OT: Anything Goes 41

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019
I had just picked myself up a series s as an early birthday present to myself. Anybody play chel or anything else want to get into a game sometime?

Have any of you been skydiving before? My friend group and are are probably doing it sometime soon. So scary to think about! Could be the experience of a lifetime though
I’d have to be paid handsomely to jump out of a plane but I know quite a few people that have done it, mainly for airborne training.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Have any of you been skydiving before? My friend group and are are probably doing it sometime soon. So scary to think about! Could be the experience of a lifetime though

I have many times, but only tandem with pros/guides.

The first 20-30 seconds are terrifying cause thats when you’re accelerating to terminal velocity. The acceleration is what your inner ear registers most, acceleration is what causes the butterflies in your stomach, whether you’re jumping out of a plane or on a roller-coaster.

Once you hit terminal velocity, it’s actually… kinda boring. Very windy. Great view. If you’re tandem, you might do what I did and ask your pro to spread out their limbs with you to increase air resistance and slow down for abit… then you both pike (either feet first or in a dive) to accelerate again, just to get those butterflies going. Or you can ask him to help you spin, flip, etc, if you want to play with the sense of weightlessness at terminal velocity.

It really is only terrifying for those first 30 seconds though. Landing is a bit of a jolt, but the pro takes most of the impact and guides you through.

If you’re going solo… I got nothing. I’d probably pop my chute as soon as I was clear of the plane 😂

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I've wanted to skydive my whole life. Waited too long instead of going when I was in my 20's in good shape. There's a weight limit of 230lbs for tandem, I believe. I was recently at like 266lbs for about the last 10 years. I'm down to around 255, but with 3 kids and a wife, I'm going to skip it at this point, even if I get under that mark. For obvious reasons. No point in leaving my wife and kids to fend for themselves just so I can get a rush.

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
When I was younger it seemed like one of those things that got brought up all the time and everyone claimed to be up for, but no one would ever commit when it came time to book.

Never have, might one day.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
This version of covid is not agreeing with me. Still sick….still positive after 9 days. Slight improvements but overall it has been a pain and annoying.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Let the bells ring out and the banners fly:

A German Brewery is going to introduce tge Workd's 1st Powdered Beer...just add water
....this is revolutionayv or beer delivery....big cost savings. Should drop price of beer...and the good news continues in that they expect this drops CO2 emissions by 3-5%...but even better...this is for real German Beer ...not thecsoap water that passes for beer (you know Bud or Coors any of tge non-craft commercial suds that pass as beers in the U S.....pn the other hand,there are places i tge U.S where adding the local water is Dangerous to your health...In those places,they would prefer canned beer or bottled beer from places they know the water table was not (YET) contaminated by train chenical spills or by water leaking from nuclear plants.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Let the bells ring out and the banners fly:

A German Brewery is going to introduce tge Workd's 1st Powdered Beer...just add water
....this is revolutionayv or beer delivery....big cost savings. Should drop price of beer...and the good news continues in that they expect this drops CO2 emissions by 3-5%...but even better...this is for real German Beer ...not thecsoap water that passes for beer (you know Bud or Coors any of tge non-craft commercial suds that pass as beers in the U S.....pn the other hand,there are places i tge U.S where adding the local water is Dangerous to your health...In those places,they would prefer canned beer or bottled beer from places they know the water table was not (YET) contaminated by train chenical spills or by water leaking from nuclear plants.
Wonder how they made the alcohol a powder?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Wonder how they made the alcohol a powder?

giphy.gif

Reactions: Putt Pirate

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
View attachment 675028

That is pretty interesting! Only thing is they just take high % alcohol and dehydrate it then add to the solution/beer whatever. For bourbons, scotch, wine, etc. that would not work as well since you want the fermentation souring, fusels and tech oils for flavoring. So for something like a white claw great. Wine, etc. it would not taste correct. I do not see this as viable to be honest but it would save a lot of waste with bottles and such. maybe someone smart will figure the rest out eventually.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Dealing with some damn annoying back and shoulder pains due to an injury suffered last week (that aggravated an injury from a few years back). Got a freaking toradol injection yesterday, albeit a much lower dose than what they shoot into busted QB ankles in the NFL, and on an opioid though trying to not use it as often as prescribed.

Whole lot of not fun stuff.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Dealing with some damn annoying back and shoulder pains due to an injury suffered last week (that aggravated an injury from a few years back). Got a freaking toradol injection yesterday, albeit a much lower dose than what they shoot into busted QB ankles in the NFL, and on an opioid though trying to not use it as often as prescribed.

Not Fun Shogun

Get better soon.

Reactions: No Fun Shogun

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

As a drug and alcohol addict being told by medical professionals to use opioids sounds like a great weekend. You're smart to be wary.

Hope you feel better bud

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
As a drug and alcohol addict being told by medical professionals to use opioids sounds like a great weekend. You're smart to be wary.

Hope you feel better bud
I heard a stat that if you re-up on your initial pain medication subscription a single time, the likelihood you’re going to become addicted to it skyrockets. I heard it on a podcast so I don’t remember the exact figure but it was very scary to hear.

Glad to hear you’ve shaken it DHF, takes a lot of guts.

NFS best of luck to you my man! TOTK can’t get here soon enough :yo:

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I heard a stat that if you re-up on your initial pain medication subscription a single time, the likelihood you’re going to become addicted to it skyrockets. I heard it on a podcast so I don’t remember the exact figure but it was very scary to hear.

Glad to hear you’ve shaken it DHF, takes a lot of guts.

NFS best of luck to you my man! TOTK can’t get here soon enough :yo:
I was pretty high functioning. Appreciate it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad