Confirmed with Link: Johnny Gaudreau has died at the age of 31

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
This is just wrong.
Your whole post is so well-written. I think people understand how important words are to me, and the importance of communication and expressing ideas. So I kind of hate to excerpt it.

But this opening bit right here, clear, concise, brilliant in its brevity... it encapsulates everything I've felt and read over the last couple days.

Last edited:

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
I was looking at someone because it was brought up in another thread here on the forum and when I saw this I legit cried awful for 30 minutes seeing it
1725137791358.png

Can someone make me feel better? How does his remaining contract get paid out? Is it null and void or does it get thrown to insurance and the insurance will pay it off? I know Meredith and their kids are already well off financially but I want to know the peace of mind they will somehow still get the remainer of his contract as its still rather large.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I was looking at someone because it was brought up in another thread here on the forum and when I saw this I legit cried awful for 30 minutes seeing itView attachment 904317

Can someone make me feel better? How does his remaining contract get paid out? Is it null and void or does it get thrown to insurance and the insurance will pay it off? I know Meredith and their kids are already well off financially but I want to know the peace of mind they will somehow still get the remainer of his contract as its still rather large.
I would imagine it no longer applies to the cap and the insurance kicks in and covers it based on whatever insurance coverage they had.

Came to post this

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I was looking at someone because it was brought up in another thread here on the forum and when I saw this I legit cried awful for 30 minutes seeing itView attachment 904317

This is an article from a few years ago that should shed some light. I assume it’s still pretty accurate.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
I didn't know Johnny but he always came off as a really kind person with the kind of heart this world needs more of.

I was on a trip for a couple days, not following news or anything and getting back home this was one of the first things I picked up on browsing headlines... it's just more difficult to believe and take in than most. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
I am totally wrecked by these news. My eyes are just pouring and my body just wants to throw up… I can’t even imagine the pain that the family is going through right now.

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
The minute of silence at the crew match was nice, only really broken by a bad call 50 seconds in. Was followed by a Johnny Hockey chant

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I don't think there are any words that can really express how f***ing shitty this is.

Feel so badly for the families, this is just gut wrenching. I hope the best for them and that the years that come they are able to accept this and find the joy that Johnny always seemed to bring.

Personally, this really takes the shine and hope off next season. It really feels like there will just be a hole there.

Jovavic

Concept of a Plan
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
My uncle died unexpectedly in mid January from a heart attack, my wife and I were with him and my aunt just 24 hours before picking out excursions for a cruise we we're going to take together. After seeing him in the hospital (he was braindead but on machines for a few days) I told my wife as we were walking to the car that the whole situation was bullshit. He was a great guy, devoted to family, fishing, and the Browns. Life is cruel is unfair. "To live is to suffer."

This feels sort of like that to me, but way worse, on a human level. My uncle was in his late 50s, nearing retirement and making plans with my aunt, he lived a good life that was taken 20 years too soon. Johnny just turned 31 and had his whole life with his family ahead of him, and to have that ripped away from him is cruel and unfair.

I'm really not good at writing so I'll stop there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad