Sportsnet: Arizona have received an offer matching their asking price for Jakob Chychrun.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The issue that FLA fans need to understand is that guys like Tippett and Denisenko aren't all that appealing. Sure, they're former 1st round picks but they're not exactly lighting the world on fire. And both play wing. Samoskevich is still in school. You don't have a 2022 1st round pick. Goaltending is extremely volatile and the Yotes are tanking so I don't think they have use for Knight.

There's gonna be much better offers for the Coyotes if Lundell isn't on the table.

Nobody is putting anyone close to Lundell on the table

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Oh I didn't miss it you just can't count. He has a full NMC for 2 years after this one. Jan of 2024 he still can't be moved...thats 2 years right? So the only way he could be traded is 3 years from now and the cost to take on a 10 mill cap hit for 2 full years is going to be astronomical. It also doesn't help because you need to sign Hubs.....so your point makes no sense.

Florida has some serious cap issues coming up.
HAH gottem, can’t count!! So let’s do the math together here, friend.
It’s January 2022 right now. In one year it will be January 2023. The Panthers will have paid Bob’s $6 million signing bonus and half of his $6 million 2022-2023 salary. There will be $25 million left on his contract.
In 1.5 years, let’s add that together… February, March, April, May, June, July 2023… the Panthers will have paid all $12 million and now covered another $5 million signing bonus. There will be $17.5 million left on his contract and he will in his last year of full NMC.
In two years (January 2024, in case you lost count), there will be $15 million left on his contract, and he will be on the edge of no longer having an NMC.
It would not be inconceivable that the Panthers could retain some percentage of $15-17.5 million and pay a king’s ransom of picks if that’s what it took to hold onto Huberdeau. Why you dont think this helps the Huberdeau contract is a bit daft, since the whole point is to free up ~$5 million in cap space needed for Huberdeau. A move dealing Bob with some retention would do that. And it’s not inconceivable that a team with cap space would see this as an opportunity. f*** outta here with your condescending “you can’t add” bullshit.

Reactions: finkelsteinberg

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
If the asking amount being talked in here is accurate then I don't see the Rangers being involved when a deal finally gets made

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
If a team matched their asking price, why hasn't it been completed? My guess is that Arizona released the information to try and get a team with someone else they want on a different team to up their bid.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
He is signed for 4.6 AAV for 3 more years (not including this one) should be interesting.... Yotes are really trying to build for the future it seems. They had a really solid offseason and did a lot more than Kraken and they continue to do so....

I wonder if Kraken will get into the action near the TDL to build for the future?

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
If a team matched their asking price, why hasn't it been completed? My guess is that Arizona released the information to try and get a team with someone else they want on a different team to up their bid.

theres a bidding war so they will wait to get the players they like

meeting the reported asking price doesn’t mean they are in love W the offer

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Florida has some serious cap issues coming up.
When? What’s the math on that?

If Huberdeau gets 10 mil and Weegar gets 7 then in ‘23-‘24 the Panthers would have their top 8 Fs, top 4 D, and 1G locked up at 72M. Even if the cap doesn’t move an inch that’s not at all concerning and that’s with Bob’s contract

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Leafs don't have much on the right; not sure trading Lily is smart given Lily is also on ELC.

I'd swap Dermott for Lily there and perhaps someone else to make the 4.6 AAV work within the Leafs cap structure
laughable that you think 1st +dermott+ ritchie is fair value. and you want arz to take more cap back too?

Man why are leaf fans such homers.

dermott and ricthie have barely any value. ritchie is a cap dump that just cleared waivers and dermott is a bottom pairing d-man,

You really think arz is going to trade their top pairing d-man for a late first, #5 d, and a garbage forward? Get real

Last edited:
Reactions: Mosby and Bevans

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
Think it’s clear Zona wants a high end C in any deal.

Thus, Florida not wanting to part with Lundell likely holding up any deal.

I can see CBJ putting a package together that gets it done with their recent picks.

Question is which one and what other prospect?

Id assume lower of their two 2022 picks regardless.

I agree with this, I can see CBJ offering something like

1. Boqvist / Bean
2. Ceulemans
3. Whichever of their 2022 1sts is worse

And Arizona thanking them for giving them something to shop around in particular to Florida to get Lundell but never considering it.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
What will you do if he sends both?
IlliterateImperfectHypacrosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Dead Coyote

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
The issue that FLA fans need to understand is that guys like Tippett and Denisenko aren't all that appealing. Sure, they're former 1st round picks but they're not exactly lighting the world on fire. And both play wing. Samoskevich is still in school. You don't have a 2022 1st round pick. Goaltending is extremely volatile and the Yotes are tanking so I don't think they have use for Knight.

There's gonna be much better offers for the Coyotes if Lundell isn't on the table.
No, I think we understand that Tippett and Denisenko aren't all that appealing. It's just that we don't want to part with Lundell. Totally understand ARZ asking for Lundell. Some FLA fans are more ok with parting with Knight. I just don't think we end up being good dance partners if the ask is Lundell. And that's fine.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
If Panthers actually offered two former 1st rounders and a future 1st rounder.

Tippett
Denisenko
2023 1st

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
Leafs don't have much on the right; not sure trading Lily is smart given Lily is also on ELC.

I'd swap Dermott for Lily there and perhaps someone else to make the 4.6 AAV work within the Leafs cap structure
So two dumps lol, his proposal was god awful and some how you made it even worse

Reactions: Mosby and Bevans

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I agree with this, I can see CBJ offering something like

1. Boqvist / Bean
2. Ceulemans
3. Whichever of their 2022 1sts is worse

And Arizona thanking them for giving them something to shop around in particular to Florida to get Lundell but never considering it.

Nothing that truly hurts to give up from the Columbus side (Johnson, Sillinger, the higher of the 1sts stay), but still legit value for Arizona here.

The Jackets might be the only team in the league that have the assets to walk that tight rope.

monix11

Jun 21, 2017
Nobody is putting anyone close to Lundell on the table

Not debating that.

Just saying Denisenko and Tippett aren't gonna get you Chychrun. That offer is garbage for a 23 year old top pairing D on a bargain ticket.

Panthers and Coyotes probably aren't dance partners if Lundell isn't in the deal.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
laughable that you think 1st +dermott+ ritchie is fair value. and you want arz to take more cap back too?

Man why are leaf fans such homers.

dermott and ricthie have barely any value. ritchie is a cap dump that just cleared waivers and dermott is a bottom pairing d-man,

You really think arz is going to trade their top pairing d-man for a late first, #5 d, and a garbage forward? Get real

Some guys make questionable offers, some guys make fair ones. Then leafs fans come in, drop a steaming pile, and say you're welcome.

There's such a clear line between leaf offers and every other team's fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad