Value of: Arber Xhekaj value in a trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The biggest problem is how guys like this are moved for similar assets, and rarely for picks, but picks are a better way to gauge value without getting bogged down in how different kids are rated.

I'd want a stalled forward around 21 or 22, who isn't reaching his potential... yet. An equivalent to Phillip Danault when the Habs got him for scraps.
Some have difficulty reading an entire sentence, never mind using picks as a metric.

As for a trade...someone like Laffy if he stayed at the 30 point range. Laffy value to me was mid 1st and down to bottom 1st or high 2nd if he stayed at the 30 point range.
X value is a low/mid 2nd. Maybe not a straight up swap but closer to asset for asset plus a sweetener. At this point though, it looks like Laffy is stepping up in production and of course value.

Also depends how much need a team has for X type player which would tilt the scales.

(Bet that someone wont read the entire sentence and start with "but he's a first rounder, the other guy is undrafted, how dare you".)

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Some have difficulty reading an entire sentence, never mind using picks as a metric.

As for a trade...someone like Laffy if he stayed at the 30 point range. Laffy value to me was mid 1st and down to bottom 1st or high 2nd if he stayed at the 30 point range.
X value is a low/mid 2nd. Maybe not a straight up swap but closer to asset for asset plus a sweetener. At this point though, it looks like Laffy is stepping up in production and of course value.

Also depends how much need a team has for X type player which would tilt the scales.

(Bet that someone wont read the entire sentence and start with "but he's a first rounder, the other guy is undrafted, how dare you".)
Or you can get the first now, flip it at draft for another Dach or Newhook. It's common for good players to stumble around 21-22. Hughes seem to be pretty good at finding those kind of players. But I doubt it is Laf. Are Rangers looking for help on D?

Reactions: HabsAddict

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Or you can get the first now, flip it at draft for another Dach or Newhook. It's common for good players to stumble around 21-22. Hughes seem to be pretty good at finding those kind of players. But I doubt it is Laf. Are Rangers looking for help on D?
Laffy is inching up in value closer to a 50 point forward so that trade gap is widening. I just brought him up as an example of an underachieving player. There are others of lesser value with potential, which was the point of this thread.

Reality is that X has a bit of an unknown upside. Right now is not the time to trade him unless of course another team has a similar situation and player.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
hes the 8th dman on a bottom 5 blue line in the league. little to no offense. if he didnt hit or punch hed clear waivers. a mid round pick is fair.

Reactions: SNES

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
hes the 8th dman on a bottom 5 blue line in the league. little to no offense. if he didnt hit or punch hed clear waivers. a mid round pick is fair.
Oh now he's the 8th D? OK lol
Also he doesn't require waivers. But thanks for your insight

Last edited:
Reactions: HabsAddict

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Don't think the Habs would get anything that'd make it worth it to trade him, on a good team he's not even an every day 3rd pair guy rn. The flip side of that is he's still young, cheap, very raw, and has the intangibles that teams love. But for all those reasons the habs should (and probably will) hold on to him and let him develop rather then flip him for a mid round pick.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Minutes played per game, he is 8th on the depth chart, that’s what I assume poster meant.
He's been out injured. Lindstrom/Struble wouldn't even be on tbe roster if he hadn't been called up as injury replacements .

No. He's referring to the fact that Xhekaj has been assigned to Laval after being activated off IR

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
He hasn't been a healthy scratch since Dec 1 2022. Quite the feat for a supposed 8th D
there is no supposed, hes 8th in average icetime. hes likely been able to stay in because of other players injuries. when everyone is healthy it looks like the habs coaching staff turn to the other dmen first. not a promising sign considering the habs dcore is among the worst in the league.

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020
He's 22, has 68 NHL games experience and 0 AHL. He's still developing. So yes, he has flaws. Do you believe what he is today is what he'll be in 2-3 years?
One makes a trade of a player at this age based on what you think he will do be not what he has done.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Zadorov requested a trade and is a pending UFA. Calgary was looking to move him. Montreal has zero reason to move Xhekaj. So I ask again. Why would Montreal accept a 3rd for a player that's still under team control, hasn't requested a trade, and the team has no need or desire to move him

What is your problem?

This is literally a thread where the OP asked what you would give up to acquire Arber Xhecaj, and this person responded with their answer and now you're berating them and asking why Montreal would take that trade?

Are you having a hard time following the thread?

Reactions: Ciao

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
there is no supposed, hes 8th in average icetime. hes likely been able to stay in because of other players injuries. when everyone is healthy it looks like the habs coaching staff turn to the other dmen first. not a promising sign considering the habs dcore is among the worst in the league.
Xhekaj started the season with everyone healthy

Lindstrom and Struble will be the ones leaving

Matheson - Savard
Guhle - Barron
Xhekaj - Kovacevic
Harris

this is what a healthy Habs def would look like ( yea i know its bad )

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
That actually might be a decent fit, though I'd rather someone from the 2019 or 2020 drafts.
Wahlstrom drastically needs a change of scenery. With just Barzal healthy, he basically gets pushed out by everyone else on the roster at this moment. WiFi at the very least make games on tv fun to watch when Butch Goring butchers his name like anyone else’s that isn’t Smith or Jones.

Reactions: pth2

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
He's been out injured. Lindstrom/Struble wouldn't even be on tbe roster if he hadn't been called up as injury replacements .

No. He's referring to the fact that Xhekaj has been assigned to Laval after being activated off IR
Injured doesn’t change your TOI per game, he’s still 8th.
He’s still a third pairing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad