Anthony Duclair Cuts Hair, Shaves Beard Ahead Of First Training Camp With Islanders

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilsfan2326

Oct 4, 2011
Before playing for Lou

676191.jpg

After joining Lou's team

699131.jpg
hahahahaha. Good job.

If it comes to that, Duclair could be effectively suspended by the team and eventually shipped out of town. Considering he signed with the Isles possessing full knowledge of all of this, it would be a pretty dumb reason to cause such a stink.

I think most people cringe at the idea of this rule, as evidenced by the other 31 teams' lack of need for it, but when you just signed a multimillion-dollar contract with that one particular team, you are responsible for following its rules.
I think it's fine. I can't think of any controversial players on the Islanders so it must be neutral or better. Military type of unity.

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
So stupid does he ask his players to cover all their tattoos as well

Just too bad nhl players are so docile and dont have the balls to do anything about it

Duclair should have played the race card saying dreads were an integral part of his culture and religion

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
You missed his point. No one is saying you should extend your empathy to this incident that Duclair likely doesn't care about.

But hair is not "just" hair for many people where it holds religious and/or cultural significance.
You could say the exact same thing about litterally anything that anybody holds dear.

We can have this discussion again when someone from the communities you mentioned is actually oppressed in a life altering manner over a hair length rule issued by the GM in the NHL.

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
At some point, Lou’s power tripping over this stuff gets old. Either wake up and realize that it’s the 21st century, or look like a silly old Karen.

At some point, him being a silly old Karen outshines his Cup rings from…..

Riiiiight……TWENTY-ONE years ago.

Dude needs to get over himself.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I'd love it if a player signed a deal worth millions of dollars that included a completely unenforceable clause like "no dreadlocks" and then dared the owner to enforce that clause. Go ahead and mutually terminate the contract at full pay to avoid the legal quagmire. The player can then go and sign with another team and double dip.

We need Aaron Judge to become a rastafarian

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
He’s just following bosses orders, what’s the big deal :dunno:

Don’t like your bosses rules, don’t work for him.

Jun 15, 2007
oh, i was referring to this thread...if you're actively on twitter in 2024, that's a you problem.
I mean this is Gord Miller not a random poster. He's kind of a big commentator on TSN no?

Lol, did you just link to twitter? A place where people no matter what coulour, religion, political affiliation is outraged over anything that happens all the time? Like some sort of proof?
Do you know who Gord Miller is?

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
So this rule has been publicly known for so long now and a player signs there and posts a picture of him cutting his hair and hockey media and people are going insane just because it's Duclair? He had the choice to sign with other teams or other leagues if his hair meant that much to him so idk why people are going crazy over this and making a huge deal about it.

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
So this rule has been publicly known for so long now and a player signs there and posts a picture of him cutting his hair and hockey media and people are going insane just because it's Duclair? He had the choice to sign with other teams or other leagues if his hair meant that much to him so idk why people are going crazy over this and making a huge deal about it.

Oh; Duclair knew what he was getting into - no denials there. He was at least a good sport about it.

My thinking was that this would have been a good time for LL to adjust for modern times a bit, having recognized that it could be better to avoid getting close to an unnecessary flex on something with a level of cultural significance he wouldn’t best understand.

Last edited:
Reactions: BKarchitect

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
dreads of that length probably took him 5-10 years to grow. that kind of commitment leads me to believe that it wasn't just a nothing-burger to him. yea, i would do a lot of things that i am uncomfortable with for 14 million dollars. doesn't mean i would be happy about it

Reactions: WhataKnight

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
dreads of that length probably took him 5-10 years to grow. that kind of commitment leads me to believe that it wasn't just a nothing-burger to him. yea, i would do a lot of things that i am uncomfortable with for 14 million dollars. doesn't mean i would be happy about it

1724373165651.gif

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
If it comes to that, Duclair could be effectively suspended by the team and eventually shipped out of town. Considering he signed with the Isles possessing full knowledge of all of this, it would be a pretty dumb reason to cause such a stink.

I think most people cringe at the idea of this rule, as evidenced by the other 31 teams' lack of need for it, but when you just signed a multimillion-dollar contract with that one particular team, you are responsible for following its rules.

Since when can a team suspended someone over hair the NHLPA will be all over it so would the state of NY.

Last edited:

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Oh; Duclair knew what he was getting into - no denials there. He was at least a good sport about it.

My thinking was that this would have been a good time for LL to adjust for modern times a bit, having recognized that it could be better to avoid getting close to an unnecessary flex on something with a level of cultural significance he wouldn’t best understand.
Why should he have to though? He's close to retirement and this is how he's always operated. He offered a contract to a player he thought would help his team and they know his policies and he signed the contract. I doubt Duclair cared that much because like many working people applying for jobs you either know or learn how they operate and run things and if you don't like it you don't apply for that job and if you don't care then you do and go along with how it's ran. It's just sad that people are trying to make this into a race thing or disrespecting Lou who has been nothing but good for the league and his staff/players by calling him a dinosaur and saying his policies are outdated. Is this not what POC want? To be treated equally? He's being treated like everyone who plays for Lou so how is that a problem? Again, if his dreads meant that much he probably could've took a few hundred thousand less and played for another team because I'm sure many teams would've liked him on their roster.

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
I think it's a stupid rule BUT Duclair also knew who he was signing with. He knew it came with changes and still signed.

This post, right here.

This may be the last post in this thread with substance.

I’m a little too demographically close to this topic and a lot too otherwise occupied to go the distance on explaining how this just makes Lamoriello look more like a petty old jackass. LOL

I’ll just say that Duclair probably knew what he signed up for, as much as Lamoriello clinging to this stricture displays how much of an uninformed wanker he can be. I’ll leave it there.

islandersbob

Jan 1, 2006
saved me
Lou’s antiquated dinosaur way of thinking is such a joke.

Like as if sideburns or long hair really have any effect on how well someone plays. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Someone tell the old buzzard to retire.
The Islanders under Lou made 2 conference finals runs. Previous quarter century (25 years) 1 second round appearance.

Maple Leafs with Mickey Mouse Marner are dependable 1st round flameouts.

Devilsfan2326

Oct 4, 2011
This post, right here.

This may be the last post in this thread with substance.

I’m a little too demographically close to this topic and a lot too otherwise occupied to go the distance on explaining how this just makes Lamoriello look more like a petty old jackass. LOL

I’ll just say that Duclair probably knew what he signed up for, as much as Lamoriello clinging to this stricture displays how much of an uninformed wanker he can be. I’ll leave it there.
I can definitely see that. Another poster said that hair could take several years to grow so that's quite the step to take. And they all take that step so I could also see how it could be a little more unifying in the locker room, as compared to a manufactured camping trip like some teams were doing. Gets the guys something to talk about with every new player to suit up for the team. Could be a scar every player has to draw across their chest like some barbarian thing, joking of course, or this military style code, as long as it's unifying and guarantees they all have something in common. They can rant about old man Lou together if that's what it takes to feel like a team. He has to know it'll be talked about and be okay with some banter.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhataKnight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad