Sportsnet: Arizona have received an offer matching their asking price for Jakob Chychrun.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I understand it being unappealing from your personal perspective but are you actually telling me that FLA giving Deni AND Tippett AND Knight AND a first AND a second wouldn't make the Yotes GM :eek::eek::eek::eek: in their pants? That's a f***ing massive overpay however you choose to look at it objectively.

man, I like @rt a lot and think he’s a sensible poster, but he’s off in that take big time. Chychrun is great, but that deal supplies 3 former first round picks, another firsT, and a 2nd.
The price was supposed to be two former first rounders and a first round pick from what I’ve seen. All 3 of those guys are NHL ready. Hell, throw in Heponiemi instead of the 2nd, and you’ve got a whole line that’ll add to that team in possible big way. AND a potential franchise goalie.

Lundell has played terrifically so far, he’s cost controlled, and has a very bright future. I’ll guarantee he’s not going anywhere.

Reactions: Mase

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Knight, Denisenko, Tippett, 1st and 2nd is totally unappealing? Are we in a McDavid trade thread? I love Chychrun but that's almost psychotic.
Goalie prospects are all unappealing, yes. If you’ve followed NHL prospects closely enough for long enough, that becomes clear. Goaltending is available every off-season for much less than 1st round equivalence and it’s usually a much sure bet. I would not go trading 1st round picks for goalies. Knight is as good a goalie prospect as you’re going to find. That’s still not appealing to me. Would I trade Arizona’s 2nd for him? Sure. Would I trade the Colorado or Carolina 1st for him? Ehhhh…not sure. Probably. But honestly only because we have so many picks between 25-45 as it is.

We all know that Tippett’s development has been disappointing, thus far. We all know how rarely that turns all the way around. It’s the same reason I have very little hope for Barrett Hayton. I wouldn’t trade Arizona’s 2nd for Tippett. Not any of our 2nds. Our 3rd? Sure.

Denisenko is a nice piece. After Arizona makes 3-4 1st round selections this year, where do you think Denisenko will end up ranking on their top prospect list? Honestly?

That 1st is a 16 year old that’s 18 months away from being drafted in the mid to late 20s. Again, nobody is drooling over that.

I’ve just been around too long to be blown away by the 2nd and 3rd tiers of young assets in a top heavy prospect pool. I remember being excited about these types 15-20 years ago. I know better now.

Reactions: Nowotny

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I have a feeling the Yotes are going to get a boatload for him, even if he's had a tough year on a struggling team.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I understand it being unappealing from your personal perspective but are you actually telling me that FLA giving Deni AND Tippett AND Knight AND a first AND a second wouldn't make the Yotes GM :eek::eek::eek::eek: in their pants? That's a f***ing massive overpay however you choose to look at it objectively.
Nobody is having any movement in their pants over a package like that. A couple of long shot wingers, a goalie, and a couple of future picks outside the top 25. Big whoop. The success rate on all of that is not exciting in the least.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
man, I like @rt a lot and think he’s a sensible poster, but he’s off in that take big time. Chychrun is great, but that deal supplies 3 former first round picks, another firsT, and a 2nd.
The price was supposed to be two former first rounders and a first round pick from what I’ve seen. All 3 of those guys are NHL ready. Hell, throw in Heponiemi instead of the 2nd, and you’ve got a whole line that’ll add to that team in possible big way. AND a potential franchise goalie.

Lundell has played terrifically so far, he’s cost controlled, and has a very bright future. I’ll guarantee he’s not going anywhere.
If I could choose

A) Chychrun at 50% for just Lundell alone

or

B) Chychrun for Knight, Tippett, Denisenko, a 1st and a 2nd

I’m choosing A every single time and it’s not even close. And you know you agree with me.

And it’s because you have the exact same insecurities about every single asset in package B that I do, but you don’t like to acknowledge it. :)

Reactions: Dead Coyote

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Ryan Strome, Julien Gauthier and a 1st amirite

Rangers probably offered:
1st 2021
Conditional 2nd
Vasili Kravtsov
Ryan Strome (probably gets flipped to another team via Arizona and I see it being a team willing to take 50%)

Strome, Othmann/Schneider, 1st

Strome would not be included in any offer from the Rangers. We are trying to win. We don't need to clear cap space for this season.

upload_2022-1-23_10-58-12.png

If anything, Nemeth would be included to clear space for next year.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
If I could choose

A) Chychrun at 50% for just Lundell alone

or

B) Chychrun for Knight, Tippett, Denisenko, a 1st and a 2nd

I’m choosing A every single time and it’s not even close. And you know you agree with me.

And it’s because you have the exact same insecurities about every single asset in package B that I do, but you don’t like to acknowledge it. :)

sorry bud; it’s because I don’t see Chyc as being Worth Lundell. Period. The other package gives you a lot of options. From playing to flipping.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
can't wait for him to be traded and see what AZ actually gets. think some folks on here are going to be disapointed

In what way? Cause there are a lot of
  • 2 players taken in the first round
  • a 1st round pick
offers for him that are clearly jokes as the players taken in the 1st no longer have value, and they aren't that far apart from the serious offers some fans are making in this thread.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Most AZ fans here are not saying FLA should trade Lundell or that it would be wise for them to do so. We're saying that if Chychrun's going home to FLA the only way is if Lundell is involved.

The media comments seem to suggest this is a possibility.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
sorry bud; it’s because I don’t see Chyc as being Worth Lundell. Period. The other package gives you a lot of options. From playing to flipping.
It’s not only that. Teams in playoffs like the rangers and panthers want to add for their runs.
They don’t really subtract existing players on their roster. Just to trade to bump another position.

many Chycrun package is likely prospects not in nhl, +1st.
The Yotes can also prob take short term salary for a better package

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
If there's one thing Arizona has, it's quantity and a boatload of picks that they can easily use to acquired former 1st rounders that have not developed well and using the rest to just draft. I have a feeling they'll end up choosing whoever offers up the best single prospect they covet. Chychrun is likely the last high value talent at a very contender friendly cap hit that they will move.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
Goalie prospects are all unappealing, yes. If you’ve followed NHL prospects closely enough for long enough, that becomes clear. Goaltending is available every off-season for much less than 1st round equivalence and it’s usually a much sure bet. I would not go trading 1st round picks for goalies. Knight is as good a goalie prospect as you’re going to find. That’s still not appealing to me. Would I trade Arizona’s 2nd for him? Sure. Would I trade the Colorado or Carolina 1st for him? Ehhhh…not sure. Probably. But honestly only because we have so many picks between 25-45 as it is.

We all know that Tippett’s development has been disappointing, thus far. We all know how rarely that turns all the way around. It’s the same reason I have very little hope for Barrett Hayton. I wouldn’t trade Arizona’s 2nd for Tippett. Not any of our 2nds. Our 3rd? Sure.

Denisenko is a nice piece. After Arizona makes 3-4 1st round selections this year, where do you think Denisenko will end up ranking on their top prospect list? Honestly?

That 1st is a 16 year old that’s 18 months away from being drafted in the mid to late 20s. Again, nobody is drooling over that.

I’ve just been around too long to be blown away by the 2nd and 3rd tiers of young assets in a top heavy prospect pool. I remember being excited about these types 15-20 years ago. I know better now.

Tell that to Colorado.

Reactions: Dread Clawz

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
The other package gives us milquetoast that’s easy lost in the shuffle.
Hi, I’d like to propose an understanding. I think the major issue is that Knight is the proper value for the top prospect (a top 10-20 prospect in the world that hasn’t made the transition yet). The issue is that a goalie prospect is not desired given Veggie. The base value of top 20 prospect plus top 50-75 prospect (Deni)+First is probably fair based on the desire of the GM for three first rounders.
In the ideal world, Florida/Arizona could transform Knight into an equivalent prospect that’s a D or forward (Broberg, Byfield) to make it
work

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Most AZ fans here are not saying FLA should trade Lundell or that it would be wise for them to do so. We're saying that if Chychrun's going home to FLA the only way is if Lundell is involved.

The media comments seem to suggest this is a possibility.
History on Lundell does not suggest this is likely. Not saying it’s not possible, but there’s just way too much evidence out there that Zito runs this show with Barkov’s interests in mind. Also, Lundell is Zito’s guy. He was freaking obsessed with him as a draft.
As much as I can be a Panthers fan telling you there’s “no way” Lundell is involved but I shouldn’t be, it’s not really fair for you as a Yotes fan to say it’s the “only way” if Lundell is involved. Come on, this isn’t a negotiation table, it’s a web forum. We work with what facts we do have.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Any GM worth much of anything will know that AZ is shopping Chychrun to extract as much as he can.

There is no, I met your price, now let's lock this in.

Thats for Sim leagues.

A good GM will negotiate to the point of comfort and let the chips fall where they may. If granted the opportunity to "up the ante" they either will or won't.

I have no issues with AZ looking to hit a grand slam here.

Reactions: hbk

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Florida simply can't afford to trade Lundell, but everything else should be on the table.

I understand the hesitancy towards a goalie prospect, but I wonder if anyone would offer a better prospect than Knight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad