Post-Game Talk: Another Shit Effort, Another Predictable Loss, Rinse, Repeat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
I know it’s already been said, but seriously, after this game, no way Keefe should have a job. Putting the lines in a blender tonight of all nights, with Samsonov in net, was the most stupid decision I’ve seen from a Leaf coach. To start a game the way they did, disinterested for most of the game, can indirectly be blamed on the coach.

Reactions: leafers

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
LOL WTF keefe WTF

Detroit travelled in the snow, was waiting all day at the airport and only arrived 2 hours before the puck drop.

WTF

Thought the same, they did look tired.
Why the outrage? You thought they had a lot of jump ?

• Haha
Reactions: HolyCrap

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
Shanahan allowed these kids to dictate the teams path years ago, the day he fired Babcock this team was lost as they felt untouchable
Shanny was born to play hockey. Period. The man is not an intellectual, a psychologist, a financier, a coach, a humanitarian, an educator, a self made businessman - he is, putting it nicely, a simple moron. What outcome, other than the one playing out now, should anyone expect?

Watch the Peter Sellers film, "Being There".

Last edited:

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Can we just admit that the Leafs is just not as good as we all think they are. It’s quite frustrating watching game after game after game without any structure and system. Continue to make the same mistakes over and over again.

Reactions: 34

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This season is over man, don’t be surprised to see them miss the playoffs

Keefe in the post game is happy with the way the team is playing. He thinks the team is playing well. The guy must be f***ing drunk.

My sense is they'll be out of a playoff spot by the time the Seattle game is over and it's either a free fall to the bottom 10 just from the goaltending mismanagement, panic coaching and demoralized group... or they hover around the WC position but get no traction.

The idea of waiting for Woll to be healthy, good and stay healthy is just a disaster waiting to happen.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
They're going to catch Boston. Don't ask me how but I know they will.

Did you tell the Bruins it won't be long before we take over the division? I wish somebody would.
Well, @Evilhomer guaranteed we'd take over 1st place in January, so it's only a matter of time.

Wait, he later guaranteed that we'd take over 1st place in December so ...

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
No way, we just have to pay the piper there are no shortcuts.
It's so painful to watch him out there. We've got 123 games to wade through. This has got to be the beginning of the end for him and Marner right?

We've got no assets left to improve the team. Basically we have got to build the team through free agency, which has never happened before.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Aight I am out. Early morning work tomorrow. Just need to chill teh F down

1705291780235.png

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Shanahan allowed these kids to dictate the teams path years ago, the day he fired Babcock this team was lost as they felt untouchable
well, they were certainly dealt with like they were untouchable. While the players remained top calibre, no-one can say that it would have been a surprise to shave a bit off every single salary they were given, and in this case, a bit means 25K-2500K. And can you imagine the inter-superstar competition to be paid/to be top-dog? ANd how it affects your younger teammates hoping for their own modest payday.

And now that Willy has topped out after endless years of being poor boy, who thinks Marner will blink next summer? And what can veteran Tavares even do? And will any other Leaf home-grown player ever get have a chance to sign a modest 2nd or 3rd NHL contract with the Leafs? Or will their $$ continue to evaporate...

Quite a story.

Mar 26, 2010
My sense is they'll be out of a playoff spot by the time the Seattle game is over and it's either a free fall to the bottom 10 just from the goaltending mismanagement, panic coaching and demoralized group... or they hover around the WC position but get no traction.

The idea of waiting for Woll to be healthy, good and stay healthy is just a disaster waiting to happen.
I 100% agree. I really like Woll a lot and think he has potential to be the #1, but at this point it is a gamble. He is young and needs time.

This team is falling fast right now. Their confidence must be very low at this point. I’m not too sure where they go from here.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Thought the same, they did look tired.
Why the outrage? You thought they had a lot of jump ?
People just have a hate on for Keefe regardless of what he does or says. It's nauseating.

My only comment would be, though what he said is true, you are the home team and supposedly the better team. You have to find a way to get it done.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Seems like a good time for the team to get out of town.

People just have a hate on for Keefe regardless of what he does or says. It's nauseating.

My only comment would be, though what he said is true, you are the home team and supposedly the better team. You have to find a way to get it done.
100% tired is a poor excuse.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
That's 3 in a row goaltending has Blown and under normal circumstances I wouldn't even be saying that about tonight because Samsonov was OK, he even made a couple BIG saves.

But It's Samsonov he will find a way to blow it, and in the end he did, like he has all season.

Reactions: 34

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013

Much like the dude that hired him...he's reverse Rumpelstiltskin. He's managed to turn gold into straw. He needs to go to Pittsburgh. We'll trade him for some drill pylons.

McCabe icing versus Islanders.
McCabe giveaway tonight by his own net for a goal against.
Giordano pass to the opposition while killing a penalty for a goal against.
Brodie lifting his skate letting a pass through for a goal against.
Mental errors leading to losses.
McCabe is straight-up braindead. Easily our worst d-man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad