Value of: Arber Xhekaj value in a trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Habs should keep him. A contending teams GM would probably give up a 2nd or 3rd+ for depth in the playoffs.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
2 of the 3 you mentionned don't play the left side. Even Harris is likely to stick around only if he can play the right side regularly.

If Hutson signs, where does he even play? Matheson and Guhle are locks. Who of Hutson, Struble, Xhekaj will play?
I think Hutson needs a year in the AHL. I would move Struble before Xhekaj.
Habs are too small with Hutson, RHP, Caufield, Gallagher, etc all in the lineup.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
So if you are selling your car, even if it's a fairly new model and you told me it's to get a down payment for a house, you'll think 50$ is a reasonable offer ?

Zadorov just went for a 3rd and 5th. Someone saying a 3rd isn’t some way off reach that you’re and your out of touch Q buddy think it is.

Reactions: Crazy8oooo

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Superstar young forward? I only saw 1 player listed going the other way. On what planet is Arber worth a super start potential young forward? You can say the offer clearly needs to make Montreal better or it's not worth making the trade, but superstar potential seems a bit wishful thinking.

Try reading the ENTIRE sentence that was written in.

Look up "straw argument"...

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The Habs are filled with young D, and some will need to be moved vefore reaching their full potential.

Guhle is a lock, and Matheson seems to be around for a while until kids displace him.
Harris, Struble, Xhekaj, soon to be signed Hutson, are all fighting for the same slot.
That is the ONLY reason that HuGo may answer the phone. Obviously not a huge return on any kid simply because they haven't reached their potential.

Which is why I'm also concerned and written elsewhere about implementing defensive structure/discipline.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
I lost brain cells reading this. OP asks what he’d be worth, someone answers a very reasonable price, homer overvalues player. It’s an obvious case of the player being more valuable to the organization than fair market value so a team would need to overpay to get him.

One of the most overrated players i've seen in a long time. I can snap my fingers and find 5 Xhekaj by Friday. Not worth anything.
For real. Replacement level Dman.

Reactions: Ciao

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I lost brain cells reading this. OP asks what he’d be worth, someone answers a very reasonable price, homer overvalues player. It’s an obvious case of the player being more valuable to the organization than fair market value so a team would need to overpay to get him.
I'd say it's more of a case of a fanbase seeing a player with potential at a position with a surplus of options, and other fanbases valuing him on current contributions. Of course the two valuations aren't a match.

Try reading the ENTIRE sentence that was written in.

Look up "straw argument"...
Be kind.
Reading is hard.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
It's not like the Leafs are paying him $3m/year or gave up a 1st round pick like PIT to get him.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Zadorov is a pending UFA and requested a trade. Xhekaj is a 22 year old with 5 years of team control and no need to trade. What Zadorov went for is immaterial
No reason to trade him unless they would rather play 7 guys over him.

Copenhagen91

Jan 28, 2016
Really, you should be questioning the OP on why he included "Soo...what value would you put on him in a draft trade?" in his post. You’re getting offended at a poster for simply responding to the OP. Go after the OP since you’re not liking the responses.
Yall gotta stop arguing with these habs fans, they’ll argue until they’re blue in face despite not having basic understanding of reality

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Zadorov is a pending UFA and requested a trade. Xhekaj is a 22 year old with 5 years of team control and no need to trade. What Zadorov went for is immaterial
if you ask others to give THEIR valuations of xhekaj YOUR own opinion is immaterial as well.

just accept that there are differing opinions on the player. most fans over value the players on their own team. especially younger ones without an enstablished track record with an assumed potential and ceiling. fans from other fan bases won't pay prices for an absolute best case scenario you see in the development of such a player. they will hedge the risk and offer a risk free price.

Snowwy

Jan 29, 2006
Not much, he has proven to be one of the worst defensemen in the league on one of the worst teams in the league. Add to that he has been hurt (probably not his fualt) and you get not much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad