Prospect Info: Anton Silayev (LD - #10 Overall - Round 1 - 2024 Draft)

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
So, it’s pretty much set in stone that he’s staying 2 years and Russia and coming over after? I don’t mind it at all, the KHL is a good league.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
So, it’s pretty much set in stone that he’s staying 2 years and Russia and coming over after? I don’t mind it at all, the KHL is a good league.
Yes. It would be a surprise for him to leave earlier at this point.

There was some KHL changes that may make getting guys out of contract earlier easier but it sounds like Silayev likes working with his team and Larianov so I don’t think there will be an impetus for him to leave early.

Reactions: Devs3cups

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
-Every time he's not properly referred to as former Devils legend Igor Larionov

1721262699673.png

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

Scouching recap of our draft. Not a fan of him, not agree with some of his takes, but still he is very involve in scouting(on my taste he is involving much more than average hyped writer). And his defensive takes are much better this year.

And recap of senators. For all who does like to draft for politics and toughness.

Last edited:

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Scouching recap of our draft. Not a fan of him, not agree with some of his takes, but still he is very involve in scouting(on my taste he is involving much more than average hyped writer). And his defensive takes are much better this year.

And recap of senators. For all who does like to draft for politics and toughness.

I chuckled at his projections for Yegorov

IMG_8559.jpeg

And Louhivaara

IMG_8560.jpeg

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011

Thanks for sharing!!

Hmmmm…loves Traff. Thinks Silayev was a bit of a reach and that his ceiling is “misrepresented.” Doesn’t seem too high on him.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Thanks for sharing!!

Hmmmm…loves Traff. Thinks Silayev was a bit of a reach and that his ceiling is “misrepresented.” Doesn’t seem too high on him.

I imagine he’s talking about the Hedman comps when he’s talking about the ceiling some say he has and yeah he’s not Hedman.

Reactions: longislanddevil

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Thanks for sharing!!

He isnt high on Silayev. In the same time he thought that Mukhamadullin didnt deserved to be drafted nor in the 1st nor in the 3rd round. And still compared Shakir with Silayev and Okhotyuk and labeled them as a similar type of player(in different video).
So we should take his opinion with a grain on salt. In both ways.

Silayev isnt offensive dynamo but again - like I said before - we know nothing about his offensive potential. Its really nothing for any writer or blogger or even scout. Silayev isnt great with the puck but isnt great doesnt mean he is bad. He has some flashes of higher skill and with his skating ability he can develop his game with the puck many times more. Two times? Four times? I dont know. He played strong defensive role and he did it in MHL too. Nikishin dod the same in the same stage of his career. And again we dont know how far Silayev will develop his transitional game, will he picks his game as Nikishin did. There are strong defensive tools and raw offensive tools. I dont see Hedmans potential, but I see a lot of Slavins potential.

And when Im saying "Slavin's potential" I mean 35-40 points NHL defenseman who is playing a lot of hard minutes against hardest competition, Im not telling about Slavin's 17-18 yo version. Silayev is closer to actual Slavin's version than Slavin was in the same age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad