OT: Anything Goes 35 - Tony O Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Some of you have pretty easy to find social media profiles so you aren't too hard to stalk down.

My own boss thinks I'm working deep cover for the CIA(he was joking obviously) because there's such a tiny social media footprint for me out there. You'll find some Twitter stuff, but my social media is basically non-existent.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Rough 2 weeks for my wife’s side of the family.

-two weeks ago an assisted living facility killed her grandmother, who normally lives with her parents, but they paid for them to watch her for 2 weeks just get a break from how much care she needs.

-a week ago her mom had her gallbladder removed, routine stuff..... except something went wrong and she had to be rushed back to the hospital and is now going on night 3.

-FIL is having critical spine surgery today which may or may not fix a condition that can possibly paralyze him from the neck down before the end of the year.

Woof.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
My own boss thinks I'm working deep cover for the CIA(he was joking obviously) because there's such a tiny social media footprint for me out there. You'll find some Twitter stuff, but my social media is basically non-existent.

You're better off without it, ultimately.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

I’m like you. I had one boss who made me get a Facebook years ago, so I’m sure that still exists, but I think I used it for just a week or two at the most. Never even put a picture of me on it

I tried twitter but I’m too lazy to keep up with it.

Never saw the appeal in Instagram.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

-two weeks ago an assisted living facility killed her grandmother, who normally lives with her parents, but they paid for them to watch her for 2 weeks just get a break from how much care she needs.

-a week ago her mom had her gallbladder removed, routine stuff..... except something went wrong and she had to be rushed back to the hospital and is now going on night 3.

-FIL is having critical spine surgery today which may or may not fix a condition that can possibly paralyze him from the neck down before the end of the year.

Woof.

Sorry to hear that.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Woof.
That sucks Ray. Sorry to hear.

Reactions: RayP

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I wish I didn't have to be on social media as much. But it's my job and I'm also a ... "personality" in a very very very small sense of the word. But it helps maintain relationships and whatnot. If I didn't need Facebook I would totally just go with Instagram. At least there are pretty pictures

Reactions: Blue Liner

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I only had a Twitter and Facebook. I don’t tweet and only use my Twitter for news and mostly follow hockey guys. I stopped using my Facebook during the election. Couldn’t keep reading awful opinions of people I don’t care about. Then I decided I was probably happier without and never went back. Should probably log back in to delete it now that I’m thinking about it.

Reactions: Blue Liner

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Haven’t used Facebook since it first came out minus one summer 10-12 years ago. Never used Twitter, Instagram, etc. This is the only place I post. Would definitely use social media as a business tool but have no desire to use it to stay connected. And since stopping watching the news after the last election, I wouldn’t have much to say about current events anyway.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Twitter is kind of a business and networking tool for me, and I like the updates and news. Could I live without it? Of course, but it actually serves some purpose for me. I wrestle daily with taking myself off Facebook for a multitude of reasons.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I use Twitter and Slack like all day. Insta for food I make and pictures of baseball parks.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Use twitter for sports news, hardly post myself other than the occasional reply to a Scott Powers or someone like that. Facebook is so family can see pictures of my kids, don't post other than that. That's it for me. You clowns are the lucky few who are blessed with my thoughts online.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
The biggest part our job is now dispelling all the false rumors circulating on twitter / social media.

Some years ago, my ex girlfriend (we still stayed friends) was the Resident Affiliate at the Kirkland House at Harvard. Mark Zuckerberg was assigned to the Kirkland House. She was not a fan.

Don't live in paranoia, but LIMIT your digital footprint. Our fund invests in a lot of tech firms ... and some of them aren't the most trust worthy. That's just my two cents.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Social media absolutely has its drawbacks but as a younger person, I haven't ran into any job or anything really where it has held me back/had things on there I didn't like. Just have to be aware that once you put it out there, its out there, and as long as you do that you're fine. I don't put anything out there I don't want ANYONE to see. I don't care if its people I don't know.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Everyone knows C.I.A funded the invention of the internet and then on to find and control all the social media giants... Huge0 info control and monitoring info on all aspects of isers's preferences,thoughts and activities...shaping the narrative of the story they and Derp Syate wantvyou to believe.and act on..

Nobody now knows what to believe...a lotbis staged theatre ...They track you..they influe ce you..they know where you are and what you are doing...they got ya!

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Everyone knows C.I.A funded the invention of the internet and then on to find and control all the social media giants... Huge0 info control and monitoring info on all aspects of isers's preferences,thoughts and activities...shaping the narrative of the story they and Derp Syate wantvyou to believe.and act on..

Nobody now knows what to believe...a lotbis staged theatre ...They track you..they influe ce you..they know where you are and what you are doing...they got ya!

Luckily for you, they probably can’t decipher what you’re saying anyway.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I didnt use it at all until about 5-6 years ago. I was actually being told that nobody could find out anything about me so I started using it because I thought I couldn't get a job without a SM presence. @ChiHawks10 I know what kind of shit this stuff gathers and I try not to think about it. There was a time when I stopped playing video games or wouldn't use a smart phone because I'd refuse to enter into forced arbitration agreements. Eventually, I realized I couldn't function in modern society without these things. I know the risks and I do them begrudgingly. If I could get away with it, I wouldn't do it but life is too f***ing difficult without these things. It's criminal that companies can get away with this shit. The huge problem is that as long as computers exist you're either going to have privacy or convenience. Part of me wishes that society decided en masse to not put up with this, and rejected the digital life.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009

And that satisfies my need for a daily dose of crazy.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad