Prospect Info: Anton Silayev (LD - #10 Overall - Round 1 - 2024 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I’m not worried about pushing his ELC out and I doubt the team will be either. He’s not gonna be a huge point guy especially off the bat, unless he really takes a step. And defensive guys just don’t get paid as well from the jump.
Yeah I'm not either.

I'm just saying, assuming he plays 3 years before making his NHL debut (Dillon contract length), I expect them to all be in the KHL, not AHL. I could be wrong tho.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Yeah I'm not either.

I'm just saying, assuming he plays 3 years before making his NHL debut (Dillon contract length), I expect them to all be in the KHL, not AHL. I could be wrong tho.

I think his next contract will also have to be a minimum of 2 years so he’d either be coming over 2 years or 4 years. My hope would be 2 years and he comes over. He’ll have 3 KHL years by that point and a 36 year old Dillon at 4 mil is very likely something you’re not going to want to have around and especially when Luke/Nemec will be onto their next deals and Dillon will almost certainly be a 3rd pair guy. 2 years of Dillon and dumping him off to insert Silayev makes a lot of sense to me

Reactions: My3Sons

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I think his next contract will also have to be a minimum of 2 years so he’d either be coming over 2 years or 4 years. My hope would be 2 years and he comes over. He’ll have 3 KHL years by that point and a 36 year old Dillon at 4 mil is very likely something you’re not going to want to have around and especially when Luke/Nemec will be onto their next deals and Dillon will almost certainly be a 3rd pair guy. 2 years of Dillon and dumping him off to insert Silayev makes a lot of sense to me
Just curious why would a new KHL deal have to be 2 years and not 1?

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Pretty sure the plan is for him to play 2 more KHL seasons and then take a spot with us. It’s practically the same trajectory as all our top D-men prospects and it makes a lot of sense.

Let him cook and grow in a familiar environment, that’s an optimal route. After 3 KHL seasons, he’ll be ready. Sounds good with me. Super enthusiastic about him.

Last edited:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Pretty sure the plan is for him to play 2 more KHL seasons and then take a spot with us. It’s practically the same trajectory as all our top D-men prospects and it makes a lot of sense.

Let him cook and grow in a familiar environment, that’s an optimal route. After 3 KHL seasons, he’ll be ready. Sounds good with me. Super enthusiastic about him.

Knowing the Devils, he'll be traded to one of the California teams in a multi-player deal for an injury-prone forward who put up big numbers in the past. They will then sign that player to a gargantuan salary.

Last edited:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Luke is 20 years 11 months and needed 2 years in the NCAA before making the club.
Nemec is 20 years 6 months and needed 1 year in the AHL before making the club.

For the season opener 2026 Silayev will be 20 years 5 months with two years in the KHL. I am not worried about where his development will be when he comes over, especially with Larionov as his mentor.

Except, due to questionable management, both players were thrown into the NHL before they were ready (with predictable results).

Hopefully Silayev is inserted into the lineup when he is ready.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Knowing the Devils, he'll be traded to one of the California teams in a multi-player deal for an injury-prone forward who put up big numbers in the past. They will then sign that player to a gargantuan salary.
Happy f***ing Sunday!

200w.gif

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Except, due to questionable management, both players were thrown into the NHL before they were ready (with predictable results).

They were fine. The team was bad and the goalies did them no favors. The experience gained will pay dividends going forward. There is almost always a learning curve. Look for both guys to start turning that corner a bit sooner as a result of starting the progression last season. Walking before running.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
Ugh all these postmortems where the rookies get blamed despite them being massive bright spots in an extremely disappointing year will always make me upset. I'm glad the FO IDed the goaltending and veteran defenders (+Bahl) surrounding them as the issues that needed to be addressed primarily.

Not sure they made the right calls yet but gives me confidence in the FO.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Ugh all these postmortems where the rookies get blamed despite them being massive bright spots in an extremely disappointing year will always make me upset. I'm glad the FO IDed the goaltending and veteran defenders (+Bahl) surrounding them as the issues that needed to be addressed primarily.

Not sure they made the right calls yet but gives me confidence in the FO.

Also coaching. I think that above everything was the biggest issue. I fully get why we ran it back with Lindy and let Brunette go but had we just promoted Brunette last year and moved on from Lindy I think we make it last year.

They were fine. The team was bad and the goalies did them no favors. The experience gained will pay dividends going forward. There is almost always a learning curve. Look for both guys to start turning that corner a bit sooner as a result of starting the progression last season. Walking before running.

I’d say they were both much better than fine.

Last edited:

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

Stop bitching, the rookies played fine. The team collapsed for many reasons and absolutely none of them were the two excellent young players being asked to do too much.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
A guy with that size and speed skating down the center of the ice towards the goal is going to create offense, even if he can't do anything offensively.

He Clarkson'd that goal but also looks like he would have drawn a tripping call in the play.

Reactions: My3Sons

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

Luke and Nemec did not have questionable results last year. They were both legitimately good, especially considering their age.

Sorry to report!

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Name 1 significant timo meier injury pre trade

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

1)Did you not want Luke up in his +3 year?

2)The plan on Nemec was him being in the AHL last year. It was injury, not mgmt decision which forced him into the NHL so early.

And as everyone else has noted, they played well.

Turning back to Silayev, I'd be pretty dissapointed if he is not in the NHL in his +3.

Last edited:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Name 1 significant timo meier injury pre trade
Ya, Timo has played 90+% of his teams games played every year he's been in the league. Well prior to the trade anyways. Last year was the anomaly.

I'm not one to talk "luck" but in Timo and Hamilton, Fitz has brought in 2 different high level guys who had ranged anywhere from "rarely" to "never" in terms of games missed due to injury, who then missed huge chunks of games, or played noticeably injured, early in their Devils tenure. Probabilities are good those guys get back on track next year.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
A guy with that size and speed skating down the center of the ice towards the goal is going to create offense, even if he can't do anything offensively.

He Clarkson'd that goal but also looks like he would have drawn a tripping call in the play.

Nah that was more skill than a Clarkson. That was a Coleman (ugh I miss him so f***ing much)

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
1)Did you not want Luke up in his +3 year?

2)The plan on Nemec was him being in the AHL last year. It was injury, not mgmt decision which forced him into the NHL so early.

And as everyone else has noted, they played well.

Turning back to Silayev, I'd be pretty dissapointed if he is not in the NHL in his +3.
He wanted Misyul for 21 minutes a night instead lmao

TBF1972

May 19, 2018

you mean like jocktan chainey, who gave up hockey after two more seasons in the chl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad