Anthony Duclair Cuts Hair, Shaves Beard Ahead Of First Training Camp With Islanders

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I don’t think I have ever heard of a player ever refusing to play for the Yankees in the last 50 years because they don’t allow beards or long hair (they do allow mustaches). Some, like a pitcher named John Denny, do because they think it’s a madhouse..and it often is. But too many of the people posting on forums make too much of the Islanders, Yankees and whoever that still has it (Cincinnati Reds dropped theirs).

I remember David Price saying he would never play for the Yankees. When he was a free agent in 2015, he signed with the Red Sox instead because they don’t have such policy. Well, one of the reasons.

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
This is really a blanket statement that is not applicable to everybody. It may be fine for Duclair. But the idea that for all people, hair is “just hair” so who cares, why cry about it…that’s a pretty un-empathetic stance on a physical piece of yourself that for many has important connotations about identity and sense of self.
To me this sounds like something to complain about when you completely run out of actual things to complain about.

My empathy will not be wasted on the former dreadlocks of a millionnaire NHL player. I even doubt it's Duclair's worst inconvenience that happened to him this week.

May his sense of self recover quickly.
image-orangerobed-buddhist-monk-sitting-meditation_1106493-254475.jpg

Reactions: Mcdonaldz

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I always thought the reason for Lou's policy had nothing to do with looks, but because shaving each morning is a good way to start the day. It's a small task but still one that demands discipline.

I hope Lou inspects their bedrooms every morning to make sure they've made their beds too.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
This has been Lou since forever?

Everyone knows. You don't want to, don't sign there.

The dude who had to isn't upset, but some people on the internet are getting upset for some reason

This is why the world is f***ed.

Jun 15, 2007
i haven't seen anyone outraged on duclair's behalf? lou's rules (like this one) are just indicative that time has passed him by and speaks to how dumb his management style is in 2024. i'm sure if you surveyed every player in the nhl and asked them if they would want to conform to these ridiculous, north korea, mr. burns standards vs playing elsewhere and retaining their personality, the results would speak for themselves. it was one thing 25 years ago when he somehow ended up with 3 HOF players on his team and the results were there, but now they aren't and it shows how glaringly stupid and out of touch he is.
i haven't seen anyone outraged on duclair's behalf? lou's rules (like this one) are just indicative that time has passed him by and speaks to how dumb his management style is in 2024. i'm sure if you surveyed every player in the nhl and asked them if they would want to conform to these ridiculous, north korea, mr. burns standards vs playing elsewhere and retaining their personality, the results would speak for themselves. it was one thing 25 years ago when he somehow ended up with 3 HOF players on his team and the results were there, but now they aren't and it shows how glaringly stupid and out of touch he is.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
that reddit thread is actually hilarious

if someone commits $14M to me, he can cut my damn hair himself. for $20/hr employed at will, he can pound sand

complete lack of understanding of the situation

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
This has been Lou since forever?

Everyone knows. You don't want to, don't sign there.

The dude who had to isn't upset, but some people on the internet are getting upset for some reason

This is why the world is f***ed.
Also look at the Yankees baseball team and everyone always wants to play for them. Lol

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I don't think Duclair is pissed, so not sure why anyone feels the need to be on his behalf.

Reactions: TeamRenzo

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2012
Not sure why it matters. Sure, Lou’s ideas/beliefs are dated but it’s his team/his rules. Don’t sign there if you disagree. Doesn’t make it right but c’est le vie

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
To me this sounds like something to complain about when you completely run out of actual things to complain about.

My empathy will not be wasted on the former dreadlocks of a millionnaire NHL player. I even doubt it's Duclair's worst inconvenience that happened to him this week.

May his sense of self recover quickly.View attachment 902653
You missed his point. No one is saying you should extend your empathy to this incident that Duclair likely doesn't care about.

But hair is not "just" hair for many people where it holds religious and/or cultural significance.

Reactions: wraithsonwings

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Good for Duke; Showing some old time discipline and focus and a team-first attitude. For those that know, no explanation is necessary. For those who refuse to empathize, no explanation will suffice.

Reactions: TeamRenzo

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
good for duclair - this will get him a point or two from dinosaurs in mainstream conversations

for a guy who has been plagued with vague nefarious accusations of "character issues" this is a smart move

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
I'd love it if a player signed a deal worth millions of dollars that included a completely unenforceable clause like "no dreadlocks" and then dared the owner to enforce that clause. Go ahead and mutually terminate the contract at full pay to avoid the legal quagmire. The player can then go and sign with another team and double dip.

Reactions: WhataKnight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad