Value of: Any bad contract with 3 years term or less to the Blackhawks.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Josh Bailey. 1 year $5mil Cap hit $3.5million actually money owed.

Bailey is probably the target that makes most sense and is most realistic.

We can use vet winger for 3rd line for year and the Isles want cap relief.

Isles 2024 2nd is appealing for Hawks to further load up for coming drafts

That is trade I have been pushing since end of year

Reactions: SI90 and OTC

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I think you’re wrong about the long time thing. Several D men will come onboard over the next 2 years. 3 good forwards on the team (out of 14 LOL) 2 looking ready in the minors. 2 in JR’s, 2 in college, this years other picks, next years 2 1sts, oh and some kid named Bedard.
Not to mention Commesso and Soderblom in goal.
Not worried about pissing him off. There will also be a slew of cap space in 1 and 2 years as the cap dumps fall aside.
Chicago will be a playoff team (no doubt in my mind) in year 3 of his ELC and thought of as an up and coming team.

I know fans don’t spend much time scouring other team’s prospects. The hawks have done a great job of stocking the cupboard.
Sounds like you're expecting every prospect to hit their ceiling and on short notice. That won't happen. And there's no way they make the playoffs in year 3. Not even close. Bedard as good as he is, will not lift that team to respectibilty by himself. This ain't the NBA.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
We're fine doing a hockey trade as long as it fills a roster hole. Yamamoto isn't dump.
we would only take him as wtih a sweetener 10 goals at 3.1 is to high for his production. also does not have any size. if it was hockey trade it would be with some one other then hawks.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Sounds like you're expecting every prospect to hit their ceiling and on short notice. That won't happen. And there's no way they make the playoffs in year 3. Not even close. Bedard as good as he is, will not lift that team to respectibilty by himself. This ain't the NBA.
They have more. … probably 5 to 7 college forwards doing well (at or above expectations) I was listing it as 1 in 3 panning out. And this isn’t from draft time when dreams of prospects hitting is rampant.
These guys have an extra year or 3 post draft and are sailing up the charts.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
We're fine doing a hockey trade as long as it fills a roster hole. Yamamoto isn't dump.
Has no value to Chicago without a pick attached to him. He does nothing well enough to justify a return from Chicago.
He doesn’t suck but nothing special and overpaid.
Every team has a few of him.
If you’re not giving a pick with him you need to find another team.

Reactions: hn777

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
The Chicago Blackhawks are currently slated to have 41 million in cap space for 2023-2024, and a frankly hilarious 71.6 million in cap space for 2024-2025.

The 2023 free agent class is the poops, and there’s no better way to undermine a rebuild than making some long-term ufa signing on a guy who happened to the best of a bad selection. Most of GMKD’s comments suggest he recognizes this.

So the Blackhawks are gonna need bodies, just to hit the floor. And we still want picks and prospects.

List the contracts you’d like to move and the sweetener(s) you think would get it done.

Soooo is the three year thing a deal breaker? 'Cause I know of a four year contract the Oilers would like to get rid of.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
They have more. … probably 5 to 7 college forwards doing well (at or above expectations) I was listing it as 1 in 3 panning out. And this isn’t from draft time when dreams of prospects hitting is rampant.
These guys have an extra year or 3 post draft and are sailing up the charts.
Let's revisit in 3 years.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
I’d like that, even if I’m wrong. Not sure how to save and pick a date to go back but here are names that really seem they will meet/exceed the expectations.
(Assume CB is pick 1)

Forwards
Bedard, Dach, Greene, Ludwinski, Nazar, Reichel.
Defense
Allan, DelMastro, Kaiser, Korchinski, Phillips, Rinzel
Goaltenders
Commesso, Soderblom

A few others on the outside of that group who’ve done well
Vlasic, Roos, Regula, Galvas, Teply and Slaggert.

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I don't see why Chicago would take him unless you were adding a sweetener. To Chicago he's a capdump. To other teams, they may offer a similar unproductive overpaid player as long as it fills a roster hole.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
It really doesn’t matter, so not really worth arguing. I figured Greene and Commesso were unproven, and that a 26 year old wing and 24 year old goalie were pretty good starting pieces for a quick rebuild. Most teams don’t like to rebuild and throw away a few years. But like I said it doesn’t matter anyway.

I don’t think Boston makes that deal either. If Boston is gonna trade DeBrusk and Swayman I’m calling up WPG not Chicago.

# 28 and Murrray for a mid 2nd
Reily forbet and-lysell. for taylor raddyseh $750K AAV is below league min next year
Laf for 2 3rds
Cal peterson Turcotte 2nd - future consideration
##11 and garland for #19
#13 for murphy and high 2nd

The Bruins aren’t moving Lysell to save 6 million on the cap when they can just use buyouts to save 5 million.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
He went overseas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad