Sportsnet: Arizona have received an offer matching their asking price for Jakob Chychrun.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Keep in mind some salary needs to go the other way if it’s Florida. Vatrano, montour, or Hornqvist would have to be included.

Knight + Samoskevich + ‘23 1st + Vatrano

I still don’t think trading Lundell is 100% out of the question if they think chych will be as good on the panthers as we think he can be. Having Barkov for the next 8yrs make that decision at least a little easier, if so
Yep. That’s what I’d expect Florida’s absolute limit to be. I think that’s their equivalent of an “all-in”. And maybe it’s enough. The value is quite good.

But I don’t think much of goalie prospects. I’d never draft one in the first three rounds. They’re complete crapshoots. Knight seems like a great goalie prospect. But I’m not personally very interested in goalie prospects. They’re just roulette.

I like Samoskevich just fine. He’s a nifty winger. I like his game. But he’s just winger and probably not destined to be the best winger on any NHL squad. Most likely he’s going to be his team’s third best winger if they’re good and second best winger if they’re not. I’m not trying to belittle him. I’ve followed the draft since 1996. There are plenty of surprises. But I don’t think most are projecting a star winger, here.

That 1st is a kid that’s 16 years old right now and likely to be a pick in the 20s a year and a half from now. That’s a moon-shot.

Reactions: FrolikFan67

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Yep. That’s what I’d expect Florida’s absolute limit to be. I think that’s their equivalent of an “all-in”. And maybe it’s enough. The value is quite good.

But I don’t think much of goalie prospects. I’d never draft one in the first three rounds. They’re complete crapshoots. Knight seems like a great goalie prospect. But I’m not personally very interested in goalie prospects. They’re just roulette.

I like Samoskevich just fine. He’s a nifty winger. I like his game. But he’s just winger and probably not destined to be the best winger on any NHL squad. Most likely he’s going to be his team’s third best winger if they’re good and second best winger if they’re not. I’m not trying to belittle him. I’ve followed the draft since 1996. There are plenty of surprises. But I don’t think most are projecting a star winger, here.

That 1st is a kid that’s 16 years old right now and likely to be a pick in the 20s a year and a half from now. That’s a moon-shot.
Completely agree on all points and I don’t think Arizona would do it. And I’m completely ok with knight being traded for chych in this scenario for the exact same reasons you stated, so we’re on the same page. I’d love to have chychrun, a guy from my hometown which I never thought would happen, curious to see how it plays out

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I agree. There just isn't a deal to be made between Arizona and Florida.
Does ownership ever meddle in hockey-ops, there? That’s really the only chance I could possibly see this happening. If ownership thinks Chychrun gives them the best shot at the Cup, is the hometown kid, with the family connection, and has the great contract. If ownership is dumb enough to involve themselves in the hockey-side of things, they might pressure a mistake.

But that seems outlandish. And I have zero clue if there’s any precedent for that. I have to guess that Zito gives almost zero consideration to Chychrun’s hometown roots. Zito isn’t from Florida. Why should he care?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Does ownership ever meddle in hockey-ops, there? That’s really the only chance I could possibly see this happening. If ownership thinks Chychrun gives them the best shot at the Cup, is the hometown kid, with the family connection, and has the great contract. If ownership is dumb enough to involve themselves in the hockey-side of things, they might pressure a mistake.

But that seems outlandish. And I have zero clue if there’s any precedent for that. I have to guess that Zito gives almost zero consideration to Chychrun’s hometown roots. Zito isn’t from Florida. Why should he care?

Ownership used to meddle. That's what caused the dysfunction from 2016-2019 and derailed Florida's rebuild. Now they've learned their lesson and just stay out of the way. It's Zito's ship for the next 5 years. Well, 4. But I would think he gets an extension. If they have any brains at all they'll realize this man is building a juggernaut, and to just sign the checks and let him do his thing.

Reactions: Sweetpotato

Ledge And Dairy

Ridiculous.
Chychrun had a very good season last year. But I think that people need to realize that his actual skill level is somewhere between how he was last season, and how he is now.
No way in hell are the Panthers giving up a future 1C PLUS other good young assets, especially for a guy who, at least right now, doesn't appear to even be the best defenseman on the 2nd worst team in the league. That is crazy talk.
Chychrun has actually been really good for the previous 3 seasons, this current one is the outlier. Also quite the exaggeration about Lundell being a 1C lock

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
If Columbus offered Chicago/Columbus 22 1st, whichever is later, + Ceulemans + Foudy I think I would take that. I would try to pry Chinakhov instead of Foudy but I don't know if they would pry with him. I would assume Sillinger and Johnson would be off limits if the pick was top 10.
I certainly don’t want Jarmo to trade our or Chicago first in this draft for Chuchryn.

Also, he’s a LHD and Werenski is a LHD while we need a right handed d man, I don’t even understand why Columbus is interested here

KniespassZegras

Jan 2, 2022
Columbus had their GM and then one of the more trusted side kicks at the game tonight, they are 100% in the conversation, and probably more than florida.
Id imagine something around one of their 1sts, Marchenko/Foudy/Bean/Bemstrom/Texier

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I would definitely not have traded #9 OA for Garland alone

Good chance that Guenthers ceiling is a 60-70 point winger which Garland already is. But there is also a good chance the Guenther doesnt hit that ceiling. Guenther is also 3-5 years away from becoming that so its just accelerating a prospects development.

Draft picks are valued too highly around here. I wouldnt have choosen Guenther at 9 either based on our needs but thats another story.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Columbus had their GM and then one of the more trusted side kicks at the game tonight, they are 100% in the conversation, and probably more than florida.
Id imagine something around one of their 1sts, Marchenko/Foudy/Bean/Bemstrom/Texier
If all it takes is a first and two of the prospects listed, it ain’t bad, but we already have two of our top defensemen in Gavrikov and Werenski who are left handed, so is Chuchryn. We are badly lacking with right handed d men. Also, not sure how Chuchryn will feel going from one struggling franchise to another.

Texier should be off limits. He’s got a star potential

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

I agree, they could put together quite a sexy package, and not have it really hurt them all that much. I hope they outbid Florida. I mean if it's a 2022 1st, + Ceulemans/Bean, that's really the best Arizona is gonna get. They could draft a great D with that pick, and use their own 1st on that high end center they need. They replenish their D as much as possible from losing Chychrun.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Chychrun has actually been really good for the previous 3 seasons, this current one is the outlier. Also quite the exaggeration about Lundell being a 1C lock
He's FLA's number 1 PKer, leads the team in D zone faceoffs, plays 3rd line minutes with 3rd line caliber linemates, turned 20 two weeks before the season started, and is pacing for 53 points with no PP time. His performance this year and the last few outside of the NHL has suggested nothing less than a 1C lock. Not necessarily a superstar top 10 center but a clear 1C nonetheless.

He's also on an ELC for the next 2.5 seasons. It makes no sense for FLA to give up an impact piece now. He's an integral part to what makes FLA's forward depth the best in the league.

For as good as Chychrun is, he would be the 3rd best defenseman on the Panthers.

Lundell (and Knight) would extend the Panthers cup window by 5 or more years. Since Knight isn't an impact player yet we could get over the loss but losing Lundell would be a disaster and really mean the Panthers are all in this year and next.

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Thinking about little add ons to make a Chychrun - Lundell trade less painful for FLA. Is there a cap dump that would alleviate the cap crunch, but not hurt the on-ice performance this year? Hornqvist and Montour are a couple ideas but they both seem to be contributing.

Whatever holes are created in the trade, the Yotes could send a UFA vet to patch the hole.

Eg.

Lundell
Hornqvist
2023 2nd

Chychrun
Larsson/Boyd (to skate in Lundell's spot)
Fischer/Kessel (to skate in Hornqvist's spot)

There’s no way to make losing Lundell easier for Florida fans.

Lundell should be untouchable.

& to me Lundell is worth more than Chychrun in on ice value and trade value.
His play this season, potential and contract status, those 2 elc years are absolutely massive for Florida

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Panthers fans:

what’s your reasonable package looking like? Absolutely Lundell shouldn’t be included unless it’s straight up but just wonder what you think makes sense

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Panthers fans:

what’s your reasonable package looking like? Absolutely Lundell shouldn’t be included unless it’s straight up but just wonder what you think makes sense
Ideally we have something along the lines of:

Samoskevich (‘21 first) + ‘23 first + Tippett/Denisenko (former firsts that have shown solid potential but nothing special)

Most of us are against including Knight (in place of Samoskevich) but we could live with it

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Ideally we have something along the lines of:

Samoskevich (‘21 first) + ‘23 first + Tippett/Denisenko (former firsts that have shown solid potential but nothing special)

Most of us are against including Knight (in place of Samoskevich) but we could live with it
That seems to fit the bill if Tippett is in there

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Yeah, I'm fine with losing Tippett. He's got a lot of potential, but we are so deep at forward that we can afford losing him, and don't even have solid spot for him. Mamin looks better in the top 9, and our 4th line can't be broken up. It's our energy line and they play very well together. It's just a numbers game. We also have a few good kids coming up. But the thing is we assumed Tippett would already be included.

Tippett+ ? + future 1st
And that ? is clearly Denisenko, Samoskevich, or Knight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad