News Article: Training camp & Preseason News & Notes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Nice to see local kid get an invite to Rookie Camp. Will play with the Bears this year.

Really intrigued by him. I guess he was an overager last year but a 6'6" kid that scored 26 goals in the WHL is a bit of an eye opener. I don't know his skating and defense is but those numbers he put up at that size makes one take notice.
Hope to see him in Bakersfield. The Oilers are lacking quality D prospects on the farm outside of Wanner and Kemp.

Reactions: oilers'72

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
What's so funny though is that even with all the construction it only take half an hour to drive from the outskirts to Downtown in rush hour. I've heard in places such as Toronto it takes two hours to get downtown from the outskirts
Yes, I can drive from my house on the outskirts of Chicago to Grant Park (heart of downtown Chicago) in ~30 minutes when traffic is light (e g., midnight). If I try the same drive in rush hour, it's 90-150 minutes.

That being said, the players I knew in Chicago live in Lakeview/Lincoln Park or Gold Coast neighborhoods somewhat near the downtown, which is about a 20-40 minute drive to the United Center in traffic.

Reactions: oilers'72

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Really intrigued by him. I guess he was an overager last year but a 6'6" kid that scored 26 goals in the WHL is a bit of an eye opener. I don't know his skating and defense is but those numbers he put up at that size makes one take notice.
Hope to see him in Bakersfield. The Oilers are lacking quality D prospects on the farm outside of Wanner and Kemp.
Bears (and him) are firmly expecting him back at U of A after camp. He will be going to Oilers camp for the experience but both him and U of A would be shocked if he's not on their team this year.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Hate us because the can't be us.
IMG_5847.gif

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Sounds like Nurse is injured since the playoffs, and likely not ready to start the year based on Oilers Fanatic youtube channel.

If this turns out to be the case, I'd be relieved to hear Nurse was playing injured this past playoffs
Context always matters, and this would explain much.

We all knew he was very banged up, it wasn't a secret.
We didn't know it was this bad however.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad