Confirmed with Link: Johnny Gaudreau has died at the age of 31

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GeorgesLaRAWK

Mar 12, 2009
Pre-game at FC Cincinnati tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_8161.jpg
    IMG_8161.jpg
    536.8 KB · Views: 1

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Every time I see this thread title I’m still just completely in shock. It’s genuinely impossible to believe this is true.

As a personal note, on Wednesday I was doing a long hike in Glacier National Park. I had multiple comments on my CBJ beanie, lots of Ohio folk visiting around here apparently! One of the comments was from a park ranger, who said “I feel bad for you guys, but I’m rooting for ya”, and I said “I feel bad for us too, but I have hope!”… That hope is gone now. Hopefully it returns, but in this moment it is gone. That conversation suddenly felt a lot different just a few short hours later. I’m sure the ranger has thought about that interaction as well now. Now rather than just a lighthearted self-deprecating conversation, it feels almost ominous. I hate that I had this conversation on this day.

I hate everything about this. And if I, some random fan, feel the way that I do, I can hardly imagine how the Gaudreau family feels. It’s just impossible to believe.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I'm out of the country and just saw the news. My brain isn't really computing, feels unreal. I'm numb. Wtf.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I wish I had found a better quality version of the goal but I want to share this anyway since it's one of my favorite Johnny Gaudreau highlight plays of all time. Just a ridiculous set up for a basically empty net tap-in.

Reactions: majormajor

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
I am still just in and out of waves of sadness and disbelief.

I don’t care what the front office is dreaming up. I think us fans of Johnny, hockey and the Guadreaus need to demand it. I don’t just want a patch on the jersey I want the number retired and/or statue in front of Nationwide Arena.

Johnny is what a role model should be - selfless, unassuming, modest, kind, family first and always pays is forward.

I want to keep reminding everybody of his spirit, choosing Columbus and a reminder of the selfish decisions that were made and are 100% avoidable.

Reactions: GoJackets1

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I don’t care what the front office is dreaming up. I think us fans of Johnny, hockey and the Guadreaus need to demand it. I don’t just want a patch on the jersey I want the number retired and/or statue in front of Nationwide Arena.

Johnny is what a role model should be - selfless, unassuming, modest, kind, family first and always pays is forward.

I want to keep reminding everybody of his spirit, choosing Columbus and a reminder of the selfish decisions that were made and are 100% avoidable.

The people who work for the Blue Jackets and worked with Gaudreau are at least as shattered by this as we are. They are going to do a lot more than a jersey patch.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

Statue probably not but number retired yes, I think.

Reactions: CBJx614

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
So I don’t remember how to tag people on the site but to Viqsi, CBJWerenski and DSL I swear to you this post is not meant to upset or offend anyone. I haven’t been posting in a long time but I go way, way, way back on this site and I hope you guys remember my character well enough to know I would never do that. I just have I think something of a unique perspective about this topic and want to help spread some awareness. But if y’all feel it’s inappropriate at this time let me know.

I work in the death care industry. Every day I work with families who have lost someone and they are now the ones responsible for making the final arrangements, often not knowing anything about that person’s wishes.

Just hours after hearing the news about Johnny and Matt on Friday I sat with a family who had lost their young son and brother very unexpectedly. They had already gone to the funeral home the day before and I helped them pick out a cemetery space and design his headstone. We’d previously had some preliminary discussions about burial vs cremation and ultimately they chose burial. Their son had made no indications one way or the other prior to his passing, and honestly probably had never even considered it. I certainly hadn’t at his age. I obviously know nothing about Johnny and Matt but this may be the very scenario their family is going through right now.

My point is that although it’s a tough topic it’s so important to think about it and have a discussion with your loved ones. This is going to be one of the worst days of their lives and knowing that they can help fulfill your wishes really does ease the smallest of burdens. Even if you’re young. At least think about the basics and get it in writing.

Ok soap box put away and thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Jovavic

Concept of a Plan
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I've been trying to find a comparison and I went from Lokomotiv plane crashing to local DJ and former Chill arena announcer, Andyman. I loved CD101 back then, I loved his personality, his passion for music and hockey, his charitable nature, and when I learned he drowned I was shocked and saddened not only for myself but for all the lives he touched and all the good he would've done.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So I don’t remember how to tag people on the site but to Viqsi, CBJWerenski and DSL I swear to you this post is not meant to upset or offend anyone. I haven’t been posting in a long time but I go way, way, way back on this site and I hope you guys remember my character well enough to know I would never do that. I just have I think something of a unique perspective about this topic and want to help spread some awareness. But if y’all feel it’s inappropriate at this time let me know.

I work in the death care industry. Every day I work with families who have lost someone and they are now the ones responsible for making the final arrangements, often not knowing anything about that person’s wishes.

Just hours after hearing the news about Johnny and Matt on Friday I sat with a family who had lost their young son and brother very unexpectedly. They had already gone to the funeral home the day before and I helped them pick out a cemetery space and design his headstone. We’d previously had some preliminary discussions about burial vs cremation and ultimately they chose burial. Their son had made no indications one way or the other prior to his passing, and honestly probably had never even considered it. I certainly hadn’t at his age. I obviously know nothing about Johnny and Matt but this may be the very scenario their family is going through right now.

My point is that although it’s a tough topic it’s so important to think about it and have a discussion with your loved ones. This is going to be one of the worst days of their lives and knowing that they can help fulfill your wishes really does ease the smallest of burdens. Even if you’re young. At least think about the basics and get it in writing.

Ok soap box put away and thank you for coming to my TED talk.
I've actually had this on my mind lately owing to the sudden passing of a friend almost exactly two months ago. Fortunately, some of his wishes were already known to his husband, so that was more or less managed. That said, I have a lot of Legal Paperwork stuff on my mind as is. Might have a lot of things taken care of all at once. :)

Reactions: Socks

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I've been trying to find a comparison and I went from Lokomotiv plane crashing to local DJ and former Chill arena announcer, Andyman. I loved CD101 back then, I loved his personality, his passion for music and hockey, his charitable nature, and when I learned he drowned I was shocked and saddened not only for myself but for all the lives he touched and all the good he would've done.
Going back a ways, Roberto Clemente. Before switching to #21, Clemente's original jersey number? 13.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
One of the comments was from a park ranger, who said “I feel bad for you guys, but I’m rooting for ya”, and I said “I feel bad for us too, but I have hope!”… That hope is gone now.
As long as there is delusion, there is hope.

Last edited:

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
I was just mowing my grass thinking about this and it reminds me of Randy Rhoads. For those unfamiliar, Randy was a young, small, amazing guitar player that played for Ozzy Osbourne in the early 80s. If Eddie Van Halen was Ovechkin then Randy would have been Johnny. He was a small unassuming immensely talented guy who did not like the spotlight but was in it because of his talents. Randy was killed in 1982 by a dumbass in an airplane trying to be funny and buzz the tour bus. So both were killed by dumbasses doing stupid things in dangerous machines.
Both will hold a special place in heart as talented guys but also kind souls.
It still doesn't seem real and I didn't even know the guy. I just can't imagine what the family is going through.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Maybe not the same because he just got drafted this Summer so no games played. But a month ago or so, a Minnesota Vikings rookie(Kyhree Jackson)passed away and once again it involved a drunk driver.

Reactions: Jovavic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad