Value of: Any bad contract with 3 years term or less to the Blackhawks.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
# 28 and Murrray for a mid 2nd
Reily forbet and-lysell. for taylor raddyseh $750K AAV is below league min next year
Laf for 2 3rds
Cal peterson Turcotte 2nd - future consideration
##11 and garland for #19
#13 for murphy and high 2nd

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
If Chicago wanted Yamamoto we could work something out, but we aren't paying you to take him. Mid round pick coming back to Edmonton, and you have yourself a tenacious little honey badger with middle six scoring ability.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Bedard accelerates the rebuild. They simply cant afford to let him get destroyed and pummled everynight on the ice and on the scoreboard. Chicago will likely quickly fill their roster with NHL ready guys.

Canucks would have Boeser, Beuvaullier, Garland and Myers available under those context.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
The Chicago Blackhawks are currently slated to have 41 million in cap space for 2023-2024, and a frankly hilarious 71.6 million in cap space for 2024-2025.

The 2023 free agent class is the poops, and there’s no better way to undermine a rebuild than making some long-term ufa signing on a guy who happened to the best of a bad selection. Most of GMKD’s comments suggest he recognizes this.

So the Blackhawks are gonna need bodies, just to hit the floor. And we still want picks and prospects.

List the contracts you’d like to move and the sweetener(s) you think would get it done.
Hawks should get Kane and Toews back ..maybe even Debrincat and go for it with Bedard.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
If Chicago wanted Yamamoto we could work something out, but we aren't paying you to take him. Mid round pick coming back to Edmonton, and you have yourself a tenacious little honey badger with middle six scoring ability.
My offseason plan involves Yamamoto to Seattle for the lowest of their three 2nds. He's a hometown kid for the Kraken that's scored 20 goals in this league, I think it's good for both sides. I think he needs a fresh start and Edmonton needs someone meatier in a puck retrieval role as a top 6 RW.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Could you possibly be any more salty about the Hawks landing Bedard?
? They're gonna be good with a solid farm system already and now Bedard. What's salty about that?

Get over yourself. This isn’t the way the league works with GM’s competing through spite.
Don't know if it's spite so much as getting creative in order to not make the rich even richer.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Any interest in Arthur Kaliyev or Alex Turcotte and Sean Durzi attached to Cal Petersen? Maybe sending Tyler Johnson back with some sort of retention?

To Chicago:
Alex Turcotte
Sean Durzi
Cal Petersen

To Los Angeles:
Tyler Johnson ($2.5 million retained)

That might leave the Kings enough room to sign both Gavrikov and Korpisalo.

Byfield - Kopitar - Kempe
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Fiala - Johnson - Vilardi
Iafallo - Lizotte - Grundstrom

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Clarke
Bjornfot - Roy

Korpisalo
Copley

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Any interest in Arthur Kaliyev or Alex Turcotte and Sean Durzi attached to Cal Petersen? Maybe sending Tyler Johnson back with some sort of retention?

To Chicago:
Alex Turcotte
Sean Durzi
Cal Petersen

To Los Angeles:

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Clarke
Bjornfot - Roy

Korpisalo
Copley
Los Angles adds a 2nd and 3rd and its a deal

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

To Chicago:
Alex Turcotte
Sean Durzi
Cal Petersen

To Los Angeles:

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Clarke
Bjornfot - Roy

Korpisalo
Copley

Los Angles adds a 2nd and 3rd and its a deal

I'm not even sure the pick is necessary, Turcotte still has value as a prospect with potential that fits the age timeline...

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
If there's friction in New York with Panarin and Toronto with Tavares imagine Chicago landing both of them for nothing a la Max Pacioretty to Carolina. Both contracts have perfect term on them left for Bedard's ELC expiring and Chicago immediately becomes a playoff contender with a Panarin-Tavares-Bedard-Jones (4 on 3) PP

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Sure they can acquire a few guys who are still legitimate NHLers (but mostly bottom 6 even if a couple aren't) but nobody who is going to part of their future. They are going to be awful for a long time to come.
I think you’re wrong about the long time thing. Several D men will come onboard over the next 2 years. 3 good forwards on the team (out of 14 LOL) 2 looking ready in the minors. 2 in JR’s, 2 in college, this years other picks, next years 2 1sts, oh and some kid named Bedard.
Not to mention Commesso and Soderblom in goal.
Not worried about pissing him off. There will also be a slew of cap space in 1 and 2 years as the cap dumps fall aside.
Chicago will be a playoff team (no doubt in my mind) in year 3 of his ELC and thought of as an up and coming team.

I know fans don’t spend much time scouring other team’s prospects. The hawks have done a great job of stocking the cupboard.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
? They're gonna be good with a solid farm system already and now Bedard. What's salty about that?

Don't know if it's spite so much as getting creative in order to not make the rich even richer.
Other teams arent going to worry about their trade partner getting too good, unless it's a divisional foe - in which case, trades are extrememly rare. And nobody is expecting the Hawks to trade with the Blues or Predators here.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
I'm not even sure the pick is necessary, Turcotte still has value as a prospect with potential that fits the age timeline...
Turcotte at this point has very little value , he's like Humpty Dumpty (so many concussions) . Davidson has to be careful which goalie / and or bad contracts he gets to maximize returning assets.

Reactions: JaegerDice

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I think you would be lucky to dump him for free. I think you would be taking back equal salary.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Turcotte at this point has very little value , he's like Humpty Dumpty (so many concussions) . Davidson has to be careful which goalie / and or bad contracts he gets to maximize returning assets.

I see. I wasn't aware of the injury issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad