OT: Anything Goes 35 - Tony O Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Not sure if this should be going here or in the NFL thread, but for the fantasy football guys/gals out there, how many of you do auctions? Our league is finally making the change and I'm trying to work through some strategies in my head.

Nothing is more boring about talking about other people's fantasy teams, but since this is about the auction draft format as a whole, I thought it wouldn't be as annoying.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Not sure if this should be going here or in the NFL thread, but for the fantasy football guys/gals out there, how many of you do auctions? Our league is finally making the change and I'm trying to work through some strategies in my head.

Nothing is more boring about talking about other people's fantasy teams, but since this is about the auction draft format as a whole, I thought it wouldn't be as annoying.

My bigger money league is auction format.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
My bigger money league is auction format.

Do you prefer it?

What's your strategy in terms of nominating guys? Do you nominate guys that you are interested in or nominate guys that you aren't to draw out some money?

What do you do in terms of budget? Just use a cheat sheet (espn, whatever) and try to stay close to the recommended values?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Only did it once this year in baseball and got my ass handed to me. Don’t buy a bunch of elite guys and assume you can fill in the gaps would be my advice. We should do a football league here, auction would be cool too. I suck at fantasy football but would still be down to join.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Do you prefer it?

What's your strategy in terms of nominating guys? Do you nominate guys that you are interested in or nominate guys that you aren't to draw out some money?

What do you do in terms of budget? Just use a cheat sheet (espn, whatever) and try to stay close to the recommended values?

I 100% prefer it. I tend to put up players that I don't want but I know the guys in my league do early to push for steals later in the draft. I draft rookies for cheap whenever possible.

I use the cheat sheets but I also have spread sheet things as well will customs values in the past.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

I’ve done a few and I don’t particularly care for it, but I do pretty well. I rank players in tiers and my whole strategy is getting guys at the beginning of that tier at or below market rate because you don’t want to be bidding on the last tier 2 WR on the board with two other guys that don’t have a WR yet.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I’ve always liked fantasy baseball and hockey way more than football. Football is way too much luck.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Anyone here have U-Verse or had it before? Bundling internet and TV?

Comcast has been what I have always had for TV but it has gotten so costly along with issues I have had (Tech issues that seem to be plaguing my service in recent months) as well as horrible customer service which seems to have gotten worse somehow

Comcast for me was usually = Product works well but is a tad bit pricey but service is horrible when you have issue

Now its essentially = Product is having issues constantly , is far more costly and the tech/service department seems to hate you for bothering them

I am looking at U-Verse and dropping Comcast

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI

Comcast has been what I have always had for TV but it has gotten so costly along with issues I have had (Tech issues that seem to be plaguing my service in recent months) as well as horrible customer service which seems to have gotten worse somehow

Comcast for me was usually = Product works well but is a tad bit pricey but service is horrible when you have issue

Now its essentially = Product is having issues constantly , is far more costly and the tech/service department seems to hate you for bothering them

UVerse is awful. Don't do it.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

I have Comcast and while I'm happy with the product itself, the price is too much. I'm going to try to renegotiate with them soon, although I've been dragging my feet. Dealing with their customer service is like going to the dentist.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
UVerse is awful. Don't do it.

What aspect is awful?

I have Comcast and while I'm happy with the product itself, the price is too much. I'm going to try to renegotiate with them soon, although I've been dragging my feet. Dealing with their customer service is like going to the dentist.

The customer service went from going to dentist and getting root canal bad to going to dentist getting root canal , having your teeth shattered from being punched in face , your wallet taken from you and then being told your going to get a bill in mail and to have nice day

Seriously Comcast customer service is easily among the worst ever and I have always wondered why it is so terrible and why company doesn't seem to care that its rep is so bad in that aspect

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
What aspect is awful?

The customer service went from going to dentist and getting root canal bad to going to dentist getting root canal , having your teeth shattered from being punched in face , your wallet taken from you and then being told your going to get a bill in mail and to have nice day

Seriously Comcast customer service is easily among the worst ever and I have always wondered why it is so terrible and why company doesn't seem to care that its rep is so bad in that aspect
I've known people who have U-Verse. It's trash. The only service out there worse is WOW. Dish Network would be a better option, tbh.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
What aspect is awful?

Because all dish service sucks? If you want your game or show to go out constantly because it's overcast, feel free to switch. My parents switched to it for a year and as soon as the contract expired, they switched back to Xfinity. Their dish had nothing in the way of their service, no trees, nothing, and the slightest cloudy day would cause it to go out for hours at a time. Had them there like 6 times to look at it but could never find an issue... because the issue is dish service sucks.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
What aspect is awful?

Just called them last week. Been having problems too. After the half hour or more it took to talk to somebody, it finally got fixed. All I wanted was to get the reset signal beamed in. IIRC, this used to be possible using the automation, maybe I missed it.

Anyway, the guy told me sending the signal wouldn’t do anything and they had to schedule a technician. I said it cannot be that bad, just send the signal anyway and let’s go from there. The signal worked. He still wanted to send someone and mentioned they might not be willing to send someone if it happens again. But I’m not inviting one of their technicians in to potentially mess it up, at least not while it is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad