OT: Anything Goes 35 - Tony O Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Any of the dad's out there have a good way to get out a really really bad hair tangle? Our two year old twirls her hair alot and has a big rats nest in her hair. We might have to cut her hair to get it out. My wife is not handling it well. I find it kind of amusing but know better than to express that, lol.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Any of the dad's out there have a good way to get out a really really bad hair tangle? Our two year old twirls her hair alot and has a big rats nest in her hair. We might have to cut her hair to get it out. My wife is not handling it well. I find it kind of amusing but know better than to express that, lol.
I’m not sure about a two year old but I have to make sure my eight year old conditions her hair and we use detangling spray sometimes.

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Detangling spray and brushing.

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I have had no problem with Uverse. However, the local cable provider and ATT are having a dispute and FOX and ABC are currently not being carried. If they don't get this figured out by the start of football season I'm changing my provider

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Cable companies change their promotions and pricing so often, it’s advisable to call now and then to see if you can get a better deal. I called my company recently, and they lowered my bill by $75 and threw in a couple premium channels for free.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Cable companies change their promotions and pricing so often, it’s advisable to call now and then to see if you can get a better deal. I called my company recently, and they lowered my bill by $75 and threw in a couple premium channels for free.

I always do this after my promo runs out. Wait one month paying the higher price then tell them I'm going to change if they can't cut me a deal.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
I always do this after my promo runs out. Wait one month paying the higher price then tell them I'm going to change if they can't cut me a deal.
I called Comcast twice and they refused to do anything for me. I eventually switched to YouTube TV and they finally offered me a better deal but I told them it was too late. Very happy with YouTube TV and saving about $108 a month from what I was paying Comcast.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Car insurance is another one where people can usually save a good chunk of change if they put in the effort. These things all add up.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I called Comcast twice and they refused to do anything for me. I eventually switched to YouTube TV and they finally offered me a better deal but I told them it was too late. Very happy with YouTube TV and saving about $108 a month from what I was paying Comcast.

I would love to go with a streaming service for TV, but my interest just isn't reliable enough right now.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Car insurance is another one where people can usually save a good chunk of change if they put in the effort. These things all add up.

My insurance guy requotes for us every year and we typically save. He is a good friend so that helps as well.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Was jogging in the park at twilight, left the path to avoid a cluster of people, cane down on an uneven spot of ground and rolled my ankle. Took me two hours to get home doing a hopalong Cassidy. Hurts like hell. Ruined our weekend plans. Not sure how long I’ll be on crutches. I may be particularly ornery around here in the coming days.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Was jogging in the park at twilight, left the path to avoid a cluster of people, cane down on an uneven spot of ground and rolled my ankle. Took me two hours to get home doing a hopalong Cassidy. Hurts like hell. Ruined our weekend plans. Not sure how long I’ll be on crutches. I may be particularly ornery around here in the coming days.

Ankle injuries suck. The absolute worst. I feel your pain. I've had numerous ankle injuries, and even the most minor one can be awful.

Reactions: hawksrule

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Ouch. Ankle injuries are the worst. Did you go down when it happened?

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Ouch. Ankle injuries are the worst. Did you go down when it happened?

I would have if not for a small tree that broke my fall, that I was clutching for dear life. It must have looked like we were making love. I’ve never sprained an ankle before, and I was worried that if I went down I wouldn’t be able to get up.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Streaming services do save you a ton of money. I think PlayStation Vue is the best for a sports fan. Living in Florida, directv isn’t that popular here. Spectrum sucks. AT&T finally just brought their fiber service here. Get 300 up and down for 30 dollars a month less than what I paid for 50 down and 10 up. Crazy that they allowed Brighthouse/Spectrum to have a monopoly that long on central Florida.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Tree trunks for legs.

That's most hockey players, honestly.

Biggest issue all hockey players have is finding pants that fit right in pre-made sizes. Lol. They'll always be fine length and waist, but they don't fit in the ass and thighs at all.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
That's most hockey players, honestly.

Biggest issue all hockey players have is finding pants that fit right in pre-made sizes. Lol. They'll always be fine length and waist, but they don't fit in the ass and thighs at all.

Yep it was an issue for me starting HS. A lot of tailoring work done at the local tailor (I was picky).

Reactions: ChiHawks10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad