Sportsnet: Arizona have received an offer matching their asking price for Jakob Chychrun.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Mikheyev is being seriously underrated. The guy had the worst puck luck I have ever seen and fully expect him to be a 20 goal 40 to 50 point guy at some point in his career.
well Ritche+Amirov+1st is technically 3 1sts

Maybe but why would arz take that risk? Especially with ufa who turns 28 this year? He has 7 good games and now leaf fans think he has the value of a 1st.

Use some common sense. They will for sure take a 1st rounder or a decent prospect for crouse instead of mikeheyv.

lol gtfo. ritchie/amirov/1st is technically 3 1sts. you know exactly what arz means when they say they want 3 1sts.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Something around Chychrun for Turcotte makes sense for both teams, and I'm not sure there's another club that would be willing to part with a prospect as touted as Turcotte...

I don't see Florida moving Lundell, for example, in a deal for Chycrhun

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Mikheyev is being seriously underrated. The guy had the worst puck luck I have ever seen and fully expect him to be a 20 goal 40 to 50 point guy at some point in his career.
well Ritche+Amirov+1st is technically 3 1sts

C'mon. Richie was waived and cleared. He's not anywhere near a 1st in value, regardless of where he was drafted.

And regardless of what you think of Mikheyev, he's a UFA at the end of the year. That has almost zero value to AZ because unless they way overpay him, he has no incentive to sign in AZ. You aren't looking at this from the other team's perspective at all.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Something around Chychrun for Turcotte makes sense for both teams, and I'm not sure there's another club that would be willing to part with a prospect as touted as Turcotte...

I don't see Florida moving Lundell, for example, in a deal for Chycrhun

turcotte hasn't done anything since his draft year to show why he was picked 5th. Arz is not going to act like he still has that 5th overall pick value and there going to ask for some serious ++ to the trade

Reactions: bsu

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
C'mon. Richie was waived and cleared. He's not anywhere near a 1st in value, regardless of where he was drafted.

And regardless of what you think of Mikheyev, he's a UFA at the end of the year. That has almost zero value to AZ because unless they way overpay him, he has no incentive to sign in AZ. You aren't looking at this from the other team's perspective at all.
the reality is we prob can't afford Chychrun in the next 2 seasons with the flat cap, I just wanted to be included lol,

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
So in summary, it really comes down to Armstrong wanting a 1C-type under 25 (when Arizona exits tank mode) and a 1st and probably a top pairing D prospect?
At this point, most people are saying that even though Chyc is Arizona's top asset, he isn't considered a top asset on most other teams and certainly not on a contender?
I can see why Arizona is holding their ground, but it seems like a tall order to have a team give up an asset that's the hardest position to successfully fill.
LAK seems like the only team who could meet those needs to me.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ

I don't understand why are UFAs being offered in a trade to a rebuilding team

Reactions: hn777

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I understand it being unappealing from your personal perspective but are you actually telling me that FLA giving Deni AND Tippett AND Knight AND a first AND a second wouldn't make the Yotes GM :eek::eek::eek::eek: in their pants? That's a f***ing massive overpay however you choose to look at it objectively.

A goalie as the best piece in a Chychrun trade is a misuse of assets. The Coyotes signed a random guy from europe this summer and he has managed quality starts. Goalies are voodoo. Tippett is about to turn 23 and hasn't hit his stride in the NHL as a scoring forward, which is a huge red flag. Denisenko and some late picks is just surplus when you've got 8 top 60 picks already.

It's about quality. If you want a top pairing D @4.6m, you have to give up someone that projects to be above replacement level.

Reactions: Nowotny

monix11

Jun 21, 2017
I don't think people realize how good Jakob Chychrun really is.

A lotta people are pulling up his NHL.com page and looking at his stats this year on the worst team in hockey.

The guy finished 10th in Norris voting last year as a 22 year old and is on a long-term and extremely team friendly deal.

A whole lot of these "untouchables" are certainly touchable.

I understand not wanting to give up anything but theres gotta be a headliner heading to AZ. That headliner has to be a significant piece because Chychrun will be the best player in the deal. Keep that in mind....

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
So in summary, it really comes down to Armstrong wanting a 1C-type under 25 (when Arizona exits tank mode) and a 1st and probably a top pairing D prospect?
At this point, most people are saying that even though Chyc is Arizona's top asset, he isn't considered a top asset on most other teams and certainly not on a contender?
I can see why Arizona is holding their ground, but it seems like a tall order to have a team give up an asset that's the hardest position to successfully fill.
LAK seems like the only team who could meet those needs to me.

And it's tricky because LA has quantity of prospects but not many absolute blue chippers...so if they guess wrong they're screwed and sabotage the rebuild before it really gets off the ground. It's not so much 'is it worth it' re value because I believe Kings-AZ can put something very very fair together, and the time is close to right, but not quite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad