OT: Anything Goes 41

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Going to start doing a twice weekly physical therapy session for the next two months to treat my shoulder. The therapist thinks I just have an aggravated case of tendinitis in my left rotator cuff with possible ligament damage, which in turn is causing local pain and spreading it out as I awkwardly overuse other muscles in my back and arm to work around the injury.

Combo of painkillers and especially anti-inflammatories have thankfully cut down the pain in a major way, but I’m basically Bob Dole-ing my arm as a result of it.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Flew home in this crazy storm! Turbulence was insane. We were minutes away from being rerouted and stranded in Indianapolis apparently. I hope you all are doing ok with the storm/wind/floods

Reactions: ChiHawks10

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Flew home in this crazy storm! Turbulence was insane. We were minutes away from being rerouted and stranded in Indianapolis apparently. I hope you all are doing ok with the storm/wind/floods
I was once on a plane from Miami to Vegas, and those flights are always full of people drinking and gearing up for a good time. Anyway, partway through the flight we were suddenly going through a tropical storm that had unexpectedly shifted course. The plane became a ping pong ball. Turbulence like I had never experienced, followed by sudden plunges where the lights would go out for a minute and people would start screaming. I really thought it might be the end. I remember asking the person in my aisle to open the window so we’d know if we were over land or water. Went on for about a twenty minutes. Finally, we made it out of the storm, and everything was quiet. No one on the plane made a peep. Everyone reflecting on their own mortality I guess. After a while, I noticed a couple get up and head to the bathroom. I was sitting near the back. Then I noticed another couple. And then another. And then another. One by one, they’d head back to their seats, whooping it up and high-fiving the other passengers. Was a crazy flight.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I was once on a plane from Miami to Vegas, and those flights are always full of people drinking and gearing up for a good time. Anyway, partway through the flight we were suddenly going through a tropical storm that had unexpectedly shifted course. The plane became a ping pong ball. Turbulence like I had never experienced, followed by sudden plunges where the lights would go out for a minute and people would start screaming. I really thought it might be the end. I remember asking the person in my aisle to open the window so we’d know if we were over land or water. Went on for about a twenty minutes. Finally, we made it out of the storm, and everything was quiet. No one on the plane made a peep. Everyone reflecting on their own mortality I guess. After a while, I noticed a couple get up and head to the bathroom. I was sitting near the back. Then I noticed another couple. And then another. And then another. One by one, they’d head back to their seats, whooping it up and high-fiving the other passengers. Was a crazy flight.
There were a lot of sudden drops and a lot of bumps. Not as bad as what you described though thankfully. But yeah we were definitely on edge and not completely sure we were safe.

Those poor people in Belvidere. I hope no one died. Was it because of the weather or a very old building?

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
There were a lot of sudden drops and a lot of bumps. Not as bad as what you described though thankfully. But yeah we were definitely on edge and not completely sure we were safe.

Those poor people in Belvidere. I hope no one died. Was it because of the weather or a very old building?
I would assume both.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Saw the lineup for the Powertrip Festival:

Friday: GnR and Iron Maiden
Saturday: AC/DC and Ozzy
Sunday: Tool and Metallica

Me and buddy are thinking of hitting it if schedules align. There are no other bands…..just 2 bands per day and they should be bangers.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I've got my daughter in an improv class downtown and I don't like driving from the south side to Old Town for a ninety minute class every Saturday morning. Some family comes in from f***ing North Milwaukee.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Saw the lineup for the Powertrip Festival:

Friday: GnR and Iron Maiden
Saturday: AC/DC and Ozzy
Sunday: Tool and Metallica

Me and buddy are thinking of hitting it if schedules align. There are no other bands…..just 2 bands per day and they should be bangers.
Ozzys' retirement didn't last long.

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
I've got my daughter in an improv class downtown and I don't like driving from the south side to Old Town for a ninety minute class every Saturday morning. Some family comes in from f***ing North Milwaukee.
I don't have kids and probably never will, but I'm sure one day she will look back and cherish those drives with you. Just like most of us with our dads driving us to hockey practice at 6am in the middle of winter.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
My morning was spent working five straight hours preparing documents for a deal where two people are using ten different LLCs and a trust agreement to simultaneously buy nine distinct properties across four counties in two states.

That was exhausting, and man alive I do not envy those people for how many dozens of times they're each going to have to sign their docs due to their ridiculous setup.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
Bought tickets for the new Mario movie for Saturday. This will be my soon-to-be five year-old Mario Kart-loving son's first big screen experience. Really looking forward to him getting his first movie theater experience.
I also saw it today. Absolutely delightful movie. Animation, humor, and action all on point and more nostalgia packed in than I thought was possible.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I wonder if I will ever be rid of these covid symptoms even though I am negative after 6 weeks. I hope the rest of my life isn't like this...... Constant nausea, tinnitus, no energy and sleeping 10 hours + naps, can taste only on the back corners of tongue. If I work out I am totally wiped out for the day and sleep all day so that is out. Doc has no answers. I wonder if having something like celiac which is an autoimmune makes it worse? Who knows but it is a boring life at the moment and I wish it would end.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I wonder if I will ever be rid of these covid symptoms even though I am negative after 6 weeks. I hope the rest of my life isn't like this...... Constant nausea, tinnitus, no energy and sleeping 10 hours + naps, can taste only on the back corners of tongue. If I work out I am totally wiped out for the day and sleep all day so that is out. Doc has no answers. I wonder if having something like celiac which is an autoimmune makes it worse? Who knows but it is a boring life at the moment and I wish it would end.
Sorry to hear of your struggles.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

It can take a few months. Just hang in there.

Reactions: Giovi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad