OT: Anything Goes 41

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Been seeing this girl for a minute. She came over last night and ESPN was on in the background after the hockey game and boxing or ufc was on. She asked me what the letters under the fighters names meant. I told her the letters stood for where a person was from.

She asked me if I was rooting for the guy from AUS Austin or the guy from PHI Philadelphia.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Been seeing this girl for a minute. She came over last night and ESPN was on in the background after the hockey game and boxing or ufc was on. She asked me what the letters under the fighters names meant. I told her the letters stood for where a person was from.

She asked me if I was rooting for the guy from AUS Austin or the guy from PHI Philadelphia.

Lol!!

I was also watching boxing last night. Not sure why. But I was shocked how long they let the guy go after he clearly couldn’t even stand up straight.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

To her credit she’s at least feigning interest.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

So, not a geography major? :laugh:

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
My girlfriend is similar. She won't get it wrong twice but she was adopted so I don't hold it against her. She always said at school she was thinking about a lot of other things rather than learning.

She saw the word sesame and pronounced it Sea-Sam. Never let her live that one down.

• Love
Reactions: Putt Pirate

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
The little lady, while driving through the rockies one evening, asked why there were no street lights on the roads as she was super nervous driving at dark in mountains. We still get a good yuck out of that when it comes up.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Not sure if we have any Fast & Furious fans in here.

But.. I am going to Fast X tonight. Not because I want to, but because my brother does, and I am just too nice to say no if he asks to go. Plus I love me some popcorn and pop.

Anyway, for whatever reason, I have rewatched a bunch of the previous movies. I was curious when this franchise went from "that's stupid crazy but okay fine" to "what the actual f**k man." And it was Fast & Furious 6.

Anyway, can't wait to have some buttered popcorn, a Cherry Pepsi, and sit there and laugh at the craziness of it all.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois

But.. I am going to Fast X tonight. Not because I want to, but because my brother does, and I am just too nice to say no if he asks to go. Plus I love me some popcorn and pop.

Anyway, for whatever reason, I have rewatched a bunch of the previous movies. I was curious when this franchise went from "that's stupid crazy but okay fine" to "what the actual f**k man." And it was Fast & Furious 6.

Anyway, can't wait to have some buttered popcorn, a Cherry Pepsi, and sit there and laugh at the craziness of it all.

Fast and the Furious is my favorite trailer franchise, I absolutely love seeing their commercials. That somehow has never lead me to be interested in watching the movies, though.

I do love that the series apparently went from stealing DVD players to going to outer space.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Fast and the Furious is my favorite trailer franchise, I absolutely love seeing their commercials. That somehow has never lead me to be interested in watching the movies, though.

I do love that the series apparently went from stealing DVD players to going to outer space.

The most positive reviews I’ve seen about Fast X is that it’s better than Fast 9. So that should tell you something.

That said, this movie will still kill at the box office, which is why it’ll get to be a three part finale like they’re planning.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

I saw the first one and Tokyo drift. My old curmudgeon dad loves the f***ing series. I don't get it, but I don't think I have too. If it's fun for you go nuts.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Funnily enough I used the phrase f*** me running tonight and nobody in the party had any idea what I meant. Is that not a common phrase?
My dads from Indiana and said that all the time growing up. I haven’t heard any of my other friends fathers use it. I’m probably the only person I’ve ever heard use it other than my dad. So now you’re the third. Maybe it’s a Midwest thing.

Reactions: DisgruntledHawkFan

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
It's the goofiest corporation I can imagine. One site in Illinois. One site in Michigan. One site in Ohio. Five sites in Iowa. Five sites in Texas. Multiple locations in f***ing El Salvador. Have a restaurant in Dubai. Like what are we doing?

• Wow
Reactions: QueerGirrl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad