Sportsnet: Arizona have received an offer matching their asking price for Jakob Chychrun.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrobutcher

Sep 20, 2018
Tampere, Finland
I'd say about as often as players like Chychrun.
Maybe if you're just talking about the players and ignore everything else. How often does *a SC champion favorite team trade away an integral part of their current roster vs. how often does a rebuilding team trade a player with very high value would be a more logical approach.

*a favorite, not the favorite.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'd say about as often as players like Chychrun.

Eichel got traded, Jones got traded just to name a few this year.

But I don’t see elite prospects contributing on teams wins getting traded.
You just simply don’t trade them

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Eichel got traded, Jones got traded just to name a few this year.

But I don’t see elite prospects contributing on teams wins getting traded.
You just simply don’t trade them
I agree. Yet the two teams still seem to be talking. If I’m Florida, there’s no way I move Lundell in this deal. If I’m Arizona, there’s no way I move Chychrun in a deal to Florida without Lundell. So why are they talking?

Reactions: Dead Coyote

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
If Ken Holland wasn't afraid to make a move I would say that it makes sense for it to be Edmonton. Also if he thought Keith should be bumped to 3rd pair but I don't know about that either.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
It seems far fetched that Lundell was offered. Florida has a chance at 2 1Cs in Barkov and Lundell. They already have Ekblad and Weeger.

Also, if Lundell was offered, it’s hard to imagine Arizona not accepting already.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
A 20 year old stud center on his ELC is perhaps THE prime asset in the NHL right now. Chych is a very nice piece on a nice contract, but he's not pulling Lundell in return.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
It is a YOUNG roster player. Replace Strome with Lafrenier/Miller/Schneider and that is in line with the reported offer.
Ignoring whatever package was offered from the post you're quoting.
In what way are those 3 comparable in value? I get it Laf hasn't impressed, but there's still a difference here between those values.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
A 20 year old stud center on his ELC is perhaps THE prime asset in the NHL right now. Chych is a very nice piece on a nice contract, but he's not pulling Lundell in return.

This. Centers are the most valuable assets in todays NHL. Add in the elc for 2 more years of 2-3C, with 1C upside on a cheap contract. Cost-controlled for several more years. You dont move theese players for anything but overpayment. Newhook, Zegras, Lundell are pretty much guys you dont trade.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
If Ken Holland wasn't afraid to make a move I would say that it makes sense for it to be Edmonton. Also if he thought Keith should be bumped to 3rd pair but I don't know about that either.
Edmonton needs a goalie first and foremost and that should be their focus as they approach the deadline (And the next three offseasons for that matter).

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Chych isn't a top pairing D. He had 19 goals last year but didn't get the tough assignments on D. He is getting tough assignments this year and getting smoked on D. Last year Goligoski was his D partner and covered for him on D more, but they were the 3/4 D combo, didn't get the toughest assignments. This year Chych has been playing 1D with Busch, he now sees what OEL went through having a crappy D partner, but OEL was much better on D. Chych is a young 3d on a great contract with top pairing potential, if and only if he gets better on D. Also keep in mind he is often injured and has had major knee surgery on both knees, he is an injury risk.

I have been saying the Coyotes will get a first round pick, young prospect/player with potential and parts. BA won't get a return as high as many folks think he will get in this thread.
Great resume of Chychrun, he s far from elite now, i ve seen couple Yotes games, when he s healthy, not impress at all

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I certainly don’t want Jarmo to trade our or Chicago first in this draft for Chuchryn.

Also, he’s a LHD and Werenski is a LHD while we need a right handed d man, I don’t even understand why Columbus is interested here

You can throw out Werenski and Chychrun for 25 minutes each a night. You basically have the entire game covered with two top pair defenders. You can get by with lesser RD if you have strong enough LD to carry the pairing. Both him and Werenski are under 25 and signed for at least the next 3 years after this. So your D core is set for awhile.

I get not wanting to trade a potential top 10 pick but you still will have 1 and you just drafted Johnson and Sillinger last year. Your forward group will have a good mix of kids and vets still and now your D will be even stronger. It's a big offer but with Chychrun being signed for a few seasons that's extra value and worth the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad