Value of: Arber Xhekaj value in a trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Leaf fans are not saying our free wallet signing is worth a 1st round pick. Good luck with that though!
Nah but you’re saying every team has multiple players like Xhekaj when you could only dream of having such a player

Closest you have is Reaves for 3 years $4M and he can’t skate backwards lmfao

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
... Xhekaj shouldn't have engaged, had been on the ice for around a minute while Deslauriers was just beginning his shift, AND Xhekaj was somewhat jumped.
Cant say about shift but both guys tangled for a good 10 sec before first punch was thrown by Xhekaj. But yes Deslauriers went for him.

Rewatched other X fights and most of them he is the one engaging. Not jumping, there is a difference. Hockeyfights.com

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I'd love the kings to trade for him and I think he would get a 1st+. Last year i would of happily paid that for wifi, but this year with Englund playing that role pretty well (and our cap pinch) it probably isnt as much of a priority. Love his game though.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Nah but you’re saying every team has multiple players like Xhekaj when you could only dream of having such a player

Closest you have is Reaves for 3 years $4M and he can’t skate backwards lmfao
One is a forward, one is a dman - kinda of a weird comparison. Maybe if Brian Burke was still our GM he'd trade 2 firsts and 2nd for him admittedly, since he has pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Deslauriers is a good and experience fighter while X is just huge and willing.

In another forum I advocated repeatedly that he, his brother and any guys who are going to drop them...might as well get some boxing lessons. No, not to become "boxers" but to learn how to protect themselves and get some hand speed.

Sidebar...In university I took martial arts and our sensi took us to a boxing club. I was one of the biggest guys...and turned out that I was an expert in boxing with my face. Took a few months of lessons and learned that it was better not to use my face to stop punches. Funny thing is that from then on I subconsciously carried my hands high. Years later, I was waiting in line for a table in a restaurant when out of the blue, a stranger asked me if I boxed. I was curious why he asked and he pointed out that I carry my hands high, which was normal for people who boxed. He was an amateur boxer. I wasn't even aware of it until he pointed it out.

X, Little X and Mailioux should spend a summer taking a few lessons a week. A little hand speed and picking openings is better then broken knuckles/fingers bashing helmets. X is a 245 pound beast and if he adds a bit of "knuckle knowledge", we won't have to fight as much.

BTW, AFAIK, Lucic was a boxer.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'd love the kings to trade for him and I think he would get a 1st+. Last year i would of happily paid that for wifi, but this year with Englund playing that role pretty well (and our cap pinch) it probably isnt as much of a priority. Love his game though.
I thought that Englund was just a warm body but it looks like he's doing better now.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
One is a forward, one is a dman - kinda of a weird comparison. Maybe if Brian Burke was still our GM he'd trade 2 firsts and 2nd for him admittedly, since he has pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence.
Probably be the best move Burke or the Leaf have every done.

hes for sure worth a 1st rounder..... how about sam gagner
If your gonna offer a 1st we choose what 1st. TY.

Reactions: HabsAddict

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Probably be the best move Burke or the Leaf have every done.

If your gonna offer a 1st we choose what 1st. TY.
youre right,

how about a 1st and a 2nd....gagner and adam erne (33rd overall bascially 2 1sts)

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
You dont want your tough guy to be a dman. Especially when you have on your roster a few dmen not able to play on the pk.

hes for sure worth a 1st rounder..... how about sam gagner
Ristolainen is tough too…

Reactions: CornKicker

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Xhekaj + 2nd for a 3rd?
He has a lot more value than say Ryan Reaves. Reaves is negative. Xhekaj is positive. I just wouldn't get carried away with how much positive.

I think a third would be a terrific return for the Habs, if they were interested in selling.

Conversely, Reaves and a third for futures would about do it for the Leafs but I can't picture either team making those deals.

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
It's what you think his market value.

You premise is wrong, he's not the same as Zadorov for multiples factors : age, contract, potential, team situation, etc.
Team situation isn't that great with the Habs if hes getting in heated arguments with the head coach

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Note even close. 3rd round pick is the consensus in here! :)
I’d give up a late first for him. Only need one GM to overpay!!!

Or pay the right level to get a 4/5 type with a few more years of team control. Yeah. I’d definitely do it for a low 1st rounder. I suspect some nhl GMs would. I also suspect the Habs have made no calls and taken no calls on this player. So this convo is probably pointless. Guys like him aren’t moved by rebuilding teams.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
So I’m just coming back to this thread after a couple days.

There actually are people that seriously think Xhekaj lands a first?

I just can’t find any historical precedent that would indicate that is a possibility

Reactions: SNES

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad