OT: Anything Goes 41

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
It can take a few months. Just hang in there.
Thanks guys. I had it twice before and it lasted 3-5 days. This time it is really being a pain. I just want to work out again, go hiking, things I usually do that I cannot now. I am hoping in a month or two it is gone? Hopefully. I want to be myself again and am getting impatient.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Mentioned this all the way back in May of last year, but my old man had been diagnosed with gastroesophageal cancer (it's cancer that's right at the junction between the stomach and esophagus). Really nasty cancer that has an ugly survival rate.

Well, after a long and grueling process that involved numerous surgeries and lots of chemo, we went to the oncologist today and a recent Pet Scan didn't show anything, nor did any blood work. 'Complete remission' is the wording the doctor used and we just have to be diligent with scans and such for the next few years in case it manages to return.

Feels good though. Really fortunate with it so far considering how dire this particular cancer can be.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Mentioned this all the way back in May of last year, but my old man had been diagnosed with gastroesophageal cancer (it's cancer that's right at the junction between the stomach and esophagus). Really nasty cancer that has an ugly survival rate.

Well, after a long and grueling process that involved numerous surgeries and lots of chemo, we went to the oncologist today and a recent Pet Scan didn't show anything, nor did any blood work. 'Complete remission' is the wording the doctor used and we just have to be diligent with scans and such for the next few years in case it manages to return.

Feels good though. Really fortunate with it so far considering how dire this particular cancer can be.
Terrific news!

Reactions: CallMeShaft

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015

Awesome news!

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Awesome to hear. This is the same cancer that claimed mine and Pez's Dad just a couple years ago. Really happy to hear he's doing well, and is cancer-free. Congrats bud!

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Happy for you brother.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Thanks guys. I had it twice before and it lasted 3-5 days. This time it is really being a pain. I just want to work out again, go hiking, things I usually do that I cannot now. I am hoping in a month or two it is gone? Hopefully. I want to be myself again and am getting impatient.
I had Covid symptoms for a couple days just before Thanksgiving. I tested positive for 2-3 days then negative. I had a cough and similar tiredness when working out for 3 months after. It was crazy. I kind of just powered through it and kept working out and that definitely helped. But I also don't have kids so I can just crash out and sleep whenever. It finally went away like end of February.

Reactions: Putt Pirate

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I had Covid symptoms for a couple days just before Thanksgiving. I tested positive for 2-3 days then negative. I had a cough and similar tiredness when working out for 3 months after. It was crazy. I kind of just powered through it and kept working out and that definitely helped. But I also don't have kids so I can just crash out and sleep whenever. It finally went away like end of February.
Thanks for showing there is hope. had a setback l last week but hoping to plow through it this week and get out put to rest.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Covid was odd for me. My first time was pre-vaccination, I had horrible bone chills for 3 or so days and seemingly permanently lost my sense of taste and smell, but somehow never tested positive for it. The latter symptoms makes it either covid or just an enormous coincidence. Going ahead and assuming it was covid, as it was the worst I ever felt from any disease aside from a horrible food poisoning vomiting session.

Second bout was after getting vaccinated, and it was thankfully a walk in the park aside from pretty prolonged lethargy for a month or so afterwards. For that one, I was testing positive for almost three weeks, too.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I'm just having a bad run of health unfortunately last couple months. I guess the way it goes as you get older? But I am in good shape for my age which helps. But now other things are cropping up and headed for a CT Scan this week then other stuff. It will all be OK in the end I tell myself. Luckily my work is patient but they need me in a couple places and travel now is extremely hard but going to try it tomorrow with a visit to Nashville. Depending on how that goes I will circle with my Prez and explain things for near term. The little lady is very concerned and I hide things from her at the moment to keep things more simple and not have her worry so much as I am worrying enough for both.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

Good to hear

I'm just having a bad run of health unfortunately last couple months. I guess the way it goes as you get older? But I am in good shape for my age which helps. But now other things are cropping up and headed for a CT Scan this week then other stuff. It will all be OK in the end I tell myself. Luckily my work is patient but they need me in a couple places and travel now is extremely hard but going to try it tomorrow with a visit to Nashville. Depending on how that goes I will circle with my Prez and explain things for near term. The little lady is very concerned and I hide things from her at the moment to keep things more simple and not have her worry so much as I am worrying enough for both.
Feel better

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Can’t believe what Brandon Johnson said about those hundreds of kids stomping on people's cars. No accountability, no punishment. People who are already afraid of coming to the city are going to see that news clip and never want to come here again. WTF is happening? It feels like the city is dying

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Can’t believe what Brandon Johnson said about those hundreds of kids stomping on people's cars. No accountability, no punishment. People who are already afraid of coming to the city are going to see that news clip and never want to come here again. WTF is happening? It feels like the city is dying
Always someone else’s fault

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
I wonder if I will ever be rid of these covid symptoms even though I am negative after 6 weeks. I hope the rest of my life isn't like this...... Constant nausea, tinnitus, no energy and sleeping 10 hours + naps, can taste only on the back corners of tongue. If I work out I am totally wiped out for the day and sleep all day so that is out. Doc has no answers. I wonder if having something like celiac which is an autoimmune makes it worse? Who knows but it is a boring life at the moment and I wish it would end.

Raising glutathione levels through supplementing L-glutathione, NAC, etc have helped my post-covid symptoms.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
It wont have much of an effect on anything. Chicago wasn't known for it's safety before, this won't move the needle much.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Didn’t know where else to post this, so I figured I’d do it here. Mods please let me know if it’s a no go.

Friends at EA and Capcom sent me codes for the Xbox Series S/X versions of the Resident Evil 4 remake and PGA 23. Im hoping to get a $25 xbox store credit for each. If you’re interested, let me know. I figured I’d post here first before going to Resdit or Resetera since Im more active here.

Shoot me a DM if interested, first come first serve.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Wasn't even the worst video/attack

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Didn’t know where else to post this, so I figured I’d do it here. Mods please let me know if it’s a no go.

Friends at EA and Capcom sent me codes for the Xbox Series S/X versions of the Resident Evil 4 remake and PGA 23. Im hoping to get a $25 xbox store credit for each. If you’re interested, let me know. I figured I’d post here first before going to Resdit or Resetera since Im more active here.

Shoot me a DM if interested, first come first serve.
There's actually an OT gaming thread if you look down in the thread list.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
It really hits home when someone like me returns to the city and sees what its like now. Company pulled out officially two years ago but still have some family in the area and in IN. It was sickening to literally see homeless in the airport. You hear things but don't really believe it til you see it. I mean the airport is obviously the first impression travelers get of a place. It boggles the mind that things have been allowed to fall so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad