OT: Anything Goes 41

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Been in Vermont couple months now. I miss the culture and the food of the big city, but enjoy the quiet and simple life Vermont offers. Also I save a shit ton of money. I think Ill keep my place here for the winter months and ski season but I don't think I could be here forever. 5-7 years Ill probably head elsewhere. San Diego still calls my name.

Also I bought a ring..

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Been in Vermont couple months now. I miss the culture and the food of the big city, but enjoy the quiet and simple life Vermont offers. Also I save a shit ton of money. I think Ill keep my place here for the winter months and ski season but I don't think I could be here forever. 5-7 years Ill probably head elsewhere. San Diego still calls my name.

Also I bought a ring..
BooM congrats

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Ive had it for a while actually but just don't know when to use it lol we haven't done anything in a while with moving and stuff feel like I should just rip it at breakfast one day or something.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Have been looking to relocate. Bought my house in early 2012. It's gone up a lot in value. With interest rates what they are I'm dying on the Southside with my $1200 mortgage. I genuinely feel awful for anyone trying to buy under the age of 25. This is insanity.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

TJBrocker

May 6, 2019
Have been looking to relocate. Bought my house in early 2012. It's gone up a lot in value. With interest rates what they are I'm dying on the Southside with my $1200 mortgage. I genuinely feel awful for anyone trying to buy under the age of 25. This is insanity.
We're early thirties and struggling!

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

1683227876094.png

Only $25 to attend his lecture this Saturday.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I think the controversy over the Blackhawks nickname and logo can be solved by shortening the nickname to just "Hawks" and changing the logo to the bird called hawk. It would be similar to how the Tri-Cities Blackhawks of the NBA rebranded as the Hawks upon moving to Milwaukee in 1951 (they later moved to St. Louis and are now based in Atlanta).
Not here, dude.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Beautiful. What's the body of water?
Ottauqueeche river.

They dam it to create a lake on the NH, VT border and it cuts through the gorge.

This state is awesome, though. Just bought two kayaks and some life vests and were gonna rip up the white river next weekend.

Also I live like an hour from the NH border and they have no sales tax and that is awesome.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It's not, you just have to look for it. Starved Rock and really anywhere in the Illinois River Valley, and northwest in the Apple River Valley are both gorgeous areas of Illinois.
Been to starved rock many times. Went to Galena last fall as well and made a detour to drive through those valleys. Both beautiful places. We're not near the oceanic coasts or near any mountain ranges which limits our local landscape. Illinois is ok but very few must see things in nature. Lake Michigan being the most impressive IMO as it really does look like an ocean and the bright blues you see on a sunny day are gorgeous.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Galena was a shock to behold when we visited. Fun small town with a great tourist zone and a beautiful area all around it. Anyone that’s looking for a date weekend but not wanting to break the bank or travel very far should look at Galena.

And maybe it’s the Central Illinoisan in me, but there is a quiet and calm beauty to the countryside down here.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Galena was a shock to behold when we visited. Fun small town with a great tourist zone and a beautiful area all around it. Anyone that’s looking for a date weekend but not wanting to break the bank or travel very far should look at Galena.

And maybe it’s the Central Illinoisan in me, but there is a quiet and calm beauty to the countryside down here.

The parking in downtown Galena is a bish though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad