Sportsnet: Arizona have received an offer matching their asking price for Jakob Chychrun.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Knight, Denisenko/Tippett and a 1st for Chychrun seems reasonable to me on paper. I can see why Florida would be hesitant to move Knight, but do you really need him when you have Bobrovsky signed for as long as he's signed for? His contract basically guarantees he'll be Florida's starter, for better or worse.

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Anyways, I totally get why a package of Tippett/Denisenko would not be appealing. Both have star power and are only 1-2 seasons away from making it big, but making it big could be a boring 20G/40P career, not living up to that full potential. Anyone who sees Lundell already knows he’s made it, and doesn’t really need the points to “live up” to his potential, given how he plays every element of the game at a top level.
But the idea that we are even talking Lundell is absolutely bonkers. The Panthers still have to afford Huberdeau next year. Then, Weegar and Ekblad will need their money, too. Lundell, Tippett, and Denisenko are very valuable to the Panthers as they have top-6 capability for bottom-6 prices (and Knight in net too). The Panthers are posturing for cap hell, mostly due to Bob’s dumb contract. Acquiring Chychrun brings affordability at D, but even the extra few years of age make it more complicating. If I’m Florida, I probably look to get a defender to fill #4D who is a little less of a cost in the future, unless I can get Chych with less impact to talent-cost bridges (I’m surprised that Samoskevich’s name hasn’t come up more here).

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Hi, I’d like to propose an understanding. I think the major issue is that Knight is the proper value for the top prospect (a top 10-20 prospect in the world that hasn’t made the transition yet). The issue is that a goalie prospect is not desired given Veggie. The base value of top 20 prospect plus top 50-75 prospect (Deni)+First is probably fair based on the desire of the GM for three first rounders.
In the ideal world, Florida/Arizona could transform Knight into an equivalent prospect that’s a D or forward (Broberg, Byfield) to make it
work
I have a hard time pretending Knight is that. But sure. If you could make him a meaningful D or C prospect, that would change everything.

From the Rangers, I’d want Schneider, Othmann and a 1st. From LA, I’d want Clarke, Kupari, and a 1st. From Columbus, I’d want Ceulemans, Foudy and a conditional 1st (the later of their two). That’s about the ballpark for value I’d be looking for. Florida doesn’t have that.

Reactions: Nowotny

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Anyways, I totally get why a package of Tippett/Denisenko would not be appealing. Both have star power and are only 1-2 seasons away from making it big, but making it big could be a boring 20G/40P career, not living up to that full potential. Anyone who sees Lundell already knows he’s made it, and doesn’t really need the points to “live up” to his potential, given how he plays every element of the game at a top level.
But the idea that we are even talking Lundell is absolutely bonkers. The Panthers still have to afford Huberdeau next year. Then, Weegar and Ekblad will need their money, too. Lundell, Tippett, and Denisenko are very valuable to the Panthers as they have top-6 capability for bottom-6 prices (and Knight in net too). The Panthers are posturing for cap hell, mostly due to Bob’s dumb contract. Acquiring Chychrun brings affordability at D, but even the extra few years of age make it more complicating. If I’m Florida, I probably look to get a defender to fill #4D who is a little less of a cost in the future, unless I can get Chych with less impact to talent-cost bridges (I’m surprised that Samoskevich’s name hasn’t come up more here).
I prefer Samoskevich to either Tippett or Denisenko. But I’m not interested in him as a centerpiece, either.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Knight, Denisenko/Tippett and a 1st for Chychrun seems reasonable to me on paper. I can see why Florida would be hesitant to move Knight, but do you really need him when you have Bobrovsky signed for as long as he's signed for? His contract basically guarantees he'll be Florida's starter, for better or worse.
Bob’s contract is 1-2 years away from being movable. His contract is also 1-2 years away from needing to be moved. That’s basically Huberdeau’s money, imo

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Any GM worth much of anything will know that AZ is shopping Chychrun to extract as much as he can.

There is no, I met your price, now let's lock this in.

Thats for Sim leagues.

A good GM will negotiate to the point of comfort and let the chips fall where they may. If granted the opportunity to "up the ante" they either will or won't.

I have no issues with AZ looking to hit a grand slam here.

What if, say, Florida has a momentary lapse of sanity and offers Lundell initially? While Arizona is working other teams to beat that (as you say), Florida might re-consider (and come to their senses) and either change their offer or rescind their offer.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
I prefer Samoskevich to either Tippett or Denisenko. But I’m not interested in him as a centerpiece, either.
I get where you’re coming from. I think the reality is that Florida and Arizona aren’t good trade partners here, and if a trade does come through, a win-win isn’t likely.

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
Honestly, Ryan Strome shouldn't be the butt of jokes, he's a good player even when Panarin is out. An incredibly frustrating player but a good player nonetheless.
He is not "butt of jokes" but he is 29 y/o soon to be UFA and as such has no value for Coyotes.Plus one Strome was enough

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Florida simply can't afford to trade Lundell, but everything else should be on the table.

I understand the hesitancy towards a goalie prospect, but I wonder if anyone would offer a better prospect than Knight.

I mean they can, if they are in a win now mode which they are.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I get where you’re coming from. I think the reality is that Florida and Arizona aren’t good trade partners here, and if a trade does come through, a win-win isn’t likely.

Why, because you don't want to give up the needed assets for the player in question?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I have a hard time pretending Knight is that. But sure. If you could make him a meaningful D or C prospect, that would change everything.

From the Rangers, I’d want Schneider, Othmann and a 1st. From LA, I’d want Clarke, Kupari, and a 1st. From Columbus, I’d want Ceulemans, Foudy and a conditional 1st (the later of their two). That’s about the ballpark for value I’d be looking for. Florida doesn’t have that.
Subjective value of prospects I guess lol. Maybe I’m too caught up on TSN’s rankings which had Knight 4th and Lundell 6th at the start of the season—it’s the only ranking that includes goalies and skaters to the best of my knowledge.

To me it’s insane to say Schneider or Othman are more valuable than Knight but alas we aren’t the GMs

it’s easy for me: if you get Lundell, I become a Yotes fan (after eleven years as a Panthers fan and even more as a Thrashers); if Florida gets JC for
My guess ;)

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Crouse have to come with Chychrun at this price, Vaak showing great things in a good team, 20 minutes avge of play and he s good

I was just following the asking price hah.
I’m really loving Vaaks game at the moment, not sure I’d even want to trade him.

but the Bruins need DeBrusk gone, he’s asked for a trade, sure he’s playing better but the man still wants out

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I wonder if the key is retention. If Florida ownership is impatient for contention and they believe the hometown stallion Chychrun gets them there, I wonder if Zito is willing to cave on Lundell, if he gets Chychrun for 2.3aav the next three years. Allows him to load up further and take a proper run at the thing, for real.

I doubt it. But the insiders keep saying AZ is insisting on Lundell but Florida is still the front-runner. How can both of those be true?

The frustrating thing is that Panthers and Yotes fans wouldn’t be arguing about this if it weren’t for the rumor mongers. Yotes fans would just be saying Lundell isn’t possible and there’s no deal otherwise and it would make sense and we’d all move on happily. Haha. :)

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Subjective value of prospects I guess lol. Maybe I’m too caught up on TSN’s rankings which had Knight 4th and Lundell 6th at the start of the season—it’s the only ranking that includes goalies and skaters to the best of my knowledge.

To me it’s insane to say Schneider or Othman are more valuable than Knight but alas we aren’t the GMs

it’s easy for me: if you get Lundell, I become a Yotes fan (after eleven years as a Panthers fan and even more as a Thrashers); if Florida gets JC for
My guess ;)
I’d rather have Schneider than Knight, Tippett, and your 2nd.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I’d rather have Schneider than Knight, Tippett, and your 2nd.
To each their own I guess; that’s a super bizarre preference to me: Knight is money.

Anyways here to hoping that Insont have to become a Yotes fan—I’m tired of attendance of jokes as an ATL and FLA fan ;)

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
To each their own I guess; that’s a super bizarre preference to me: Knight is money.

Anyways here to hoping that Insont have to become a Yotes fan—I’m tired of attendance of jokes as an ATL and FLA fan ;)
I would never sacrifice a very valuable asset for a goalie. I’d never give one a huge % of the cap, either. They’re wildly unpredictable at all stages of their careers and acceptable alternatives are usually available fairly cheaply during each off-season.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Soon...

GettyImages-1357363828-1024x693.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad