1-4th lines. I rather have Vatrano than Larsson/Boyd, but thats just me. This is just beyond stupid. If Florida is stupid enough to move Lundell for Chychrun, Arizona should retain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad