Player Discussion Andrew Peeke

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
A contract that's just 2 million above the minimum for two more years. Plus he is/was an easy buyout.

Their current cap it is 70 million and they won't need a massive amount to re-sign Johnson, Sillenger and Marchanko. Really if you think about why would they even buy him out, they won't be close to the cap come October, let alone pay someone to take him. Why would a team near the bottom of league in overall salary do this? Right now today they are 29th in team salary.

That was done to help facilitate a much bigger deal. You don't know what part of the deal was the "cost" to take on Moore. That situation is not even comparable.

Fine a more directed conparison would be Detroit having to give up a 2nd to move jake Walman for future considerations. Pure salary dump.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Fine a more directed conparison would be Detroit having to give up a 2nd to move jake Walman for future considerations. Pure salary dump.

It's a salary dump, but Detroit need cap space to re-sign both Raymond and Seider. Those are going to be big deals. The team making the trade giving up the pick needs the cap space. It boils down to how desperate is a team to dump a contract. Not the trade value as assigned by Columbus Blue Jacket fans and media.

CBJ doesn't need cap space, so once again, it's not comparable. You've been on this board repeating over and over about some bullshit rumor that CBJ, who fired their GM during this time, was going to buy him out. Well giving what they've done this summer, doesn't look like that was going to be the case. What team gives up valuable draft picks to create cap space they don't need?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
That has been panned as a stupid move and most Detroit fans did not like it. You seem to like just being negative.

Like it or not that’s the going rate.

And yes I am negative on this move because we have more investment in our #6 D than our 2nd line RW and #6 defender is not nearly as valuable.

Our RW situation after pastrnak is abysmal.

It's a salary dump, but Detroit need cap space to re-sign both Raymond and Seider. Those are going to be big deals. The team making the trade giving up the pick needs the cap space. It boils down to how desperate is a team to dump a contract. Not the trade value as assigned by Columbus Blue Jacket fans and media.

CBJ doesn't need cap space, so once again, it's not comparable. You've been on this board repeating over and over about some bullshit rumor that CBJ, who fired their GM during this time, was going to buy him out. Well giving what they've done this summer, doesn't look like that was going to be the case. What team gives up valuable draft picks to create cap space they don't need?

Nothings ever comparable with you because you have insanely inflated worths for players.

Last summer you were calling Debrusk a 35+ goal scorer worth $7m+ a year.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017

And yes I am negative on this move because we have more investment in our #6 D than our 2nd line RW and #6 defender is not nearly as valuable.

It isnt the going rate. It was a one off situation not comparable, plus Yzerman might be an idiot and his bosses just havent realized it yet

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
That’s such a far out #Yzerplan move you can’t even use it as a comparable. Its bizarro world.

Alright if Walman for a 2nd doesn’t count what about

Patrick Nemeth for two 2nds and a 3rd

Zach Kassian for a 2nd 3rd and trade down 4 spots in the first

Jason Dickinson for a 2nd

I guess all these are just bizarro world salary dumps that can’t be used to compare to one another too, right?

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Alright if Walman for a 2nd doesn’t count what about

Patrick Nemeth for two 2nds and a 3rd

Zach Kassian for a 2nd 3rd and trade down 4 spots in the first

Jason Dickinson for a 2nd

I guess all these are just bizarro world salary dumps that can’t be used to compare to one another too, right?
No the Walman one is quite different.

The Wings have $19M in cap space. Why did they do that?

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Nothings ever comparable with you because you have insanely inflated worths for players.

Last summer you were calling Debrusk a 35+ goal scorer worth $7m+ a year.

Then he didn't have a year as strong as the previous and got 5.5 instead on a max term deal. Had a dip in production and got 1.5 million less than predicted. Seems to me like I was pretty much on point calling the shot a year in advance if those were my comments.

You have some vendetta with this player and trade. Hung up over 3rd round pick years from now and 2.0 million above league minimum. A 26-year old D-man with size and nearly 250 games under his belt. If you aren't a fan of the player, that's fine. His contract is not that big of a deal. Wasn't to CBJ, and isn't to Boston.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Thinking they would have to give up a 2nd round draft pick just to get rid of his $2.75 mil contract is crazy.
It's not just the AAV, it is that value and the term. $2.75m ain't much, but $5.5m starts to scratch the $6m threshold where a 1st is often the return.

All of that is predicated on Peeke being completely useless ala Mike Reilly and John Moore. He looks better than that with the B on his chest but that doesn't really matter as far as the trade goes. Whoever was running Columbus at the deadline was the opinion that matters there, and with the front office turnover, who the hell knows what the consensus was. I'd say the fact he wasn't sent down to toil in the AHL says at something positive.

Reactions: Gordoff

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Then he didn't have a year as strong as the previous and got 5.5 instead on a max term deal. Had a dip in production and got 1.5 million less than predicted. Seems to me like I was pretty much on point calling the shot a year in advance if those were my comments.

You have some vendetta with this player and trade. Hung up over 3rd round pick years from now and 2.0 million above league minimum. A 26-year old D-man with size and nearly 250 games under his belt. If you aren't a fan of the player, that's fine. His contract is not that big of a deal. Wasn't to CBJ, and isn't to Boston.

Yes I have an issue paying a #6 defender as much as we are paying combined for our 2nd and 3rd line RW. Great use of cap space.

• Haha
Reactions: bruinsfan1968

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

I heard our 3rd rounder in 2027 just went to prom and won prom king. Can't believe we gave that up for Peeke

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
I heard our 3rd rounder in 2027 just went to prom and won prom king. Can't believe we gave that up for Peeke

Why not give away draft picks for free as it seems that they are pointless to have? Can we please trade a second rounder this time for plug a like Rinaldo or why don´t we give somebody a fourth rounder just for future considerations? Couldn´t we have give away that third rounder in 2006 or that fourth rounder in 2017? Who the f*** did we even draft with this useless picks?

Reactions: EverettMike

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
So if the Bruins traded Chris Pelosi for Peeke at the deadline everyone would have been fine with it?

The fact that Peeke could not suit up for one of the worst teams in the league, with a contract they would have bought out would have had this place going nuts

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So if the Bruins traded Chris Pelosi for Peeke at the deadline everyone would have been fine with it?

The fact that Peeke could not suit up for one of the worst teams in the league, with a contract they would have bought out would have had this place going nuts

Sounds like a heck of a deal for the Bruins. Big right shot D-man with ample NHL experience in the prime age of his career for an average prospect that is years away if he ever makes it at all.

Maybe I'm in the minority but there are very few prospects in the organization I give a flying F^%%% about. Letourneau. Lysell. The rest? Who cares. 90% of them will end up being nothing. I don't get why fans would get worked up over run-of-the-mill prospects picked in the later rounds of the draft. Their 4th rounder from 2022 just announced he's stepping away from hockey altogether for the time being. Should we be losing our minds about that?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
It's not just the AAV, it is that value and the term. $2.75m ain't much, but $5.5m starts to scratch the $6m threshold where a 1st is often the return.

All of that is predicated on Peeke being completely useless ala Mike Reilly and John Moore. He looks better than that with the B on his chest but that doesn't really matter as far as the trade goes. Whoever was running Columbus at the deadline was the opinion that matters there, and with the front office turnover, who the hell knows what the consensus was. I'd say the fact he wasn't sent down to toil in the AHL says at something positive.

My memory is declining rapidly.

Who were a couple of players that were traded with a first round pick just to dump their salaries.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Sounds like a heck of a deal for the Bruins. Big right shot D-man with ample NHL experience in the prime age of his career for an average prospect that is years away if he ever makes it at all.

Maybe I'm in the minority but there are very few prospects in the organization I give a flying F^%%% about. Letourneau. Lysell. The rest? Who cares. 90% of them will end up being nothing. I don't get why fans would get worked up over run-of-the-mill prospects picked in the later rounds of the draft. Their 4th rounder from 2022 just announced he's stepping away from hockey altogether for the time being. Should we be losing our minds about that?
That's fair. I see Pelosi ranked pretty highly around here so was wondering.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
That's fair. I see Pelosi ranked pretty highly around here so was wondering.

We spent years debating the upside of 6th rounder Oskar Steen, overrating prospects is par for the course here.

Me personally, unless it's 1st/2nd round pick or a player chosen in the 1st/2nd round, I generally do not care about prospects or draft picks anymore. Maybe when I was younger I did but now, not worth even keeping track of. I pay no attention at all to the draft anymore outside of checking McKenzie's lists when they come out.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad