Player Discussion Andrew Peeke

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Zadorov will have a huge impact on the team. McAvoy will benefit hugely. The whole D core slots correctly now since that square peg Gryz is gone. We are bigger, faster, and meaner. I dont think it was stated that he is on par with Chara, but the on ice impact conceivably could be reminiscent of the culture change that happened when Savard and Chara first came. BTB is right. People here are just being pedantic.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I worry Zadorov will be our Diet Dr Trouba. Paid and asked to be more than what he is. He’ll get his hits but at the end of the day his impact ends up being a net negative.

Hopefully the staff and his d partner can help mitigate

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Zadorov will have a huge impact on the team. McAvoy will benefit hugely. The whole D core slots correctly now since that square peg Gryz is gone. We are bigger, faster, and meaner. I dont think it was stated that he is on par with Chara, but the on ice impact conceivably could be reminiscent of the culture change that happened when Savard and Chara first came. BTB is right. People here are just being pedantic.

No one is being pedantic. This is a ludicrous take. f***ing absurd.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Two things can be possible

1. Zadorov can have a huge impact on the defense

2. His impact will never come close to being “similar” to the impact of Chara’s

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
How the hell do you think the rest of the division got better? Good lord man come on.
How do you think they haven’t? The bruins swapped out one hole in the top 6 for another. Literally rearranged the deck chairs on the titanic and you all seem to think it will make them a cup contender? They got worse at goalie and added a depth defenseman. BFD.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I thought I was clear saying up front that Zadorov ISN'T Chara but it doesn't seem to be getting through. I never said he was. Chara wasn't Bourque either. Bourgue wasn't Orr. The impact is relative to the era and who was there and who wasn't. Zadorov will change how this D works and plays and his impact AT THIS TIME will be huge and have a similar effect on the relative success of the team.

So no, to be extra extra clear, Zadorov is not Chara. Lindholm is not Bergeron, but they are exactly what we needed at this time and they were missing pieces that will make everyone around them much much better.

Hence, in that way, their impact will be similar. Is that clear enough or is the boring non hockey summer going to keep this going?
The issue is you keep taking about Zad in one breath and then all time great bruins defensemen in the next. Like you do realize Zad is a bottom pairing depth guy, no? Has been his entire career. So you talking about Chara and Borque and whomever else is absurd. You want to talk about Zad in terms of an improvement over Shatty or Forbort, that would at least make sense.

It’s hilarious how you’ve all convinced yourselves it was just Gryz that was the problem. They still couldn’t clear a f***ing pick out of their own zone consistently all season. That’s just not on Gryz and now the goalie situation is worse. So we all better hope that Sway can carry the lid because otherwise it’s going to be a looooong ass season

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
How do you think they haven’t? The bruins swapped out one hole in the top 6 for another. Literally rearranged the deck chairs on the titanic and you all seem to think it will make them a cup contender? They got worse at goalie and added a depth defenseman. BFD.
That wasn’t the question. How did Florida get better? Toronto? Detroit? Could make and argument for Tampa but I’ll argue it’s a push at best.

How did the rest of the division get better?

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff and LSCII

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Literally no one is confused by what you are saying. We all understand the bolded parts and did even before this post.

What YOU don't understand is that we all think THIS IS f***ING INSANE. This is not an issue of us misunderstanding you. It's an issue of us understanding you perfectly.
Okay, wait and see then. Get back to me in December.

The issue is you keep taking about Zad in one breath and then all time great bruins defensemen in the next. Like you do realize Zad is a bottom pairing depth guy, no? Has been his entire career. So you talking about Chara and Borque and whomever else is absurd. You want to talk about Zad in terms of an improvement over Shatty or Forbort, that would at least make sense.

It’s hilarious how you’ve all convinced yourselves it was just Gryz that was the problem. They still couldn’t clear a f***ing pick out of their own zone consistently all season. That’s just not on Gryz and now the goalie situation is worse. So we all better hope that Sway can carry the lid because otherwise it’s going to be a looooong ass season
You don't seem to realize that Zadorov will be top paired with McAvoy. Book it.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
It's summer dude, it's a good time to smile, enjoy yourself and be optimistic, try it out sometime.

What would it take for you to be happy with a Bruins offseason? Bringing in McDavid, Kucherov and Makar?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Andrew Peeke's No.1 fan, Pascal Vincent, was hired by the Habs to coach their AHL Laval team. Came across this tidbit from Aaron Portzline.

Pascal Vincent.PNG

Lot's of commentary on here that Peeke being healthy scratched in CBJ. Would they have the same take if the Bruins had acquired Fantilli or Jiricek or Johnson.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
The defense finally has some bite again with Zadorov and Peeke. Grzelcyk is on the perfect team for him, an analytics driven team that is pretty soft, wish him the best and I am ecstatic he is gone and replaced by a 6'6 250 pound tank that hits to hurt. The speed and skill crowd have to be hating this off season as much as I am loving it, a tougher, bigger D, tougher and more aggressive forwards. A team built to win in the playoffs around D and goaltending.

I can't wait to watch this D in action. I know full well Zadorov is going to be out of position on some plays because he is looking for a huge hit, and that is ok, especially if that first regular season big hit is on Tkachuk or Bennet. Peeke and Zadorov will keep the crease clear and not let Swayman get run anymore, things are changing for the better.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
What a sentence to write.
You forgot "Things are changing for the better"

No more Heinen, Grizz or Boqvist, they have been replaced by Kastellic, Jones and Zadorov. Tougher, more aggressive and Kastellic and Jones are both very good skaters, difference is when they get in on the forecheck they will finish there hits not turn off like Heinen and Boqvist.

I have listened since the 2019 finals to some people saying physical, tough hockey has no place anymore, since then I have seen St. Louis wear the Bruins down over a seven games series by hitting and cheap shoting the Bruins with no reaction, the Panthers do the same to the Bruins and then lift the Stanley Cup last year. Sweeney finally figured it out, analytics don't account for emotion or physical play and you need both to win in the playoffs.

Maybe it won't work, they need another top six scorer but the overall direction and additions this off-season have been tremendous. They tried Lady Byng hockey, it didn't work.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Andrew Peeke's No.1 fan, Pascal Vincent, was hired by the Habs to coach their AHL Laval team. Came across this tidbit from Aaron Portzline.

View attachment 895275

Lot's of commentary on here that Peeke being healthy scratched in CBJ. Would they have the same take if the Bruins had acquired Fantilli or Jiricek or Johnson.

This would hold more weight for me if the CBJ fans weren't in full agreement with the benchings and all under the assumption they would have to pay to dump Peake with retention due to how ass he was.

If they all were confused why he was being benched it would be a different story.

If he bounces back, thats great. Doesn't fix that Don bought high on a guy that was rumored to be heading to the buy-out block.

You forgot "Things are changing for the better"

No more Heinen, Grizz or Boqvist, they have been replaced by Kastellic, Jones and Zadorov. Tougher, more aggressive and Kastellic and Jones are both very good skaters, difference is when they get in on the forecheck they will finish there hits not turn off like Heinen and Boqvist.

I have listened since the 2019 finals to some people saying physical, tough hockey has no place anymore, since then I have seen St. Louis wear the Bruins down over a seven games series by hitting and cheap shoting the Bruins with no reaction, the Panthers do the same to the Bruins and then lift the Stanley Cup last year. Sweeney finally figured it out, analytics don't account for emotion or physical play and you need both to win in the playoffs.

Maybe it won't work, they need another top six scorer but the overall direction and additions this off-season have been tremendous. They tried Lady Byng hockey, it didn't work.

This just makes me think of the guys who use to do dances to bring on the rain. And when it finally rained they felt proven right that it was due to all the pop lock and drops they had been doing.

Reactions: EverettMike

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
This would hold more weight for me if the CBJ fans weren't in full agreement with the benchings and all under the assumption they would have to pay to dump Peake with retention due to how ass he was.

If they all were confused why he was being benched it would be a different story.

If he bounces back, thats great. Doesn't fix that Don bought high on a guy that was rumored to be heading to the buy-out block.

Columbus fans and people who cover the team were saying the two most likely options for Peeke were either a buyout or Columbus was going to have to trade a 2nd round draft pick and retain salary on his deal.

The Bruins being the ones to give up assets for him is crazy to me.

Reactions: EverettMike

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Columbus fans and people who cover the team were saying the two most likely options for Peeke were either a buyout or Columbus was going to have to trade a 2nd round draft pick and retain salary on his deal.

Well, I'm sure the Columbus fans are really in the know.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Well, I'm sure the Columbus fans are really in the know.
I'm sure they be happy if all but 2 or 3 players were taken off their hands. Terrible franchise, why would anybody want to play there, unless it was close to home and they don't care about winning.
Even if they scrape into the PO's, they're so far from being a contending franchise and haven't shown any ability to develop players. Hell they neutered Gaudreau into an average player.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017

They'll probably be stunned when he is a contributing player once he left a shitbag franchise and is put in a position to succeed.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Thinking they would have to give up a 2nd round draft pick just to get rid of his $2.75 mil contract is crazy.

Wasn’t that roughly the cost of adding John moore to the ducks trade?

Also what it cost Detroit to get Jake Walman off the books.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Thinking they would have to give up a 2nd round draft pick just to get rid of his $2.75 mil contract is crazy.

A contract that's just 2 million above the minimum for two more years. Plus he is/was an easy buyout.

Their current cap it is 70 million and they won't need a massive amount to re-sign Johnson, Sillenger and Marchanko. Really if you think about why would they even buy him out, they won't be close to the cap come October, let alone pay someone to take him. Why would a team near the bottom of league in overall salary do this? Right now today they are 29th in team salary.

Wasn’t that roughly the cost of adding John moore to the ducks trade?

That was done to help facilitate a much bigger deal. You don't know what part of the deal was the "cost" to take on Moore. That situation is not even comparable.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 7
    Staked: $30,494.00