Sportsnet: Arizona have received an offer matching their asking price for Jakob Chychrun.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledge And Dairy

He’s not a lock for 1C but his ceiling should absolutely seen as 1C.

He’s already an elite 3C getting better each game and one of his big values to Florida is what his game does to Barkov.
Florida trades Lundell and they’ll end up feeding all the heavy assignments to Barkov instead Barkov-Lundell
Sure, 1C potential is fine. The other person was saying he's a guaranteed 1C

Reactions: BB88

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Hey, Panthers fans. Would you send Ekblad to the Coyotes for Soderstrom, Hayton and a 2023 1st?

Didn't think so.

You're not getting Chychrun without it stinging a little bit

Oh I’m sorry, losing 3 first round picks doesn’t sting a little? According to Marek the ask is: two former first round picks and a future first round pick. This isn’t the 2003-2009 Florida Panthers who couldn’t pick for shit. Most of these guys are ready and could be very good.

Also, love Chychrun, LOVE that he’s a local guy…but that’s not a good comparison.

I mean he's 9th in team scoring and 8th in p/60. Lundell was widely considered to be NHL ready as soon as last year but also the most developed as in he was already nearing his ceiling. "True 1C" just seems like quite a high standard for a guy that's only played 37 games. I don't doubt he will be a good NHLer but lets ease on the brake a bit here with these predictions

Link to a report stating he was close to his ceiling? You really haven’t given anyone a need to pause on the Lundell predictions. Kid is 20 years old and playing incredibly well.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Ledge And Dairy

Oh I’m sorry, losing 3 first round picks doesn’t sting a little? According to Marek the ask is: two former first round picks and a future first round pick. This isn’t the 2003-2009 Florida Panthers who couldn’t pick for shit. Most of these guys are ready and could be very good.

Also, love Chychrun, LOVE that he’s a local guy…but that’s not a good comparison.

Link to a report stating he was close to his ceiling? You really haven’t given anyone a need to pause on the Lundell predictions. Kid is 20 years old and playing incredibly well.
Sorry, Ceiling was a poor choice of words. Reports around the draft were saying he was much further along on his development curve than most of the guys expected to go in the top 20. And that his potential was not as high as some others but he was a much less likely to bust. Very safe pick

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Oof some of these offers are bad.

If panthers get him they will be (an even larger) force to be reckoned with! I’d easily ask for knight/Lundell as the base. Could see some domino trades from other teams trying to keep up.

Reactions: Nowotny

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Hey, Panthers fans. Would you send Ekblad to the Coyotes for Soderstrom, Hayton and a 2023 1st?

Didn't think so.

You're not getting Chychrun without it stinging a little bit

Great. Keep Chychun and be a contender yourself. Nobody said it shouldn't sting. But it makes no sense for a team trying to contend to give up a key piece from the current roster. It will be mostly high prospects/picks with an expendable roster player for salary.

Lundell isn't expendable. If that's the price ARI should keep him.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Great. Keep Chychun and be a contender yourself. Nobody said it shouldn't sting. But it makes no sense for a team trying to contend to give up a key piece from the current roster. It will be mostly high prospects/picks with an expendable roster player for salary.

Lundell isn't expendable. If that's the price ARI should keep him.

I think they should trade him tho. Yotes' perception of value gets twisted when they are trying to pitch and sell the best of the worst. Chyk would probably be Panthers' 4th best dman so there's no point in trading a 20yo 2nd line center for a 23yo top4 dman.
Hopefully the Yotes manage to find themselves a trading partner because Keller and Schmaltz is an enviable foundation to build around.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Sure, 1C potential is fine. The other person was saying he's a guaranteed 1C

He is assigned most defensive duties and carries some of Barkovs assignments. This is very beneficial for Panthers. Barkov can then be assigned more offensive duties. Lundell would have a lot more points if he was getting PP-time and offensive zone starts. I`d believe Panthers will have Lundell as a 2C in 2yrs. He has the upside to be a 1C though and I dont believe Panthers would trade a cost-controlled player of his caliber for a 3-4D

KniespassZegras

Jan 2, 2022
I agree, they could put together quite a sexy package, and not have it really hurt them all that much. I hope they outbid Florida. I mean if it's a 2022 1st, + Ceulemans/Bean, that's really the best Arizona is gonna get. They could draft a great D with that pick, and use their own 1st on that high end center they need. They replenish their D as much as possible from losing Chychrun.

its not going to be ceulemans and bean though

KniespassZegras

Jan 2, 2022
He's FLA's number 1 PKer, leads the team in D zone faceoffs, plays 3rd line minutes with 3rd line caliber linemates, turned 20 two weeks before the season started, and is pacing for 53 points with no PP time. His performance this year and the last few outside of the NHL has suggested nothing less than a 1C lock. Not necessarily a superstar top 10 center but a clear 1C nonetheless.

He's also on an ELC for the next 2.5 seasons. It makes no sense for FLA to give up an impact piece now. He's an integral part to what makes FLA's forward depth the best in the league.

For as good as Chychrun is, he would be the 3rd best defenseman on the Panthers.

Lundell (and Knight) would extend the Panthers cup window by 5 or more years. Since Knight isn't an impact player yet we could get over the loss but losing Lundell would be a disaster and really mean the Panthers are all in this year and next.

Ideally we have something along the lines of:

Samoskevich (‘21 first) + ‘23 first + Tippett/Denisenko (former firsts that have shown solid potential but nothing special)

Most of us are against including Knight (in place of Samoskevich) but we could live with it

No, dont be ridiculous, Chychrun wouldn't be just the third best Dman on Florida lol and that package would get beat by quite a few teams pretty easy

Reactions: Nowotny

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Almost all FLA fans seem to agree that if it's Lundell+ for Chychrun, we'd rather keep Lundell. He should 100% be off the table.

We may not have the best package to get Chychrun, and that's honestly fine. It would be nice to have him, but he is not a necessity, and as has been mentioned before, Lundell (and Knight) extend our window another five years. If we can get Chychrun for a package of our other prospects/picks, then sure, but otherwise I'd rather we target a worse Dman at a more reasonable price.

We don't even need a Dman that desperately. Could we use a top4 guy to strengthen the defence, sure, but it's not a necessity.

Zito has been amazing so far; really hoping he's not about to do something stupid.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Almost all FLA fans seem to agree that if it's Lundell+ for Chychrun, we'd rather keep Lundell. He should 100% be off the table.

We may not have the best package to get Chychrun, and that's honestly fine. It would be nice to have him, but he is not a necessity, and as has been mentioned before, Lundell (and Knight) extend our window another five years. If we can get Chychrun for a package of our other prospects/picks, then sure, but otherwise I'd rather we target a worse Dman at a more reasonable price.

We don't even need a Dman that desperately. Could we use a top4 guy to strengthen the defence, sure, but it's not a necessity.

Zito has been amazing so far; really hoping he's not about to do something stupid.

I really don’t think he will, it doesn’t make sense and imo creates another hole, the kid has been that good.
Imo we need another defensive defenseman for the bottom pairing, but nothing that’ll cost us a fortune. Would be foolish to move Lundell, and Knight honestly, when there could be guys available that would cost less.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Ledge And Dairy

He is assigned most defensive duties and carries some of Barkovs assignments. This is very beneficial for Panthers. Barkov can then be assigned more offensive duties. Lundell would have a lot more points if he was getting PP-time and offensive zone starts. I`d believe Panthers will have Lundell as a 2C in 2yrs. He has the upside to be a 1C though and I dont believe Panthers would trade a cost-controlled player of his caliber for a 3-4D
Im not saying the upside isnt there. Im saying he's not a lock for 1C.

Calling Chychrun a 3-4D is about as accurate as calling Ekblad from 18/19 a 3-4D

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Im not saying the upside isnt there. Im saying he's not a lock for 1C.

Calling Chychrun a 3-4D is about as accurate as calling Ekblad from 18/19 a 3-4D

Well, he`ll be a 3D if traded to Florida. I dont see the point in trading a young promising 200ft, potential selke-caliber 1C for him. Lundell would be a 2C on most teams already as a 20yr old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad