Post-Game Talk: Another Shit Effort, Another Predictable Loss, Rinse, Repeat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Explain this then:

View attachment 803346

He let in 3 goals on 21 shots. Hard to argue best player on the ice, he wasn't even the best goalie on the ice.

He saved -1.11 goals below expected.

I think people are giving Samsonov credit for Detroit missing the net and defenders making the save behind him
In my opinion, he was the best player on the ice tonight, you're entitled to your opinion. He made some big saves and didn't have a chance on a couple

Reactions: BraveCanadian

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

1705289880598.png

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
Edmonton has had more playoff success than the Leafs in their McDavid era than we have with Matthews era.

AND they have fired 4 coaches since! Leafs just want the same damn recipe whether it works or not.

We need a new voice in the locker room. Its evident as ever.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
haven’t noticed you in a while but they are playing like dog shit! So perfect time to voice your Marner displeasures lol
I have been here. I'm a regular here. We have plenty of Marner love here. He's allowed to be criticized as he is part of the failed core. Is Marner above the team?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Please explain to me why every milestone important game for either them, one of their players, or their opposition, the Leafs never win.

Tavares visit to the Island: Loss
Ebug: Loss
Columbus series decider: Loss
Come back game for the sake of Samsonov's confidence: little offensive output, and Loss.

Something is wrong in the DNA of this team. It's not even the players because they go on other teams and win. Kadri Kessel Bozak are all stanley cup champions. It's management.

Kyle Dubas instilled the culture of entitlement and no accountability. Shanahan allowed it. Its gonna take time for the culture to change

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
If anyone was outside today walking their dog, or taking their kids tobogganing, ask yourselves why any professional athlete would ever choose to play here. It blows my mind that Matthews and Nylander voluntarily agreed to commit to this God-forsaken climate for X number of years.
You get top tier money and endorsements and you get the whole summer off. They're out in the first round all the time. The one time they get past it and they're not even ready to start round 2 on time.

They've built a regular season team and that's it. All players here are asking for 1-2 million more in their contract just to cope with media and fan pressure in Toronto. These kids don't sign here bc it's a historic team or hockey hotbed.

They sign here cuz they know they only play October to April for max dollars then take 3 months vacation in Hawai to forget about the stress and disappointment of letting us down again.

Reactions: glue and HolyCrap

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
McCabe has had a brutal week.
This was the icing on the cake. He had a rough one.

But, as a $4million dollar guy it's going to happen.

To have Matthews, Marner, Nylander and Tavares play the way they have over the past few games, holy shit batman. Inexcusable for that imo.

I mean, if they all don't want to "play", make up a fckn schedule and alternate dipshits.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Even if this team made the playoffs, they're so undiciplined with the puck that they stand no chance in the playoffs (as usual). Keefe is a junior level coach. This team needs major changes to stand any hope of a cup with Matthews.

Reactions: Leaf4Life79

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Edmonton has had more playoff success than the Leafs in their McDavid era than we have with Matthews era.

AND they have fired 4 coaches since! Leafs just want the same damn recipe whether it works or not.

We need a new voice in the locker room. Its evident as ever.
It would be quite the indictment on Treliving to fire Keefe 40 games after he signed him to a new contract, but it wouldn't be the worst idea.

Reactions: BallardEra
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad