Anthony Duclair Cuts Hair, Shaves Beard Ahead Of First Training Camp With Islanders

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Hope there’s no med students amongst envenomed agists here. Good grief.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I dont see any issue with this at all. This is the policy for every player on the team regardless of age, nationality, race etc. To his credit Duclair seemed to make light of it on social media and does not seem to have any kind of major problem with it, but even so, he chose to sign here and that is the team rules. I personally have always liked it although others disagree. It creates an identity and team unity where everybody is the same. It is not about being unique and standing out individually, it is about being a team and doing your job as a unit.
I am sure most of this backlash are people who are not even hockey fans, let alone Isles fans, and of course then it somehow gets turned into a race thing. Where were all these people for the past 5 years when there has been no issue with the team policies?

Devilsfan2326

Oct 4, 2011
Hope there’s no med students amongst envenomed agists here. Good grief.
Not sure about posters here, but there definitely are amongst the medical population. Some things heard in those lounges... finding an honest mechanic would be easier than an honest doctor or whatever healthcare professional.

Reactions: ITM

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Is it true that the Islanders players voted on whether to keep this rule going? I read somewhere that it was brought to the players if they were fine with these rules continuing, anyone know?

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
Lou is a f***ing dinosaur. It’s a disgrace he’s able to force these guys to alter their physical appearance to appease his 1920s standards of how someone should present themself.
What's wrong with his rules? I don't get it. It's not subjective like 'be presentable'. Just don't have long hair, beards, or jewelry, and wear suits and ties.

I'm only in my thirties and I can't see how a work place where everyone is a multimillionaire can't have a code of conduct and a dress code? If you don't like it don't work there.

I swear most of the tolerant liberals here talking about modern times and how Lou is a dinosaur are some of the most ageist and disrespectful people I've seen in a long while.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
God forbid some teams maintain standards of professionalism in appearance. Also, the ageism being displayed by the so-called "progressives" in this thread is hilarious.

Not too long ago we used to take pride in how our players entered and left the arena, but now we are stuck with players arriving to a game in Minnie Mouse shirts and Indiana Jones hats.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
The Islanders under Lou made 2 conference finals runs. Previous quarter century (25 years) 1 second round appearance.

Maple Leafs with Mickey Mouse Marner are dependable 1st round flameouts.
Why are you quoting a Pens fan and talking about the leafs in a thread about the islanders 😂 😂 😂 😹 😹 😹

Down that bad?

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
It's a bit silly to have these completely unnecessary appearance rules. However, it's not like the players going to Long Island don't know whats up. At least the rules are clear for everyone.

Reactions: WhataKnight

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I love the rules. I don’t care that it’s old school. To each their own. If it matters to you when you’re a free agent don’t go there, obviously not an issue for Duclair.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I mean, Patty Elias and Petr Sykora both flaunted the policy at different points in their Devils careers. If players really, really don't want to follow it, they can just ignore Lou's nagging.

Reactions: WhataKnight

islandersbob

Jan 1, 2006
saved me
Why are you quoting a Pens fan and talking about the leafs in a thread about the islanders 😂 😂 😂 😹 😹 😹

Down that bad?

Did you miss the whole Mitch Marner wearing a Mickey Mouse t-shirt incident? Coincidentally, he plays for the Leafs and they are bad at playoff hockey.

No one questions the Islanders professionalism. It's the talent with them that everyone questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad