Post-Game Talk: Another Shit Effort, Another Predictable Loss, Rinse, Repeat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The Sprong goal was a clear indication he still has no clue where is net is. Why go for the poke. Stay positionally sound probably make the save

He was also doing a lot of the Potvin paddle down head ducked move on completely routine plays, which led me to believe he wasn't tracking anything but just making desperation poses on the most routine plays. He's gotta go. Don't subject this fanbase to more Samsonov.

Reactions: francis246

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
The good news is any talk about "what are they going to re-sign Tavares at?" should be silenced. The answer is he shouldn't be re-signed, you're not retiring a Leaf, thanks for the Game 6 OT goal, best of luck in your next city.
Yeah put me in the group who's never wanted him back after his contract is up. That slow ass skating is honestly getting annoying to watch.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
All you need to do with this D is crisscross with another guy and they don't know what to do. They'll let you walk right into the hash marks every f***ing time.

Reactions: rumman and Cleetus

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
That has to be Keefe last game as coach. He got lucky when LA slept walked through the game last week and had the puck bounce all over the place, but other than that they’ve been horrible for 10 or 12 games. (Take SJ out, they’re not even trying).

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Just an unlikeable team top to bottom. Management down to players. I feel bad for the fans who dish out crazy ass money to see this crap. Especially in this climate.
If anyone was outside today walking their dog, or taking their kids tobogganing, ask yourselves why any professional athlete would ever choose to play here. It blows my mind that Matthews and Nylander voluntarily agreed to commit to this God-forsaken climate for X number of years.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Yeah put me in the group who's never wanted him back after his contract is up. That slow ass skating is honestly getting annoying to watch.

Slow skating, poor defensive details, zero 5 on 5 offense, no rushing ability, no coherent playmaking. Non sequitur cycle grinding and chaotic puck distribution. Zero emotional energy, no leadership or winning experience. Good on faceoffs, and scores intermittent PP points and garbage goals.

No thank you, JT.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I think they keep Keefe until after the Western road trip. By then we could be outside of playoffs and then changes get made. I wanna see Shanny gone too. But hopefully heads roll tomorrow. We’re a long ways from contending so might as well get on to the retool.
We can get rid of management but the players are locked in for another season

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The good news is any talk about "what are they going to re-sign Tavares at?" should be silenced. The answer is he shouldn't be re-signed, you're not retiring a Leaf, thanks for the Game 6 OT goal, best of luck in your next city.

He is retiring a Leaf only if he wants Spezza money. Skates like him already.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Who the f*** thought to resign keefe after the embarrassing playoffs? Fire that f***ing idiot too

Reactions: rumman

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Samsonov loses his 5th straight game

Lost to:
CBJ x 2
Buffalo
NYI
Detroit

But good think we can't try Hildeby
Really don't understand why Keefe doesn't give Hildeby a few games and see what he can do. It can't be much worse than the goaltending we're receiving now and who knows perhaps he'll surprise everyone and he shows he's ready to play in the NHL and we've had a solution to our goalie problems all this time within our own organization.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Again Shanahan should be the one who starts to receive most of the criticism.

How many years has it been now and we have 1 playoff series win and the team this season looks pretty bad.

Can't believe at the start of this whole thing alot of hockey fans were saying we'd be a future dynasty and it wasn't just us Leaf homers either.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
O yea, he is out there too. This team needs a new voice desperately. Keefe's time is up.
If a change is made there, the team needs not just a new voice, they need a loud, authoritative and experienced voice. Don't care who that is, but hiring anyone inexperience is pointless here and you may as well stick with Keefer.

I am not sold it's him. I think this group is severely flawed. But since we clearly aren't moving any of them, we are inching to the point where something has to happen.

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Tavares cannot keep up with today's game trying to be a skill guy, he is essentially a 3LW at this point and needs to change his game as such, get down the boards and grind you're way to the net that should be his game

Reactions: ToneDog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad