Sportsnet: Arizona have received an offer matching their asking price for Jakob Chychrun.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Im wondering about retention on Chychrun. Like Chychrun with 50% retained and Florida’s choice of Travis Boyd or Johan Larsson for Lundell, Vatrano, Juolevi, and some decent future asset (pick or prospect, below the Knight tier).

I don't think you need to add more pieces to the trade, makes it more complicated. However, I don't see Florida trading Lundell since they are trying to make some noise this year in the playoffs and he's a key part of their team. It's not what contenders do. You guys are selling, God knows why, but
since that's the case I don't think you'll get a premier roster player from a top team. Maybe LA is a better trading partner even though Florida does make a lot of sense as a destination (need for top 4 LD, local kid).

Ledge And Dairy

his last 3 seasons are
39-69
39--49
27-37

That projects out to around 60 points in his last 2 seasons. He also isnt getting PP1 time here and was on a terrible Coyotes team. Garland is probably our second best forward this year as well. He is definitely a impactful player/play driver
Projecting and actually doing are 2 different things. Don't call someone proven at something they haven't proven

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
I just don't see it for FLA. Trading Lundell for Chychrun is one step forward and two backward. Prefer we pick up a dman that is defensively sound (albeit not as good as chychrun) around the TDL and keep Lundell. If that happens, then it's an all around positive. This is elementary level.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Again, the team might see things differently and be very interested in a prospect like Knight, but I think there's a deal that could be made around Schneider that would please both you and the Rangers organisation. Don't think that would happen with LA or CBJ, as I feel Clarke and Ceulemans are too important for their respective teams (don't really understand why CBJ would be even interested in Chychrun as the timeline is a little off, but certainly they can't give up a top RD prospect).
I don’t understand why Columbus is in this either. But Friedman, Marek, and Scheig have all heard it independently.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
41 points last year on a crappy team i say he's pretty close to elite.

And defensivly was 9th worst in goal against when he started 61% of the time on offensive side.

I will give you an exemple, Nikita Zaitsev who played the same amount of time at 5 on 5. Zaitsev started 67 of the time in defensive zone so 29 % of difference) in an other awfull team still have 4 goal less than chychrun.

This season he started at little more on defensive zone like 53% and he have a awfull season, so no i dont consider him like an elite dman but like an other kind of keith yandle.

Reactions: TCNorthstars

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I don't get the logic of wanting to get rid of Chychrun, Arizona is a rebuilding team and he is of that age that he perfectly fits that rebuild. It's one thing if a team gives them a deal they can't refuse, but trading 1 good player for 2 lesser players and what most likely would be a late first really doesn't help, especially when you just stock piled a bunch of draft picks

The logic being that by the time Arizona is ready to be competitive, Chychrun will be a UFA, and can simply leave the franchise with them getting nothing in return... or they trade him as a rental, and they get less than they could have if they'd traded him now

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Did you miss the part where I said 1-2 years? The year is in fact 2022 right now, he’ll be in the middle of or past the $12 million year. $ retention is a thing. He will also be 1 year away from a 16 team modified NTC, and a buyout will be more of a possibility, too. For teams who have cap space as a commodity and are tanking, in 1-2 years, Bobrovsky is an opportunity to make a killer to bury him, pun intended.

Oh I didn't miss it you just can't count. He has a full NMC for 2 years after this one. Jan of 2024 he still can't be moved...thats 2 years right? So the only way he could be traded is 3 years from now and the cost to take on a 10 mill cap hit for 2 full years is going to be astronomical. It also doesn't help because you need to sign Hubs.....so your point makes no sense.

Florida has some serious cap issues coming up.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Think it’s clear Zona wants a high end C in any deal.

Thus, Florida not wanting to part with Lundell likely holding up any deal.

I can see CBJ putting a package together that gets it done with their recent picks.

Question is which one and what other prospect?

Id assume lower of their two 2022 picks regardless.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Chych isn't a top pairing D. He had 19 goals last year but didn't get the tough assignments on D. He is getting tough assignments this year and getting smoked on D. Last year Goligoski was his D partner and covered for him on D more, but they were the 3/4 D combo, didn't get the toughest assignments. This year Chych has been playing 1D with Busch, he now sees what OEL went through having a crappy D partner, but OEL was much better on D. Chych is a young 3d on a great contract with top pairing potential, if and only if he gets better on D. Also keep in mind he is often injured and has had major knee surgery on both knees, he is an injury risk.

I have been saying the Coyotes will get a first round pick, young prospect/player with potential and parts. BA won't get a return as high as many folks think he will get in this thread.

That's absolutely not true, I'm not sure we watched the same games but there's a reason he was called Goals Against-ski by some people in the forum. Goligoski has never and will never be able to take the tough matchups and Chychrun covered for his braindead plays a lot. And Chychrun has been playing the same quality as OEL had been for years, this year he's just getting more minutes with a far more subpar partner, not that Bush is bad, but he's a stay at home net clearer and isn't a PMD at all like Goligoski was. OEL sucked on D way more than anything else in the last few years, especially before the trade. He was still competent on the PP but that looked like it. Chychrun is obviously struggling but it looks way more like he's just lost out there rather than his abilities have decreased at all.

This whole post is extremely revisionist and just straight up wrong.

Reactions: Nowotny

PepeBostones

Mar 3, 2002
How can the league even allow this to happen? Arizona is such a shit and shame show and it will take forever, if ever to get respectable, even if they have like what, 200 draft picks.

monix11

Jun 21, 2017
The issue that FLA fans need to understand is that guys like Tippett and Denisenko aren't all that appealing. Sure, they're former 1st round picks but they're not exactly lighting the world on fire. And both play wing. Samoskevich is still in school. You don't have a 2022 1st round pick. Goaltending is extremely volatile and the Yotes are tanking so I don't think they have use for Knight.

There's gonna be much better offers for the Coyotes if Lundell isn't on the table.

Reactions: Nowotny
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad