Sportsnet: Arizona have received an offer matching their asking price for Jakob Chychrun.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Google “What is an auction?” and all will become clear.

For sure, but if I'm a team that called and asked the price, and then said "Ok...." and agreed to that price and then the seller said "But we still want to see if someone will beat your offer." I might just walk away. I don't know who told Seravelli a team matched the price but it could be coming from someone frustrated by that scenario.

Doesn't matter, all it takes is 1 buyer willing to pay a ridiculous amount, but giving a price and then walking back from it might rub some wrong (not that ARI needs to make other GMs comfy).

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Crouse have to come with Chychrun at this price, Vaak showing great things in a good team, 20 minutes avge of play and he s good
He's played 8 games this year and his underlying numbers are pretty bad. It's one thing to look competent in a sheltered role on a good team, it's another to be a key cog in the playoffs. This offer easily gets beat, and this is coming from someone who thinks some ARI fans are a bit high with their expectations.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Then why not take it? If someone says to me the price is X and I meet that price and he ends up holding out for more, I’m backing out and never dealing with that person again

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
For sure, but if I'm a team that called and asked the price, and then said "Ok...." and agreed to that price and then the seller said "But we still want to see if someone will beat your offer." I might just walk away. I don't know who told Seravelli a team matched the price but it could be coming from someone frustrated by that scenario.

Doesn't matter, all it takes is 1 buyer willing to pay a ridiculous amount, but giving a price and then walking back from it might rub some wrong (not that ARI needs to make other GMs comfy).
That’s not how negotiations work. Haha. We use qualifying statements and if/thens and hypotheticals.

Ledge And Dairy

Well, he`ll be a 3D if traded to Florida. I dont see the point in trading a young promising 200ft, potential selke-caliber 1C for him. Lundell would be a 2C on most teams already as a 20yr old.
As stated before, Ekholm was 3D and sometimes even 4D in Nashville's prime yet he was widely regarded as a top 30 dman in the league. Sergachev literally plays 3rd pair. Kronwall was the "3D" in Detroit's glory days. Dustin Byfuglien was the 3D in Chicago. Your argument about why you shouldn't acquire a 23 year old potential start defenseman is not really compelling

2C on most teams? Come on man, you can't be serious. 5 or 6 teams sure but definitely not most

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Then why not take it? If someone says to me the price is X and I meet that price and he ends up holding out for more, I’m backing out and never dealing with that person again
And Bill Armstrong is completely ok with that. There’s no rush to ship Chychrun. BA isn’t in the business to make friends or to bend over to anyone, he’s here to build what’s been a fried organization from the start.

You need to get value for your highest asset. You don’t go looking at homes and buy the first one you like.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Yes he is. His 10th place Norris finish won’t be the last time he’s a top ten finalist for that award. I’ll bet you $5 he does it at least twice more.

If you think a top 10 finish in the norris is elite, you have a very very liberal definition of elite. Elite is Fox and Makar. Not Chychrun.

Reactions: kingsfan28

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
And Bill Armstrong is completely ok with that. There’s no rush to ship Chychrun. BA isn’t in the business to make friends or to bend over to anyone, he’s here to build what’s been a fried organization from the start.

You need to get value for your highest asset. You don’t go looking at homes and buy the first one you like.

It’s not about making friends or not. He’s set a price (a very expensive one according to insiders) and someone decided to meet that price after half a season (probably even more than more) and now that it’s been met by someone he’s suddenly asking for more?

I’d back the f*** out and let someone else get him for 80 cents on the dollar half a year from now and never deal with that person again - or even worst, do him the same exact bullshit on a trade 3-4-5 years from now.

Dumb business move my Armstrong if true.

Ledge And Dairy

If you think a top 10 finish in the norris is elite, you have a very very liberal definition of elite. Elite is Fox and Makar. Not Chychrun.
Well he's definitely borderline elite
EyLuOMQXMAEAqRA

Reactions: bsu

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It’s not about making friends or not. He’s set a price (a very expensive one according to insiders) and someone decided to meet that price after half a season (probably even more than more) and now that it’s been met by someone he’s suddenly asking for more?

I’d back the f*** out and let someone else get him for 80 cents on the dollar half a year from now and never deal with that person again - or even worst, do him the same exact bullshit on a trade 3-4-5 years from now.

Dumb business move my Armstrong if true.
Who said the price has been met? What if AZ doesn’t like a prospect.

what’s happened is a team has made an offer they feel meets the stated criteria. AZ still gets to decide of they like the pieces.

Reactions: YotesFan47

SatanicToedrag

Apr 15, 2017
Even if it was all of them and you added a 2nd it’s totally unappealing.
I understand it being unappealing from your personal perspective but are you actually telling me that FLA giving Deni AND Tippett AND Knight AND a first AND a second wouldn't make the Yotes GM :eek::eek::eek::eek: in their pants? That's a f***ing massive overpay however you choose to look at it objectively.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Oof some of these offers are bad.

If panthers get him they will be (an even larger) force to be reckoned with! I’d easily ask for knight/Lundell as the base. Could see some domino trades from other teams trying to keep up.

Here is the thing. If the Panther’s trade Lundell for Chychrun at best its going to come out even game impact wise for the Panthers. The hole that Chychrun fills on the back end isn’t going to be enough of a net gain to be worth the hole Lundell going leaves in the forwards. The Panther’s don’t have anybody to fill his role. I like Chychrun I was hoping the Panthers could find a way to trade up for him when he fell a little in his draft year, but I don’t want to lose Lundell for him. I’d rather see the Panthers trade for a guy like Savard that doesn’t cost as much and can still solidify the D pairings.

Lundell is a Barkov lite I don’t know how many times this year I’ve mixed the two up on the ice this year. Eventually they should be a 1-1A center combo and I don’t think Zito will break that up.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Who said the price has been met? What if AZ doesn’t like a prospect.

what’s happened is a team has made an offer they feel meets the stated criteria. AZ still gets to decide of they like the pieces.

Are you kidding me it’s literally in the title of the thread

Reactions: Groo and Heldig

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Ignoring whatever package was offered from the post you're quoting.
In what way are those 3 comparable in value? I get it Laf hasn't impressed, but there's still a difference here between those values.
Merely pointing out that a 28 year old pending UFA did not qualify as the roster 1st round pick. IF the offer was from the Rangers there are several recent 1st rounders on the roster that qualify. I did not opine on the rest of the offer.

Reactions: Nowotny

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
As evident in the proposals in this thread, the value of the current NHLer that was a 1st round pick varies pretty massiveley even on the same team.

Reactions: Nowotny

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Crouse have to come with Chychrun at this price, Vaak showing great things in a good team, 20 minutes avge of play and he s good

Vaak has too small of a sample size to have much value outside of Boston. He's looked great so far this year. If he's valued that highly by the team then he's worth more to us than in a trade. Offer gets beaten even before adding in Crouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad