Confirmed with Link: Johnny Gaudreau has died at the age of 31

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I'm in shock.
I was out of state at a golf torny. Woke up read from a friend of mine on FB about a rumor about it.
Few hours later I saw it on the phone.

First I'm so sorry to is family. Bad enough to have the accident but to lose both boys and the weekend of their sisters wedding. I can not imagine.
I saw her (wifes) post and I cried. Literally cried.

The only comparison I can think of is Payne Stewart (PGA). He died in a plane crash at 42 a far as a pro athlete.

I hate to think about the team (CBJ) right now. Maybe they can somehow pull together but looks bleak (maybe several years of rebuilding). But now is not the time (IMO) to think about the CBJ.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I'm in shock.
I was out of state at a golf torny. Woke up read from a friend of mine on FB about a rumor about it.
Few hours later I saw it on the phone.

First I'm so sorry to is family. Bad enough to have the accident but to lose both boys and the weekend of their sisters wedding. I can not imagine.
I saw her (wifes) post and I cried. Literally cried.

The only comparison I can think of is Payne Stewart (PGA). He died in a plane crash at 42 a far as a pro athlete.

I hate to think about the team (CBJ) right now. Maybe they can somehow pull together but looks bleak (maybe several years of rebuilding). But now is not the time (IMO) to think about the CBJ.
I’m still in shock too. Every time I see a headline or even this thread title it just doesn’t seem real. I’ve been incredibly fortunate to not have experienced pretty much any loss in my life thus far, so this is incredibly hard to get out of my mind. It just seems so impossible.

domi28

Dec 5, 2017
Sean Taylor of the Washington Redskins is the sports star that comes to my mind when I think of someone killed in a senseless act. He wasn't the all around good guy Johnny Hockey was but he had his life straightened out when he was killed and was beloved in Washington.

I think we'll see the CBJ raise a banner in his honor and every team in the league will wear a #13 helmet sticker or sweater patch but somehow that still doesn't feel like enough. While fitting a statue feels cheesy to me so I would propose the city rename the stretch of Nationwide Boulevard in front of NWA Johnny Gaudreau Boulevard.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Never again, when talking about how bad this franchise is, will I say "it couldn't possibly get any worse." This is worse. No one is going to feel sorry for us and gift us a star player in a trade. No one is going to feel sorry for us once the puck drops. This is hard, incredibly hard. Yet we have no choice but to go forward.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Never again, when talking about how bad this franchise is, will I say "it couldn't possibly get any worse." This is worse. No one is going to feel sorry for us and gift us a star player in a trade. No one is going to feel sorry for us once the puck drops. This is hard, incredibly hard. Yet we have no choice but to go forward.
And we will!

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
So I don’t remember how to tag people on the site but to Viqsi, CBJWerenski and DSL I swear to you this post is not meant to upset or offend anyone. I haven’t been posting in a long time but I go way, way, way back on this site and I hope you guys remember my character well enough to know I would never do that. I just have I think something of a unique perspective about this topic and want to help spread some awareness. But if y’all feel it’s inappropriate at this time let me know.

I work in the death care industry. Every day I work with families who have lost someone and they are now the ones responsible for making the final arrangements, often not knowing anything about that person’s wishes.

Just hours after hearing the news about Johnny and Matt on Friday I sat with a family who had lost their young son and brother very unexpectedly. They had already gone to the funeral home the day before and I helped them pick out a cemetery space and design his headstone. We’d previously had some preliminary discussions about burial vs cremation and ultimately they chose burial. Their son had made no indications one way or the other prior to his passing, and honestly probably had never even considered it. I certainly hadn’t at his age. I obviously know nothing about Johnny and Matt but this may be the very scenario their family is going through right now.

My point is that although it’s a tough topic it’s so important to think about it and have a discussion with your loved ones. This is going to be one of the worst days of their lives and knowing that they can help fulfill your wishes really does ease the smallest of burdens. Even if you’re young. At least think about the basics and get it in writing.

Ok soap box put away and thank you for coming to my TED talk.
Thanks for posting this.

Death is a part of life, we have to deal with it. It's not fair sometimes....

Had to also deal with my mother's passing, the day after Johnny's passing. Hers wasn't as tragic, but still hard to comprehend the loss. (battle with pancreatic cancer). We're just dealing with the 'business ' part of it now, so I can imagine what the Gaudreau's are dealing with. Feel terrible for his wife and kids.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Thanks for posting this.

Had to also deal with my mother's passing, the day after Johnny's passing. Hers wasn't as tragic, but still hard to comprehend the loss. (battle with pancreatic cancer). We're just dealing with the 'business ' part of it now, so I can imagine what the Gaudreau's are dealing with. Feel terrible for his wife and kids..

I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a parent, while part of the natural order of things, is still one of the most incredibly difficult journeys in this life. I pray that you and your family find peace and love as you mourn …and celebrate your mother’s life.

Reactions: CBJ goalie

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Thanks for posting this.

Had to also deal with my mother's passing, the day after Johnny's passing. Hers wasn't as tragic, but still hard to comprehend the loss. (battle with pancreatic cancer). We're just dealing with the 'business ' part of it now, so I can imagine what the Gaudreau's are dealing with. Feel terrible for his wife and kids.
Ah, man, goalie. I am so sorry for you and your family. Been there, still doing that. I hope you guys are getting the support you need, both in the organizational/financial and emotional sense.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Thanks for posting this.

I’m so sorry about your mom, losing a parent is so hard.

Duffy13

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
Feb 16, 2013
PEI, Canada
I am rooting for all of you so much right now, I hope you are all able to get through this as best as you can, in the best way possible. It's hard to be prepared for such a tragedy, this all just sucks so much. I am going to be following you all and cheering you on.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
It's hard to believe that it's only been 5 days since his death. Seems longer to me. Many of you have written some heartfelt and wonderful posts. Perhaps his family will see them some day.

About the only solace I can find is that although Johnny and his brother didn't live long lives, by all accounts their lives were rich and fulfilling. They both were accomplished at their profession of hockey, they experienced true romantic love, had wonderful family relationships, many friendships and their legacies will pass through their children with the guidance of their capable mothers.

I can only hope that his family can find peace and acceptance in the shortest amount of time possible.

R.I.P.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad