Around the League Thread | Pre-Season Approaches

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Yeah, I looked at the footage a couple of more times and it could've definitely ended much much worse. Almost as if his ankle was gonna bend into right angle, jeez.

Hope he'll be OK.
He turns 35 in Dec, I think this injury will be the point when his game starts to decline. I don’t know if I should feel bad because I’ve always hated him as a kings player.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah, I looked at the footage a couple of more times and it could've definitely ended much much worse. Almost as if his ankle was gonna bend into right angle, jeez.

Hope he'll be OK.
Injuries at his age are harder and harder to fully return to form from.

Can LA survive without his 25+ a minutes a game?

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I'd be extremely surprised if LA made the playoffs at this point. Even before the Doughty injury, I thought they had an extremely uninspiring offseason and I cannot imagine player morale is great there.

Reactions: andora and arttk

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I'd be extremely surprised if LA made the playoffs at this point. Even before the Doughty injury, I thought they had an extremely uninspiring offseason and I cannot imagine player morale is great there.
Rob Blake will skate with the players until morale improves

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Very well said. I still find it incredible how so many people started blaming Green when the roster construction was 99% to blame.

As you said the many people jumping and piling on to call out Green should re-evaluate their understanding of what was happening on the team on that point. Obviously he is a good enough coach that informed hockey people keep giving him chances. Should tell people something. As you said it often takes a coach several iterations before they come into their own. He's just a regular coach who coached poorly built hockey teams.
Yes, but lets not forget that he had a big say in which players they signed. He's way worse than you're admitting despite being correct about how bad the rosters he had to work with. He got a massive amount of good will from the media and the fans for years, when frankly he deserved a little more pushback. I liked the hire and felt his frustration after they made the playoffs that one year, but he also played a part in how bad they were. If he had have been fired earlier, I suspect he'd have found another job sooner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad